• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
This.

Redknapp takes some of blame. The players take some of the blame. Levy takes some of the blame.

How exactly is it Levy's fault?

For giving him a once in a lifetime opportunity to manage a proper club at least once in his 30 year old career of nearly fudge all achievements bar a Bournemouth medal?

For sticking by him during the continous media fluffy bunnies cuddling-out like a cheap slag when Capello resigned instead of shoving a thick one down his throat issuing a written order not allowing him to give out any England related interviews or comments.

For continously enteratining his transfer cricus and depsicable wheeler-deeler flimflam deals of handing out expensive retiremenet packages to dying cloggers and similar usless qunts who are 2 days away from drawing their fudging pensions while in the process clogging up our wage structure in turn killing off any hopes of signing some decent players. If Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine can find cheap goal-scorers - there is no excuse. We cleared Moyes' wage bill for them to sign Jelavic by taking away that fudging crock, ffs.

Last edited:
It was the case with Suarez, a player who was available and willing to join...personally I hate him, but he has the talent...Harry wasn't sure how he'd fit...

He has talent so do a million other footballers but doesnt mean theyre right for the team. Harry was right - Suarez wasnt right for the team. He doesnt score enough goals and isnt a target man. He would play VDVs role. So yeah no one can use that as "evidence" that Harry doesnt know what he is doing.

The same goes for Ruiz.

How exactly is it Levy's fault?

For giving him a once in a lifetime opportunity to manage a proper club at least once in his 30 year old career of nearly fudge all achievements bar a Bournemouth medal?

For sticking by him during the continous media fluffy bunnies cuddling-out like a cheap slag when Capello resigned instead of shoving a thick one down his throat issuing a written order not allowing him to give out any England related interviews or comments.

For continously enteratining his transfer cricus and depsicable wheeler-deeler flimflam deals of handing out expensive retiremenet packages to dying cloggers and similar usless qunts who are 2 days away from drawing their fudging pensions while in the process clogging up our wage structure in turn killing off any hopes of signing some decent players. If Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine can find cheap goal-scorers - there is no excuse. We cleared Moyes' wage bill for them to sign Jelavic by taking away that fudging crock, ffs.

Give over - he's fudged us

Nope noen of the above

But for his transfer dealings which lets be honest has alot to be desired for (on a footballing side not a financial basis). How long have you, I or anyone else said that we need a striker? and dont tell me that Harry doesnt want one. How long have we said we need a defender? dont tell me Harry doesnt want one.

We leave things till the last minute.

However I am actually confident that Levy has "learnt" from these mistakes in the past and we will see him act differently this time round. I think we will be buying early. (Ofcourse depends if the Manager stays or goes and if we have someone else coming in etc)

Other than tweeting details, how do you post up coming fixtures on Twitter. Has Adebayor ever done this?

You have to pay to publish the fixture list. This is probably why it isn't on Adebayor's website and probably never was. It is probably like a lot of professional football websites, very out of date because it is rarely updated.

Sounds a lot like someone adding up two and two and getting five.

Well Levy's title is Executive Chairman am I correct? unless im mistaken and unless I am unsure of his duties and responsibilities.

But lets go with your analogy - Levy is also responsible for the purchase of players i.e. negotiating with clubs and agreeing personal terms etc. If Harry to fulfil his job properly needs acquisitions i.e. high calibre staff but Levy is not providing the support then one of two things is wrong. Either Levy doesnt trust Harry in which case Levy should have fired him in the summer and got in Ancelotti when he was available (assuming Chelscum didnt force him to sign a contract not to manage anyone else in the premier league for a period of time) or Levy seriously lacks negotiation skills in getting in players (and we overrated this skill of his).

Now we know we were in for the likes of Cahill, Remy etc but we couldnt get them - is that Harrys fault? Would Harry have waited till the last minute of the window to try to get Cahill or was that Levy? (not forgetting that Levy has previous of this)

Ultimately Harry had to get rid of some of the existing players at the promise of being able to get the players he wanted in (which we werent able to get in) which had a knock on effect on Harrys ability to rotate the squad which resulted in fatigue for the players (which our form has shown).

As for your response to mick - I guess my response to that is the above. Levy has obviously acted like a DoF and has failed.

