• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
No, the trend from the writing that's on the wall.

Have you not seen what's happened in the last two season's post Feb? What makes you think it wont happen again next year? Or that we'll even have such a large lead to fall back on in the first place?

You seriously need to reevaluate your ambitions when it comes to Spurs.

You seriously need to reevaluate your ambitions when it comes to Spurs.

Why? I'm not calling you out or anything, but I'd very much like to know why you seem to think a lifetime of mediocrity consigns us to another lifetime of near-mediocrity before we move on to the next step. Do we really have to wait that long?

Why, with the current talented squad that we have and the financial status we hold, can we not dream of something better? After all, Montpellier, a club with a fraction of our resources, is a point away from the league title. It can be done, given the right attitude and the right management.

can't it? And if not, why?

Last edited:
First of all: French league is a useless comparison

If people seriously expect us to do better than we are they seriously need a reality check,

I'm going to throw something out to tinkle people off.

RDM won the FA Cup and the CL, Redknapp might have failed in the same situation, but the dire way that Cheat$ki played today, basically an upscale Bolton/Stoke defending with 11 behind the ball in their 18 yard box for huge periods of the game ... wtf ...

Glad we failed (if 4th is failure for us) trying to play football.

I'm going to throw something out to tinkle people off.

RDM won the FA Cup and the CL, Redknapp might have failed in the same situation, but the dire way that Cheat$ki played today, basically an upscale Bolton/Stoke defending with 11 behind the ball in their 18 yard box for huge periods of the game ... wtf ...

Glad we failed (if 4th is failure for us) trying to play football.

I do not agree with this gonad*s.

First of all: French league is a useless comparison

If people seriously expect us to do better than we are they seriously need a reality check,

Modric, Bale, VdV, Lennon, Sandro, Adebayor, Parker, Walker...all top 4 players.
We played amazing football at times, ESPECIALLY when we kept it simple and played players where they belonged.
For the last TWO SEASONS, I have lamented how Harry focussed on Harry from late Jan to April. It's not fickle in my case, it' a long-standing frustration that the two fuming things he CAN do (man-manage and rotate) he HASN'T been doing consistently.

I never expected a 10 or 13 point gap through the season, but I think given the players we have, it was reasonable to expect a blip to be no longer than 3 or 4 games, and for 3rd to remain firmly in our possession. If that's expecting "more", and you want me to get a reality check, then I'll pass than k you and suggest you take one yourself.

We WERE good enough for MUCH more this season.
We didn't do it.
If you want to buy the "reality check" line, then GHod luck and enjoy.
But I won't.
I DID expect more. I expected this squad, in its third year together, to have the one thing which the billionaires club didn't have; team-spirit due to togetherness. And we DID have that.
All we needed was some calm and consistent steerage through a troubled time, not a manager who simply forgot how to to manage because his head was looking towards Lancaster fudging Gate. He banked on it, he was halfway out the door, you know it and I know it. He left his post unattended at vital times.

It's fine. I know there are some out there mate who think this is "hater-speak" or some such gonad*s, but it's much much more than that. It's what happened from my perspective, and I believe from the perspective of many others.

I am waiting with baited breath to see what sort of flimflam he spouts in response to all this (fair play to him, I actually thought he'd have been spouting off right now, but he's kept his cool, probably celebrating with his cousin)...

Modric, Bale, VdV, Lennon, Sandro, Adebayor, Parker, Walker...all top 4 players.
We played amazing football at times, ESPECIALLY when we kept it simple and played players where they belonged.
For the last TWO SEASONS, I have lamented how Harry focussed on Harry from late Jan to April. It's not fickle in my case, it' a long-standing frustration that the two fuming things he CAN do (man-manage and rotate) he HASN'T been doing consistently.

I never expected a 10 or 13 point gap through the season, but I think given the players we have, it was reasonable to expect a blip to be no longer than 3 or 4 games, and for 3rd to remain firmly in our possession. If that's expecting "more", and you want me to get a reality check, then I'll pass than k you and suggest you take one yourself.

We WERE good enough for MUCH more this season.
We didn't do it.
If you want to buy the "reality check" line, then GHod luck and enjoy.
But I won't.
I DID expect more. I expected this squad, in its third year together, to have the one thing which the billionaires club didn't have; team-spirit due to togetherness. And we DID have that.
All we needed was some calm and consistent steerage through a troubled time, not a manager who simply forgot how to to manage because his head was looking towards Lancaster fudging Gate. He banked on it, he was halfway out the door, you know it and I know it. He left his post unattended at vital times.

It's fine. I know there are some out there mate who think this is "hater-speak" or some such gonad*s, but it's much much more than that. It's what happened from my perspective, and I believe from the perspective of many others.

I am waiting with baited breath to see what sort of flimflam he spouts in response to all this (fair play to him, I actually thought he'd have been spouting off right now, but he's kept his cool, probably celebrating with his cousin)...

Look, I know we could have done so much better if every little detail went our way, but in real life most things don't go your way.

Football in general has tinkled me off so much that I no longer care. All that matters to me is Tottenham and one season without CL football won't change that. If someone turns us down because of that then fudge them. This club is so much bigger than any single ****.

I believe that the club were so certain that we would qualify for the CL around Christmas, that they only employed stopgaps in the winter window, and expected to upgrade this summer. We are now paying the price, as this failed miserably for too many reasons to mention. But we have had some seriously bad luck, Murphy must be a Spurs fan as we have proven his theory right time and time again, but his law only applies to those open to it.

