• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Ridiculous it may be in your opinion. In my opinion, he settled for fourth, knowing there was ALWAYS a chance Chelsea could win the final. And he hasn't exceeded anything in the past 2 years. Two fifth placed finishes were both failures in my opinion.

But my point is that it's ridiculous to decide whether or not to sack him based on the outcome of a game that didn't involve us. If Chelsea had lost we would have qualified for the CL (Qualifier), thus attaining our goal (despite Harry settling for 4th in your opinion).

Ermm 2 seasons ago we finished 4th, for the first time in recent history, on 70 points, with players like Crouch, Defoe, Palacios, Kranjcar, Huddlestone all playing significant parts. That wasn't exceeding expectations?

I'll wager a bet that if this holds any truth to it at all, the ploy is to have a better chance at getting to players like Modric and perhaps Bale. Why would they replace a manager who just got them the FA cup and their first CL title, both in his first season? It doesn't make any sense.

Same reason they sacked a manger who brought them their first league and cup double I suppose.

If Redknapp goes to Chelsea then I hope we get RDM.
Yeah he'd definitely be high up on 'the list'. You'd have to think that if he came to Spurs then he'd try and play attacking football - the players he had at Chelsea were not suited to that style of play. He recognised the squad's strengths and weaknesses and turned them back into a winning team. Very impressive.

If Redknapp goes to Chelsea then I hope we get RDM.

I'd much prefer AVB in this case.

Better points per game, better goals scored, better goals conceeded.

All round better manager, plus our player would actually accept him as manager.

RDM is a puppet. Chelsea's aging star players from the Mourinho era have been running the show since AVB was forced out. It doesn't take a genius to stick 9 men behind the ball and leave Drogba up front.

Can we have an option for 'I don't really mind'?

Redknapp has done a great job for Spurs. When he took over we were bottom of the league and now he's lead us to three consecutive 5th-placed or above finishes in the league, the first time that's happened in GHod know's how long. But in saying that, he has some vast limitations, and as a person he's a bit of a selfish c*nt so I wouldn't be that bothered if he left the club.

There's positives in both situations for me, but if we made some moves in the summer to bring in new players then I think we can make some noise next season. We have a good squad after all.

That doesnt explain

I see no reason why they couldnt do as well as Redknapp to be honest. Apprt from the opportunity I dont see anything in Redknapp these guys dont have.

How can you possibly know what those guys would do at Spurs? You can't, you can guess. With Redknapp we have a more solid assurance that we'll be in and around the Champion's League places as he's had us there three years straight. That's why he's less of a gamble.

anyone that'd want RDM is a fudging nutter - he has done fudge all with Chelsea in the league and if it weren't for the fact they fluked and defended their way to a cup competition win no one would be talking about him as a great manager

Jose's Porto and Inter sides did pretty much the same.

Liverpool have sacked Dalglish so why shouldn't Spurs sack Harry? Afterall both clubs have ended up with Europa League football, but Liverpol have a Carling Cup and an FA Cup final to show for it, whereas we have ....

How can you possibly know what those guys would do at Spurs? You can't, you can guess. With Redknapp we have a more solid assurance that we'll be in and around the Champion's League places as he's had us there three years straight. That's why he's less of a gamble.

I look at Redknapp, I look at them, and as Ive stated I see nothing in Redknapp the other guys dont possess - save for the opportunity we afforded him.

He isnt a world class genius manager, he is a good, solid manager. With that in mind I find it odd to suggest he is more likely to do anything.

Liverpool have sacked Dalglish so why shouldn't Spurs sack Harry? Afterall both clubs have ended up with Europa League football, but Liverpol have a Carling Cup and an FA Cup final to show for it, whereas we have ....

Because Dalglish finished 8th on 52 points after a net spend of ?ú35m this season, whereas Spurs finished 4th (our joint-best PL finish) on 69 points after a net spend of -?ú27m this season. Even if you blame Harry for not spending more money, we still finished 17 points above them. I would take that over a Carling Cup win and an extra round in the FA Cup any day.

