• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Barcelona suffered a shock 1-0 defeat to Chelsea on Wednesday night in their Champions League semi-final first leg clash at Stamford Bridge.

Should Chelsea win the Champions League, Spurs will be denied a place in the competition if they finish fourth in the Premier League, but Redknapp claims he still wants the Blues to go through following Tuesday's second leg in Spain.

He added: "I'll be rooting for Chelsea. I haven't even thought about [missing out on the Champions League if Chelsea win the whole thing].

"If Chelsea stay in it, they've got a Champions League Final to prepare for as well and that'll mean they've got a lot on their plate and I want to see an English team win it anyway."

I'm genuinely stunned, how can any manager openly admit rooting for one of their biggest rivals? Wow.

Jesus Harry. You're making it very hard for the fans to stand behind you. I used to love the guy but it's becoming painfully obvious that he's now out for numero uno.

I think any lingering doubt that Harry was going to England is well and truly gone now. His rhetoric and sound bites are all about England not Spurs. His docile behaviour in the face of appalling decisions against the club recently is another sign that he doesn't want to jeopardise his chance of the England job. The club is being well and truly shafted in full public view. fudgeity fudge fudge.

What does Levy do? Is it better to get shot of him now and let Sherwood or someone take it for the last 5 games? Parker as player/manager?

Best case we stumble over the CL line and take it from there without Redknapp, and Hodgson gets the England job.

Levy wouldnt sack him now in a month of Sundays, it would cost us a lot of money, plus he is waiting for the big pay out that England will bring for offering Harry the job.

Put the **** on gardening leave and let clive Allen manage till end of season what a disrespectful cretin so disrespectful to all the fans who have spent fortunes watching the team up and down the country and now comes out with he pretty much dont care if we finish top 4?

I'm really just looking forward to the day (about 5 games time) 'Arry moves on to England, we replace him with someone who has a brain, and then 'Arry goes on to win the Euros (if not he'll throw in a line about England not winning since he's got there, etc. etc.) and we can all go back to truly appreciating what he's done for us.

If we were safe in 3rd(like we should be) then I wouldn't mind him saying it.

I would, it's Chelsea for fudge's sake. I don't want anything to happen to Chelsea other than something really fudging painful (and hopefully fatal) to all their racist scumbag Madness-loving **** fans. Oh, and bankruptcy with 2 years of relegation would be nice too.

I certainly don't want the ****s winning anything ever - especially not the CL. I don't want any English team winning it again at least until we do.

Harry's taking the pressure off, countering Pardew's 'nervousness' comments from the previous day. He's basically saying forget about Chelsea, we can't affect them. We have to concentrate on ourselves and maybe we'll get third.

*Awaits torrent of abuse*

Would you let Harry cuckold your wife in front of you?

Give him a happy finish?

The levl of smalltime excuse making is laughable. Utterly laughable.

Thats was stupid from Harry. He looks to me like someone who doesnt really know whats going on at the moment.

He is actually cheering on an english team to win the CL because he thinks thats what the England manager should be doing. It seems he has forgotten about us.

Barcelona suffered a shock 1-0 defeat to Chelsea on Wednesday night in their Champions League semi-final first leg clash at Stamford Bridge.

Should Chelsea win the Champions League, Spurs will be denied a place in the competition if they finish fourth in the Premier League, but Redknapp claims he still wants the Blues to go through following Tuesday's second leg in Spain.

He added: "I'll be rooting for Chelsea. I haven't even thought about [missing out on the Champions League if Chelsea win the whole thing].

"If Chelsea stay in it, they've got a Champions League Final to prepare for as well and that'll mean they've got a lot on their plate and I want to see an English team win it anyway."

I'm genuinely stunned, how can any manager openly admit rooting for one of their biggest rivals? Wow.

That really is incredible!

And Redknapp reckons a settled back four is something the club must aim for if they are to improve and move forward.

“I don’t doubt the players but I just feel in certain positions we’ve left ourselves a little bit short,” he said.

“I’ve changed the centre-halves through injury almost every week. I’ve hardly ever got the same pairing out.

“That is a problem – really you need to have a settled back four and we’ve had to change because of injuries in a key position. It has been a problem for us.”

Thats a dig at Levy, for not bidding for Cahill i suppose, if the rumours are true i suppose.

Harry is saying brick Harry always does. Still think people need to judge the season when it's done

At the start of the season would a FA Cup semi-final and 4th be considered success = absolutely

If we fail to get a CL position based on where we were, yes Harry is to blame, but all the people who are calling him incompetant, useless, whatever else, still need to realize we are still in a position to make CL again (can I remind you for only the 2nd time, an achievement no other manager in the PL era has achieved with Spurs), and possibly even our best ever PL finish.

At least have the decency to let the last 5 games happen and results be

And Redknapp reckons a settled back four is something the club must aim for if they are to improve and move forward.

“I don’t doubt the players but I just feel in certain positions we’ve left ourselves a little bit short,” he said.

“I’ve changed the centre-halves through injury almost every week. I’ve hardly ever got the same pairing out.

“That is a problem – really you need to have a settled back four and we’ve had to change because of injuries in a key position. It has been a problem for us.”

Thats a dig at Levy, for not bidding for Cahill i suppose, if the rumours are true i suppose.

Harry has made some colassal fudge ups this season, too many to name, but we have shot ourselves in the foot by barely spending anything in the last two seasons. Whether that's down to Levy or Redknapp, I don't know.

Harry has made some colassal fudge ups this season, too many to name, but we have shot ourselves in the foot by barely spending anything in the last two seasons. Whether that's down to Levy or Redknapp, I don't know.

Probably a bit of both, if Harry was not willing to commit to Spurs vs. England, would you have given him 20/30/40M to spend on a player the next manager may not want?

Can you imagine the c@nt, one trophy in over 40 years before I come in really inexcusable, triffic bunch of lads, in the first training session I watched them pass it and head it they have everything, when we play Gemany I will just tell them to run around a bit, he will be unbearable everytime you switch the telly on he will be there like a spitting image puppet.

Back