Like I say I have no loyalty to Harry or any to anyone, I just want whats best for THFC but ultimately if we get a new Manager in we will still have similiar issues with recruiting players for our current squad because Levy is rigid in how he negotiates. We got no money? then dont blame Harry - we may as well get someone in who can work with limitations and constraints (thats where moyes comes in I think)

Levy is responsible for negotiating transfer yes, and he probably also decides on an overall transfer strategy. But that is far from a DoF role, difference beeing that a DoF identifies targets by scouting and contacts, you don't see Levy flying over to France to watch Marseille to see if Remy is good enough or not. Levy actually did plenty of the negotiating when we had a dedicated DoF at the club as well.

Yes, we were in for Cahill and we couldn't get him. Is that Levy's fault though? When up against Chelsea and it comes down to finances we won't get that player. Seemed obvious all along that as long as Chelsea wanted Cahill we wouldn't get him. So, where does that leave Harry and Levy? It means (to me at least) that Harry needs to identify another target if he wants a centre half. From where I'm sitting he should have already done that before we even failed to get Cahill as transfer targets should be a part of a list of targets, not just one target per position.

It's not that we have no money, but like has been pointed out a million times Levy wasn't going to let Harry spend a ton of our money while he was still planning to leave after 5 months. We will have similar problems recruiting in the future, that's just the way football works, if a bigger or richer club comes in for a player, or a player is on wages we can't afford or the player isn't interested in moving to us we won't get that player. But there are other players to be found, our manager shouldn't just identify one player and if Levy can't get him we give up. He needs to identify a long list of players he wants and then Levy will go do his thing.

So in your opinion - it is Levy's fault we've been utter turd in the trasnsfer market over the last 18 months?

I wouldnt say solely no and have never said solely but yeah he has a big part to play in transfers i.e. the actual negotiations with clubs and agreement of players personal terms.

I just want to ask you one thing - do you think, in all seriousness, Harrys first choice or even transfer wish list consisted of Saha and Nielsen as players that will propel us for the second half of the season?

Levy is responsible for negotiating transfer yes, and he probably also decides on an overall transfer strategy. But that is far from a DoF role, difference beeing that a DoF identifies targets by scouting and contacts, you don't see Levy flying over to France to watch Marseille to see if Remy is good enough or not. Levy actually did plenty of the negotiating when we had a dedicated DoF at the club as well.

Yes, we were in for Cahill and we couldn't get him. Is that Levy's fault though? When up against Chelsea and it comes down to finances we won't get that player. Seemed obvious all along that as long as Chelsea wanted Cahill we wouldn't get him. So, where does that leave Harry and Levy? It means (to me at least) that Harry needs to identify another target if he wants a centre half. From where I'm sitting he should have already done that before we even failed to get Cahill as transfer targets should be a part of a list of targets, not just one target per position.

It's not that we have no money, but like has been pointed out a million times Levy wasn't going to let Harry spend a ton of our money while he was still planning to leave after 5 months. We will have similar problems recruiting in the future, that's just the way football works, if a bigger or richer club comes in for a player, or a player is on wages we can't afford or the player isn't interested in moving to us we won't get that player. But there are other players to be found, our manager shouldn't just identify one player and if Levy can't get him we give up. He needs to identify a long list of players he wants and then Levy will go do his thing.

Brain

Cahil - why did we leave it till the last minute AS ALWAYS?

As for Levy not wanting to spend a ton of money as he knew Harry was going to leave - then why didnt he just let Harry go at the end of the season? We all knew Harry was going to leave in the summer (this year). Levy shoulda just fired him there and then.

Like I say im not blaming Levy for everything but he has to take some responsibility - thats the only gripe I have with people. I respect Levy and for what he has done in getting us to where we are and the hard work in the planning of the new stadium etc but longevity is one thing but our foreseeable future is paramount also.

I just want to ask you one thing - do you think, in all seriousness, Harrys first choice or even transfer wish list consisted of Saha and Nielsen as players that will propel us for the second half of the season?

I'm inclined to believe - quite possibly so! Look at his transfer history over the last decade or so.

