• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I'm happy with that, this could well be what we need to salvage 4th, good move from Levy

Any trouble with taking any manager in who's not already part of the set-up. If they do well (all be it for 4 games) will they expect a chance at the job full time?

The more this slump continues the more philosophical I get about it all. I like Harry still. I will give him the benefit of the doubt because he doesn't deserve to be hated on speculation.

I don't (or simply cannot) believe he would purposely jepordise ours and his own chances of a best premier league finish.

Perhaps he is at fault for a lot of our recent tactical failings. Although I am more inclined to blame players as much as he.

The club itself is haunted by failure in recent years so there is always an expectancy that we will blow it.

I feel for Harry. He doesn't deserve some of the hatred being directed at him. A lot of it is based on speculation which is not fair right now. If he has allowed the England stuff and the court case stuff and other more under handed things to interfere with our season and it is later revealed than I will say I hate him. But right now, I think his biggest failing is not being able to motivate the side, making key tactical errors ( in retrospect), and a poor few transfer windows.

I really do hope by some miracle we can salvage a CL place. For us and his own reputation

He hasn't done anything new on purpose, he has always thought primarily of himself. He has always come first. Now, Hoddle was a manager to feel genuinely sorry for, because he fudging bled for us, really wanted it to happen...Harry is Harry, and Harry always looks after himself. And of course the players are somewhat responsible, but leadership is the difference and Harry has shown absolutely none.
Of course, I'd like to point out he has never once held his hand up and said "I got it wrong", the "it" being any number of things he HAS got wrong this season...

I think that Redknapp is gone at the end of the season whatever happens. Like with Inglethorpe, we have no idea whether Gallas or VdV have what it takes to restore the players confidence or even whether the other players would be happy taking instruction from either them.

I believe this is the case...just heard that...thank fudge we won't be stuck with him even if England take Hodgson (which remains a major possibility)...

Out of interest - how do you know Harry couldnt make up his mind? How do you know that Levy agreed a fee and agreed personal terms?

Mick - I agree - this is what im saying EVERYONE is to blame. But obviously the Manager shoulders the blame. In an Organisation the CEO remains culpable and accountable in football terms and specifically to us Levy tends to get away scot-free.

It was the case with Suarez, a player who was available and willing to join...personally I hate him, but he has the talent...Harry wasn't sure how he'd fit...

Can't believe I'm going to side with Redknapp (sort of), but if the players want to have a secret meeting, how about one where the XI selected on the park say to hell with their turncoat manager, we know how to play, we know how to win, so fudge it let's do it for us. The players can't have a big waa-waa over their poor form coz it's all the managers fault.

its interesting to see that three months and a rumour of mutiny from our players is all it takes for people to wipe clean the contributions of a manager for 3 years.

just three months. I wonder what that says about us and our ability to look long term

He isn't entirely wrong. We didn't deserve to lose today, we dominated the match, had plenty of set pieces and attempts at goal. The problem is we aren't creating clear cut chances, ones that we should be scoring.

Can we win the last 4 matches? Yes. Today was our hardest remaining fixture. Will we win? Sadly I can't see it now. There is a chance, but Harry is so hellbent on playing a 5 man midfield system that the chance is gone.

I'm sorry, that was a poor, poor performance from a side containing our calibre and quality. The players looked thoroughly confused and enharmonic, which is absolutely 100% the manager's job to sort out. Even our possession wasn't of the "quality" I've seen during our poorer games this season. We allowed ourselves to be out-fought and out-hassled, we showed little urgency to get the ball forward quickly and our stars looked bewildered. I saw several little arguments between players. Make no mistake, this was dire, an awful performance and Harry's defense of it is laughable and thoroughly unsurprising. It is pretty straight-fudging-forward what we need to do. Play our wide players wide and in positions they know, hit them quickly and up the tempo of our remaining games both on and off the ball. NOT fudging rocket science.

More than anything, Harry needs to fill the players with confidence, not make public proclamations as to where he's going to find some! How about in your own fudging heart man!!!!!!

Sorry mate, we DID deserve to lose Saturday. We dominates possession because everyone is happy to give us the ball in the first two thirds of the pitch right now because they know we lack the courage and STRUCTURE to punish with it when everyone sits back and deep. We should be grateful that Blackburn need the win; they will have to go for it, and if we're smart, we'll pick them off...

Finally, if we look at formations, the truth is that when teams sit deep on you as some do on us, why not have a 3-5-2 ready to roll? I'd even rather a suicidal-but-fun 3-4-3 when sides are just going to sit back.We HAVE to keep the pitch wide, we HAVE to keep the players who play those positions IN that shape, and we HAVE to hit the wings early...

its interesting to see that three months and a rumour of mutiny from our players is all it takes for people to wipe clean the contributions of a manager for 3 years.

just three months. I wonder what that says about us and our ability to look long term

If it was just bad results, you might have an argument. There's obviously something rotten at the club.

I've gave up on this season to be honest. I can't see us winning an other game really. I just want Redknapp out soon as. My only worry was the FA appointing Hodgson and us being stuck with the old c**t but I think he's on his way no matter what now.

haha, a brick manager with 13 league titles a European Cup and a 70% win rate with England. Perhaps England simply don't have good enough players to win a major tournament.

Agreed. Harry ain't fit to lace his shoes. And he speaks better English than Harry....

England are fudging toss. They are where they are in the rankings for a reason and deserve to be lower. Overated brick cu*nts

I've not seen an implosion this bad in my 24 years watching Spurs.

Now Ramos' start to 08/09 was pretty dreadful, but to be fair we had sold all our forwards from underneath him.

Redknapp now has our best team since '87 (possibly '91), yet we're pushing Wolves hard for being the biggest pushovers in the league at the moment.

So whose failure is greatest?

Redknapp's without a shadow of a doubt - considering the position from which he blew it, resources available in numerous transfer windows prior, continuous England skirt hitching, overall squad quality and general inability to address key transfer areas

Last edited:
Back