• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Lots of ifs there though. Aged 30, I'd say he's looking for more certainty in his next step.

Ultimately we're all guessing and making assumptions. I hope we know more by the end of the day/week.
100%
He just wants a CV that has silverware and he is clearly happy it being winning titles in Germany and possibly the CL

What the difference between there and Germany?
fans opinions

Just like yours on the last page saying what Kane does and doesn't want!

In my view, the Bundesliga is a lot stronger than Ligue 1 - more better teams meaning that Bayern need to be on their game more often than PSG do

Just like yours on the last page saying what Kane does and doesn't want!

In my view, the Bundesliga is a lot stronger than Ligue 1 - more better teams meaning that Bayern need to be on their game more often than PSG do
When he is retired, no one will say that and he won’t care
Going to Bayern is the easy option when it comes to winning medals. It’s guaranteed
Same as France
Same as if he went to city
And all 3 pay silly money too
The only difference at Bayern is that he won’t be playing for a country
He doesn’t care unless as he has medals around his neck that confirm him as the great he is

Shearer has 260. Kane is on 213. He needs 57.

Shearer is 283 on the real list. It goes:

1 Jimmy Greaves 357
2 Steve Bloomer 314
3 Dixie Dean 310
4 Gordon Hodgson 288
5 Alan Shearer 283
6 Charlie Buchan 258
7 David Jack 257
8 Nat Lofthouse 255
9 Joe Bradford 248
10 Hughie Gallacher 246
11 Joe Smith 243
12 George Brown 240
13 George Camsell 233
14 Ian Rush 232
15 David Herd 222
16 Harry Hampton 219
17 Billy Walker 214
17 Tony Cottee 214
19 Harry Kane 213

1 Jimmy Greaves 357
2 Steve Bloomer 314
3 Dixie Dean 310
4 Gordon Hodgson 288
5 Alan Shearer 283
6 Charlie Buchan 258
7 David Jack 257
8 Nat Lofthouse 255
9 Joe Bradford 248
10 Hughie Gallacher 246
11 Joe Smith 243
12 George Brown 240
13 George Camsell 233
14 Ian Rush 232
15 David Herd 222
16 Harry Hampton 219
17 Billy Walker 214
17 Tony Cottee 214
19 Harry Kane 213

Yes but we are talking the premier league record. So only pl goals count. If you are talking all time then kane has no chance of achieving it so the point is moot.

1 Jimmy Greaves 357
2 Steve Bloomer 314
3 Dixie Dean 310
4 Gordon Hodgson 288
5 Alan Shearer 283
6 Charlie Buchan 258
7 David Jack 257
8 Nat Lofthouse 255
9 Joe Bradford 248
10 Hughie Gallacher 246
11 Joe Smith 243
12 George Brown 240
13 George Camsell 233
14 Ian Rush 232
15 David Herd 222
16 Harry Hampton 219
17 Billy Walker 214
17 Tony Cottee 214
19 Harry Kane 213

Jesus, I knew Tony Cottee was a good player but didn't realise that he had more top flight goals than Harry. Shocked by that. I know he was around a long time but that's impressive.

Seemed to be a very, very good striker but the move to Everton and price tag overwhelmed him a bit. This is why the Premier League record means dingdong-all to me. Cottee's goal scoring exploits are comparable to Kane because they didn't play that far apart - Cottee just happens to have scored most of his goals in the First Division. And as good as Cottee was, he certainly wasn't anywhere near world class. In fact, he only played less than 10 games for England and never scored.

Yes but we are talking the premier league record. So only pl goals count. If you are talking all time then kane has no chance of achieving it so the point is moot.

Why would you only count the ones after Sky took over sponsoring the league? Ignoring that Shearer played for Southampton before Saudi Sportswashing Machine? It doesn't make any sense

Jesus, I knew Tony Cottee was a good player but didn't realise that he had more top flight goals than Harry. Shocked by that. I know he was around a long time but that's impressive.

Seemed to be a very, very good striker but the move to Everton and price tag overwhelmed him a bit. This is why the Premier League record means dingdong-all to me. Cottee's goal scoring exploits are comparable to Kane because they didn't play that far apart - Cottee just happens to have scored most of his goals in the First Division. And as good as Cottee was, he certainly wasn't anywhere near world class. In fact, he only played less than 10 games for England and never scored.

That surprised me too, because it was post-Howard Kendall, when that great mid-80s Everton team had started to wane. I guess he still must have had great service from the likes of Kevin Sheedy.

Why would you only count the ones after Sky took over sponsoring the league? Ignoring that Shearer played for Southampton before Saudi Sportswashing Machine? It doesn't make any sense

I wouldn't. Have said so numerous times. But the media does. It is the same with haaland. Dixie dean has the record of 60 league goals in a season. But he's hardly ever mentioned.

I wouldn't. Have said so numerous times. But the media does. It is the same with haaland. Dixie dean has the record of 60 league goals in a season. But he's hardly ever mentioned.

It's Sky isn't it, who have a vested interest in airbrushing all football before they owned it

Anyway someone asked the other day if there was a world class player that never won anything. Here you go. Maradona himself thought he was the greatest of all time.

Yea I noticed Cottee a year or so ago when these stats came up, his name seems to jump out from the page. I guess he was playing top flight for about 20 years though.

100%
He just wants a CV that has silverware and he is clearly happy it being winning titles in Germany and possibly the CL
And if that's truly the case then I am grateful that he's remained with us for as long as he has and is seemingly leaving in a way that gets us some recompense while also not joining a direct competitor in the same league when it would have been very easy to maximise his payout by running down his contract and leaving without us receiving a penny.

Back