Is this down to Redknapp? Well, there is no denying that things fell apart when he had his sights on the England job. But then again we usually do at that time of year. Harry has done a remarkable job when he has stuck to what he can - motivating players and getting the best out of them. He is however, relatively speaking, weak when he tries to be clever. He is no Ferguson, but he doesn't have to be as long as he sticks to what he does best. The problem is when he doesn't do that, and bar a major disaster, injuries and fatigue are no excuse. Every team has them, and that's why you build a squad to cope. I've never seen Ferguson or Wenger play their best players out of position to accomodate positions you haven't got covered, thus weakening the only game plan you have. You put a right winger on the right side period. Again, that's why you build a squad, and that squad has to have at least one backup for every position of maybe different ability but similar characteristics. This isn't FM speak, this is bloody common sense.

So should Redknapp go? As long as we don't have a better replacement, a resounding no. We cannot replace him with a brilliant tactician with no man management skills. With our club culture, that is not an upgrade. But any company or organization still has to adress its shortcomings and flaws, or spiral into decline. The problem is that as an organization, few are as rooted in emotions rather that reality as football clubs, as can be seen in their followers (perhaps animal or environment organizations). But you have to upgrade on every aspect when available and affordable. No company can blame luck or use expressions as "punching above its weight", "we are not better", or even so called "potential" and still expect to progress.

Which is what I am saying, if losing out on 3rd was a sacking issue then he should have gone by now. The Chelsea result tonight has nothing to do with Redknapp's performance this season.

But it probably has a great deal to do with how we might proceed post Redknapps sacking (if it is/was on the cards)

As with buying players, with managers CL makes a huge difference and changes your potential appeal/pulling power.

There were lots of reports a couple of months ago (how reliable I dont know, "Spurs insider" blah blah) that stated we wanted Rodgers, but that he wouldnt want us if we were in the CL - he would be interested if we were in the EUROPA.

Not that Im saying he is coming in, its an illustration is all.

I completely disagree with this train of thought. There is always the possibility that you can overcome the odds with the right planning and foresight. I just cannot accept that because 5 teams in the league have a bigger budget than us we should accept finishing below them as a given. Money does not automatically = success as much as lack of does not automatically = faliure. Whilst in the current footballing climate it is an advantage it is not one that cannot be overcome despite what people may think.

Finally someone else who thinks this!

Look at Citys record before their investment, look at Chelsea. It is like Wenger said it is financial doping. If you had a race between 5 people and 4 were on performance enhancing drugs. Would you expect the 5th person to compete on their level?

I can't see how he can stay, a large number of fans are against him now, for many last night was the final straw, it's all well and good saying we would have accepted 4th at the start of the season however a lot has happened since Aug.

I don't see how anyone could have been happy with 4th last Sunday, I honestly don't.

Levy will be ??ber tinkled this morning, for the second year in a row we have had a CL place in our own hands only to go for a terrible run just after Christmas, this loss of funds while hit us hard, say goodbye to any major improvements in the summer, we need to rebuild our team and I for one want Redknapp near this, he has seriously under achieved with the players he had this year and would only look at bringing in the likes of Joe Cole.

The England job
Pathetic tactics
Woeful team selections
Questionable signings
Lack of rotation and subbing

All reasons why he should go

To be honest, he should be sacked for not playing bale on the left alone.

I do not think there are many ( if any) who will not admit he has done a good job since he has been here. However we need to try and get to the next level and really be a challenger for the top trophies and Redknapp is not the man to do that. We have the best squad here we have had for a long time and if we are not careful we will fall backwards again. Redknapp has missed a great opportunity this season to finish third if we had done so we may have been able to keep our top players ( it will be harder to do so now), i will not say what i think about all his media flimflam or the pathetic way he chased the England job ( i have already posted those thoughts elsewhere) my concern now is that we need a manager who will be able to take the likes of Utd, City etc on and beat them on a regular basis, one trophy in over 30 years shows that he will struggle to do so.

Levy, 'So Harry, if Hodgson leaves the England job in 6 months would you be interested'.

Harry, ponders his decision and before he answers.......

Levy, 'Sorry, but time to go then Harry'.

Some f*****g hangover i've got today but in my hazy state i'm sat thinking that it's time for change. Not a Harry hater by any means but see it as time for a change now, focus on the future & the new stadium, young manager i.e Martinez, Rogers, Lambert etc & look ahead. I would sell Bale & Modric if either cause a problem in the summer but only in the event that they do because I want a TEAM, I didn't see enough fight or enough winners in when the chips were down during the bad spell, Harry is right it is about needing people like Parker in the team & that's why I'd keep Nelson for 1yr, Dawson is a warrior & Walker has the potential to be but Sandro is the man for me because he has exceptional ability to go with it. Id keep King for one last yr so he play if needed & use him in the cups, I'd have a clear out of the likes of Bentley & Gio, Saha can not come back & really look closer at the person as well as the player when bringing people in. We need some pride back in our team & we need players who want it & want the shirt As the man himself Mr Bill Nicholson once said- "Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

Chelsea didn't need a big name to win an FA Cup and Champions League, Di Matteo is now one of the most successful managers in the world so therefore must be one of the best right? If you're thinking "well, no" then that's because comparing C.Vs is a futile exercise.

Back