But the end result was the same(except they won something), more points in the league or not.
The result is the same, but we finished where we had aimed to before the start of the season. Harry has succeeded in leading us to a top four finish, while Dalglish has failed in whatever his league aspirations might have been (finishing above Everton was a minimum).

some utter gonad*s talked on here. no neutral gave us a prayer of CL football back in august. we were expected to finish 6th. you could have got 3/1 at least down any bookie for a top 4 place.

even levy wouldn't expected a top 4 place. hope yes expect no.

KKK spent 100m pounds. We got a bunch of loan signings.

KKK was a disaster waiting to happen especially the whole Suarez fiasco. Harry for all intense and purposes never put Spurs in a position like King **** did.

So presumably if Bayern had won on penalties last night you would have thought that Redknapp shouldn't be sacked? Sorry mate, but that's ridiculous to judge whether or not to sack your manager based on a penalty shootout between two other teams.

Additionally, should you really sack your manager for failing to achieve his target by 1 point? After meeting or exceeding targets the previous 3 years in charge?

If Harry would have got us 50 points and every other team got 37 points, we'd have won the league, not through Harry's genius, but because he seriously underachieved and got a mid table points tally, but every other club fudged up beyond belief. Harry shouldn't get the sack for winning us the league, but if he finished 8th with that point tally, he should.

It's not as simple as as sacking Harry because another team won a penalty shootout. It's about not wanting to give him an extended contract because we were in a position that our fate was decided by two opposite teams... The important thing about Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Chelsea's last half a dozen games of the season was that Harry could fluke getting CL football for us due to the other teams messing up.

I personally decided to wait until the end of the season to vote because I wanted the full picture, the game that decided our season was the CL final. No matter what happened, the highs and lows of the season from the team itself were still the same, but like the Arsenal - West Brom game, our final season result was decided elsewhere in the end.

If we'd have finished 3rd because Foster played and only gifted Arsenal 1 or 2 goals instead of 3, then you simply can't sack Harry for finishing 3rd, regardless of Arsenal losing to Wigan (at home), drawing with Norwich (at home), Chelsea's second team (at home) and Stoke (away) plus drawing or losing to West Brom away.

Let's not forget, Saudi Sportswashing Machine lost to Wigan (away) and Everton (away), two tough games, in addition to City at home... If they'd have won 2 of those 3, they'd have finished 3rd.

So if Saudi Sportswashing Machine would have finished 3rd, Arsenal 4th and Spurs 5th, Harry would be even more likely to be sacked, no?

To top it off, if Harry would have sealed 3rd on the final day (whether by beating Villa and Fulham or because Arsenal drew or lost their last 2), Harry still would have deserved a few joke type comments about nearly letting a 13 point lead slip and so on. Or, if you think Levy could have given him a slap on the wrist for nearly losing it, then possibly that, but you can't slap Harry on the wrist when he's finished 3rd, just like it's very hard to sack him for getting us CL football.

You can blame Harry for taking his eye off the ball when it came to Capello resigning, the point slip since that time (and subsequent Bale roaming) are some of the many reasons that we weren't safely in 3rd when the penalty shootout in question happened... It's just important that you wait until the end of the season before deciding whether or not to sack the manager.

Look at Mancini, when he lost the title at Arsenal, people were debating whether he'd be sacked... It turned out that Emirates Marketing Project won the title, despite them being totally out of it.

Did Man United losing to Wigan, drawing with Everton and losing to City mean that Mancini fluked the title? Maybe a little bit, but he goes from zero to hero anyway and is unsackable.

Edit: I forgot Arsenal also drew 1-1- with Stoke. How the fudge did they drop 10 points in the last half a dozen games and still finish a point ahead of us? After their worst start for 50-60 years too?

Last edited:
Back