• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I’ve no issue with people having a different opinion to me. It’s people thinking the Bundesliga is near worthless that I find arrogant.

The Bundesliga is one of the top 3-4 leagues in Europe.
It is
But it’s a one horse league
There has been so many quality players and teams in that league but 90% of them were Bayern colours
If you’re after sure things to win trophies the order would be

psg/Bayern
Ajax
Probably city
Celtic

Italy is competitive
Portugal is competitive
France isn’t
Germany isn’t
England isn’t
Spain isn’t really, but is kinda to Portugal in that one of 2/3 teams win things

Isn’t the argument that many a player has a league medal, very few the accolade of being a the PLs top scorer. Many seem to think the PL is the best league in the world n all that.
Kane's only 19th on the all time/irrespective of sponsorship list though. With 4 more decent seasons he might end up about 6th, but he wont likely catch Shearer (including his Soton spell) 5th place

If Shearer's record is so revered (is that the word?), Why does he never get a mention in any of those PL all time sides do you think? People always go on about Henry, Cantona, Suarez, Bergkamp, Salah and now Kane and Haaland etc. but no one ever includes him do they? It's weird. Do you think it's just because there are more fans from those clubs and media ex pro's from Arsenal, Liverpool, United etc.

Doesn't he? There are many that have him in. This from the bbc.

images.jpeg

Just google premier league best 11 and look at images. He'll be in a lot.

Edit - Save you the bother.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pre...ih=800&biw=1280&client=tablet-android-samsung

The record for me isn’t particularly impressive given Greaves is so far ahead of Shearer anyway albeit I know there’s an alternative viewpoint on that.

But as great as records are, medals are worth more IMO. It’s the equivalent of a course record in golf or fastest lap on F1. I’d rather have a few majors or Grand Prix wins than a bunch of them.

It’s debatable. A driver who has the greatest number of fastest laps in F1 would signify the best driver (taking out the car variable): the fastest person around a circuit. An accolade that would distinguish you as statistically the best driver.

There are many many average players with medals and league titles. But just a handful of the very elite who hold such records.

Last edited:
If Shearer's record is so revered (is that the word?), Why does he never get a mention in any of those PL all time sides do you think? People always go on about Henry, Cantona, Suarez, Bergkamp, Salah and now Kane and Haaland etc. but no one ever includes him do they? It's weird. Do you think it's just because there are more fans from those clubs and media ex pro's from Arsenal, Liverpool, United etc.
He frequents those lists constantly
Would be a macaron that doesn’t have him in… our a YouTuber

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a PL best XI without Shearer to be honest and quite rightly. Though Kane could have something to say about that when his career ends.

Lots of people breaking it down as breaking Shearer’s record vs winning the Bundesliga. Surely it’s far more than that? Kane wants to play with and against the best players in the world, he wants to play in the Champions League and have a shot at winning it.

If Bayern pay what Levy is asking, there isn’t a hope in hell that Kane turns them down.

Kane's only 19th on the all time/irrespective of sponsorship list though. With 4 more decent seasons he might end up about 6th, but he wont likely catch Shearer (including his Soton spell) 5th place

He'd catch Shearers overall record if he spent the rest of his career in the PL imv, it's only 23 more than the PL record.

bankers?
The rest are one off fees
Theatre agents I agree but they don’t try to move someone on mid contract
Yes they do…. All of them do what their client wishes, generally making their client richer.
Mid the agent is trying to move the player mid contract then it is because that is their client’s wish. Clubs also often try to move players on mid contract. In both cases the club or player can choose to honour the contract by refusing the transfer.

Remember that the richer the client gets the bigger the fee for the agent as well.

Last edited:
Imagine City were offering Kane £200k per week and all the trophies oil money can buy, and Spurs were offering £600k per week. Assuming the agent got a % cut of the salary, there isn't an agent on this planet that would recommend City, despite that being the better option.
It doesn’t matter what the agent ‘recommends’ the player makes the decision after being presented the facts around each potential deal.

Players move agencies reasonably often, typically moving to bigger agencies with more contacts more likely to be able to maximise their earning potential.

Last edited:
If Bayern pay what Levy is asking, there isn’t a hope in hell that Kane turns them down.

I dont think the debate was about him turning them down. I agree with what you say (that said, I think Levy would offer him a whopping 4 year contract and say its this new deal, or Bayern).

The debate was more which would give more satisfaction when he looks back on it afterwards - being the all time PL top scorer (plus whatever the % chance of success at Spurs I guess) compared to almost guaranteed 2/3/4 Bundesliga titles plus shot at the CL

I dont think the debate was about him turning them down. I agree with what you say (that said, I think Levy would offer him a whopping 4 year contract and say its this new deal, or Bayern).

The debate was more which would give more satisfaction when he looks back on it afterwards - being the all time PL top scorer (plus whatever the % chance of success at Spurs I guess) compared to almost guaranteed 2/3/4 Bundesliga titles plus shot at the CL

Sure -- but him not turning Bayern down* is surely proof that competing in the Champions League and picking up some German medals is what will give him more satisfaction?

*assuming he doesn't of course.

Sure -- but him not turning Bayern down* is surely proof that competing in the Champions League and picking up some German medals is what will give him more satisfaction?

I think it tells you what he thinks will give him more satisfaction. Whether he'd look back after and wish he'd stayed in the PL (whether at Spurs or somewhere else next summer) might be different. Impossible to know/tell

Not that I necessarily want it but he could go to City next summer if Haaland goes to Real, earn £300k per week and tear it up there for 3-4 years, probably win a couple PL titles, have a better shot at the CL, certainly beat Shearer....

I think it tells you what he thinks will give him more satisfaction. Whether he'd look back after and wish he'd stayed in the PL (whether at Spurs or somewhere else next summer) might be different. Impossible to know/tell

Not that I necessarily want it but he could go to City next summer if Haaland goes to Real, earn £300k per week and tear it up there for 3-4 years, probably win a couple PL titles, have a better shot at the CL, certainly beat Shearer....

Lots of ifs there though. Aged 30, I'd say he's looking for more certainty in his next step.

Ultimately we're all guessing and making assumptions. I hope we know more by the end of the day/week.

Don’t think he cares about being in the CL
All he cares about is winning some medals
3 clubs guarantee you that
Bayern
PSG
And city
All three would take him

Lots of ifs there though. Aged 30, I'd say he's looking for more certainty in his next step.

Ultimately we're all guessing and making assumptions. I hope we know more by the end of the day/week.

Yes, I agree. Lots of ifs. If I was him, I'd probably stay at move next summer and most likely to the PL. Hopefully we'll know where his head is very soon

Back