He's even said 'himself' he draws up a list (obviously asks someone to write it for him or type it out) and then hands over to Levy for negotiations. Which players has he factually stated we were after apart from Remy (average at best) and some flimflam rumours about Aguero from last year. Not to mention - he absolutely LOVES blabbing off how we were after player 'x' after he signs for other clubs.

Scouting combined with management has first and foremost failed to indentify attainble targets, imv - of course they wouldn't be that thick to write down players on 200k a week or G-14 'starters'. Can't blame Levy for that. Where is our Hernandez, Cisse, Jelavic, Falcao, etc. Players who went for cheap, etc. Ample scouting network within a well-worked system based on informed decisions - general sucess. Last minuted wheeler/deeler experienced pensioners - recipe of failure.

Last edited:
Surely if Levy is as obsessed with the CL as he is rumoured to be, then he would have let Harry have the cash to strengthen our position even knowing that Harry was going? On the flipside, remember his quotes on how he would never let another Rebrov situation occur again...

Did Levy so blithely assume we were going to coast into the top 3 for the rest of the season? Maybe reasonable given our earlier season form, but this is Tottenham we are talking about, Kings of Chokedom.

Seems a curious shift in transfer policy when Levy's alleged remit to Comolli was to buy players whose value would increase rather than old fogies looking for one last payday.

Brain

Cahil - why did we leave it till the last minute AS ALWAYS?

As for Levy not wanting to spend a ton of money as he knew Harry was going to leave - then why didnt he just let Harry go at the end of the season? We all knew Harry was going to leave in the summer (this year). Levy shoulda just fired him there and then.

Like I say im not blaming Levy for everything but he has to take some responsibility - thats the only gripe I have with people. I respect Levy and for what he has done in getting us to where we are and the hard work in the planning of the new stadium etc but longevity is one thing but our foreseeable future is paramount also.

Because we couldn't sign him any earlier. Because he knew, Bolton knew, his agent knew and just about the whole world knew that Chelsea also wanted him. So Bolton wanted a transfer fee that was very high for a player that would have been free in the summer and he wanted wages that would not only break, but smash our wage structure. What was Levy supposed to do? Just pay him twice of what our current top earners are making? Or wait it out and see what happened?

I actually argued last summer on here that letting Harry go then would be a decent plan seeing as he was most likely gone in a year anyway and had his court case so we wouldn't be able to plan long term for an entire season if he stayed, better to get the change over with and start focusing on the future. I'm almost certain Levy entertained the thought as well, based on nothing other than Levy being calculated and not particularly sentimental about these things.

I agree, Levy isn't without fault here, but the main problem to me at least is Harry and the situation surrounding him.

Agreed. Harry ain't fit to lace his shoes. And he speaks better English than Harry....

I'd like to see how many league titles and European Cups Capello would win at clubs like Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth or Southampton. He's never had a job like that in his life. Neither has Harry had a job like AC Milan, Real Madrid or Juventus. You can't say Capello "earned" the right to manage those clubs and Redknapp didn't because AC Milan was the first job Capello ever had, why did he get to start with Maldini, Van Basten, Gullit and Baresi whereas Redknapp started in division 3?

we should have a rule that nobody can start a rumour unless they have 1000+ posts. the dumb ones always seem to come from some guy who has under 100 posts

Being dumb is not just the preserve of someone with a low post count my friend, indeed you could say that those with a reasonably low post count could be guilty of inhabiting the real world?

As for me, all of this bunkum about HR is a welcome distraction from what I am seeing on the pitch every game. I guess in some peoples minds, its all about wishful thinking and they live for the buzz that the speculation drives.

Look at the season we finished 4th. Essentially Lennon played for half a season before he got injured and Bale came in part way through the season and played well to the end. It was like type of "lucky rotation" that worked in our favour.

We have good players, great players but an average manager for the modern game.

My theory is that Redknapp relies on the players to put in too much effort and too much running. This is because of a lack of tactics and effective rotation. The players ability alone is enough for us to go on a hot streak as we did, but I'd they are being overworked due to a lack of tactics and strategy, then this will take it's toll.

This is what has happened 2 seasons in a row.

One line of proof of great tactics will be how many goals we score that are tap ins and from inside the box. We rarely do this.

I would have David Moyes over Redknapp in a heartbeat.

Back