• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Every player with any ambition should be open to a move
But.. every player should also respect the contract they have and the wages they are paid
Kane has done that on and off the pitch
The weird thing with football is it’s an environment that encourages leaches… sorry agents
People whose sole purpose is to sell on other people. It’s legitimised slave trading basically
Of course, and as I said so many times, I respect Kane as a professional and it is up to him and his agents to sign a new deal or look for a new club. I honestly am surprised Madrid haven't wanted to go in for him although I really have no idea what's going on with Mbappe behind the scenes. I would imagine even at 30, Kane would be an excellent choice for them due to the complications of Mbappe's transfer. I guess what I'm trying to say is that for the quality Kane has, I'm surprised more clubs aren't putting in serious offers for him with a massive bidding war to pry him away.

I like to think of footballing contracts more as indentured servitude, but at the end of the day, it's the players who sign the contracts. I do think agree with out in that I think agents are scummy and all that, but despite my dislike for them, I feel like they do serve some kind of purpose on average. I also do think that there should be caps to what kinds of bonuses they can get and things like that as it's all out of hand when it comes to the big marquee transfers.

Reactions: DTA
Their role is sell people
What other industry actively has that?
And I know your dad was/is and agent
Their role is to represent their client and get them the best contracts possible.
What other industry? Most industries (recruitment consultants, theatrical agents, real estate agents, investment bankers, etc)

Their role is to represent their client and get them the best contracts possible.
What other industry? Most industries (recruitment consultants, theatrical agents, real estate agents, investment bankers, etc)

bankers?
The rest are one off fees
Theatre agents I agree but they don’t try to move someone on mid contract

Think people underestimate what winning the Bundesliga might mean to Kane, it might be easy to win such a league but it isn't at all easy to build a career successful enough that you are in the position to take such a mantle and spearhead the attack of one of the top five most successful teams in Europe. It's a bit like when Chelsea or City win the league, for the players it doesn't feel like a cheat probably, just for everyone else.

I’m amazed by the number of my mates who think “Shearer’s record is worth more than a Bundesliga.”

Not in my book. Records are there to be broken and, as I said last week here - as far as I’m concerned Shearers record isn’t worth much as records go given it’s just since 1992. Anyway, medals can’t be taken away.

Secondly, the Bundesliga isn’t that much more of a foregone conclusion than the Premier League at the moment. In fact, last season it was a closer contest.

The arrogance from some people is shocking.

A majority of agents serve their client’s best interests (for their client to make as much money from their career as possible).

Slave trading?…. What on earth?!?
Imagine City were offering Kane £200k per week and all the trophies oil money can buy, and Spurs were offering £600k per week. Assuming the agent got a % cut of the salary, there isn't an agent on this planet that would recommend City, despite that being the better option.

I read Bayern are offering a deal where there is a buy back option in 2 or 3 years time

Kane might like that as he could win a few medals and then come back and get Shearer's record

I'd imagine Levy might like that too as would help prevent Kane going to one of our rivals

Obviously impossible to know where we, as a club, might be in 3 years time

Kane might like that as he could win a few medals and then come back and get Shearer's record

I'd imagine Levy might like that too as would help prevent Kane going to one of our rivals

Obviously impossible to know where we, as a club, might be in 3 years time

Is it?
Going round in circles is my guess :)

I’m amazed by the number of my mates who think “Shearer’s record is worth more than a Bundesliga.”

Not in my book. Records are there to be broken and, as I said last week here - as far as I’m concerned Shearers record isn’t worth much as records go given it’s just since 1992. Anyway, medals can’t be taken away.

Secondly, the Bundesliga isn’t that much more of a foregone conclusion than the Premier League at the moment. In fact, last season it was a closer contest.

Shearers record has earned shearer £. It's why many call him the best pl striker and partly why he gets so many media jobs.

It's not a meaningful record though. Greaves has the record.

Isn’t the argument that many a player has a league medal, very few the accolade of being a leagues top ever scorer. Many seem to think the PL is the best league in the world n all that.

Last edited:

I dont think its particularly appropriate to call people arrogant or insult them just because they have a different view to you. Not a great approach.

[Arrogant is the wrong insult to use if you're going to insult someone for the above too]

If Shearer's record is so revered (is that the word?), Why does he never get a mention in any of those PL all time sides do you think? People always go on about Henry, Cantona, Suarez, Bergkamp, Salah and now Kane and Haaland etc. but no one ever includes him do they? It's weird. Do you think it's just because there are more fans from those clubs and media ex pro's from Arsenal, Liverpool, United etc.

I dont think its particularly appropriate to call people arrogant or insult them just because they have a different view to you. Not a great approach.

[Arrogant is the wrong insult to use if you're going to insult someone for the above too]

I’ve no issue with people having a different opinion to me. It’s people thinking the Bundesliga is near worthless that I find arrogant.

The Bundesliga is one of the top 3-4 leagues in Europe.

If Shearer's record is so revered (is that the word?), Why does he never get a mention in any of those PL all time sides do you think? People always go on about Henry, Cantona, Suarez, Bergkamp, Salah and now Kane and Haaland etc. but no one ever includes him do they? It's weird. Do you think it's just because there are more fans from those clubs and media ex pro's from Arsenal, Liverpool, United etc.

I think the record and him not being in those sort of teams are somewhat separate.

Shearer was great at what he did, but compared to those sort of names which you mention, he was a very one-dimensional player. The sort of players which you mention, plus Kane, were more exciting to watch and had a much broader skillset

Isn’t the argument that many a player has a league medal, very few the accolade of being a the PLs top scorer. Many seem to think the PL is the best league in the world n all that.

The record for me isn’t particularly impressive given Greaves is so far ahead of Shearer anyway albeit I know there’s an alternative viewpoint on that.

But as great as records are, medals are worth more IMO. It’s the equivalent of a course record in golf or fastest lap on F1. I’d rather have a few majors or Grand Prix wins than a bunch of them.

The record for me isn’t particularly impressive given Greaves is so far ahead of Shearer anyway albeit I know there’s an alternative viewpoint on that.

But as great as records are, medals are worth more IMO. It’s the equivalent of a course record in golf or fastest lap on F1. I’d rather have a few majors or Grand Prix wins than a bunch of them.

I agree with that

The only thing i would have said specifically to Kane that I honestly believe with the club record he would have stayed a one club man if we just turned even two of the finals into wins. The Bayern move feels abit like the most gentle and inoffensive way of ticking a box if that makes sense.

I’ve no issue with people having a different opinion to me. It’s people thinking the Bundesliga is near worthless that I find arrogant.

The Bundesliga is one of the top 3-4 leagues in Europe.
Maybe it is. But joining Bayern is the closest thing there is to a guaranteed league medal in Europe.

Back