• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Hey I don’t disagree
But signing Kane isn’t IMO going to make Bayern winners
The best teams in the CL need competitive football at a league level and they don’t have that in Germany
They could get a lucky run
Their form before they sacked Nagellsmann in the CL was outstanding
But then we could have made the final last year with a better motivated coach as the draw we had was crazily kind

he would make them a lot better, they could focus more on the CL knock out stages as well as he'd win them the Bundesliga before Christmas, he could easily hit triple figures in a season in that dominant a team

I want him to stay, our top player and elevates us. Guarantees a minimum 20 goals which is extremely hard to replace unless you're a freak like Haaland. If he really wants to go to Bayern this summer then fair enough he's been a great player for us, get £80-£100m for him and reinvest in the first team. I live in hope he finally wins something with us and commits for another 4 years. We won't win the league anytime soon but think he'd be happy with a cup or two and breaking Shearers' goalscoring record.
I really think the fans need to realize that he's not signing another deal. This is some fairy tale dream. We don't really have any idea what's going on behind the scenes, i.e., Harry's relationship or views on Levy. Maybe he was unpleased with how things were handled last summer and won't sign a new contract no matter what.
I'm not stating this categorically as there's some astronomical chance he will sign but let's be honest, it's so unlikely.

The truth is, many posters here were incredulous when I said that Kane wants to go and that we should start thinking about life without him (while also being thankful for the time we've had with him at the club).

I really think the fans need to realize that he's not signing another deal. This is some fairy tale dream. We don't really have any idea what's going on behind the scenes, i.e., Harry's relationship or views on Levy. Maybe he was unpleased with how things were handled last summer and won't sign a new contract no matter what.
I'm not stating this categorically as there's some astronomical chance he will sign but let's be honest, it's so unlikely.

The truth is, many posters here were incredulous when I said that Kane wants to go and that we should start thinking about life without him (while also being thankful for the time we've had with him at the club).
Stop making crap up, nobody was incredulous with you saying that Kane wants to go. Everybody knows he wants to go somewhere he can win trophies, especially after not getting his move to City. What posters had an issue with were you making out he was desperate to go and wouldn't be the same if he stayed. He's keeping his head down and won't sign a new contract because he knows if he stays another year he will have his pick of clubs next year.

And how what was handled last summer?

he would make them a lot better, they could focus more on the CL knock out stages as well as he'd win them the Bundesliga before Christmas, he could easily hit triple figures in a season in that dominant a team
He would improve any team
But Bayern scored 90 plus goals last season
Does Kane make them better defensively I’m the big games?

Stop making crap up, nobody was incredulous with you saying that Kane wants to go. Everybody knows he wants to go somewhere he can win trophies, especially after not getting his move to City. What posters had an issue with were you making out he was desperate to go and wouldn't be the same if he stayed. He's keeping his head down and won't sign a new contract because he knows if he stays another year he will have his pick of clubs next year.

And how what was handled last summer?

To be fair some people are still asking "Why would he want to go to Bayern Munich" which seems to be a question completely oblivious to the fact that they are in a different echelon of clubs + making out that winning stuff with them isn't important / won't count etc

There's absolutely nothing wrong with hoping he stays this season and also signs a new deal, but to think he will do because of an affinity with the club and belief in the new direction we've taken comes off as a tad deluded imo, it's all opinions but what papaspur is saying seems likely, however could come off as antagonistic to some.

It does seem that with Mane in talks for a Saudi move, the wheels will be set in motion, I'm frankly impatient for this to set sorted so we can get the funds in to make us a more balanced team as we're currently sleep walking in to a season with one injury away from a Davies / Dier CB partnership - I've no idea how anyone could think that would go well.

He would improve any team
But Bayern scored 90 plus goals last season
Does Kane make them better defensively I’m the big games?

While Bayern have won the last 11 league titles in a row, last season they struggled to win it on goal difference, and that was only because Dortmund bottled it when they failed to win at home on the last of the season.

With Kane, Bayern will walk the league and have a chance to challenge for the CL.

To be fair some people are still asking "Why would he want to go to Bayern Munich" which seems to be a question completely oblivious to the fact that they are in a different echelon of clubs + making out that winning stuff with them isn't important / won't count etc

There's absolutely nothing wrong with hoping he stays this season and also signs a new deal, but to think he will do because of an affinity with the club and belief in the new direction we've taken comes off as a tad deluded imo, it's all opinions but what papaspur is saying seems likely, however could come off as antagonistic to some.

It does seem that with Mane in talks for a Saudi move, the wheels will be set in motion, I'm frankly impatient for this to set sorted so we can get the funds in to make us a more balanced team as we're currently sleep walking in to a season with one injury away from a Davies / Dier CB partnership - I've no idea how anyone could think that would go well.
Those that are asking that are the small few that seem to think anything outside the PL isn't worth much.

I think everyone hopes he stays and signs a new contract but realise that is unlikely. What Papaspur said about him wanting a move wasn't antagonistic, him making out that Kane is desperate for the move and would sulk for the next year was what set most off.

As for CB, we really should have one CB signed or close to being signed at this stage, with or without Kanes move.

Those that are asking that are the small few that seem to think anything outside the PL isn't worth much.

I think everyone hopes he stays and signs a new contract but realise that is unlikely. What Papaspur said about him wanting a move wasn't antagonistic, him making out that Kane is desperate for the move and would sulk for the next year was what set most off.

As for CB, we really should have one CB signed or close to being signed at this stage, with or without Kanes move.
Indeed. I’d say that Bayern are the second best team in Europe behind Emirates Marketing Project.

I think it is pretty clear that we’ve now spent our transfer funds for the summer and have none left for a centre back (unless they are VERY cheap). A new centre back (or perhaps even 2) will be purchased if and when Kane is sold.

Indeed. I’d say that Bayern are the second best team in Europe behind Emirates Marketing Project.

I think it is pretty clear that we’ve now spent our transfer funds for the summer and have none left for a centre back (unless they are VERY cheap). A new centre back (or perhaps even 2) will be purchased if and when Kane is sold.
I reckon we were hoping to have Sanchez and one or two others gone by now. That would've covered signing one CB.

I reckon we were hoping to have Sanchez and one or two others gone by now. That would've covered signing one CB.
‘Hoping’ is the problem here. In two weeks’ time we’ll be starting our season with either Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga or Davies partnering Romero in a two CB system playing a high line.

Last edited:
Indeed…. but the club made bad decision after bad decision in the 18 months or so leading up to that and again in the years since and now where we are where we are (which is a long, LONG way of repeating that)
Bayern made bad decisions last year
Cost them the CL and should have cost the title of Dortmund hadn’t bottled it

Really?
Last season Napoli we’re better than Bayern IMO and arsenal were too
It’s hard to look at any team in a league that’s uncompetitive and make a judgement without the measure of the CL. They blew it sacking Nagelsmann who had them winning every game in the CL

They've also got the instability of the manager situation, particularly the fact that they still employ Nagglesmann and could switch back to him if Tuchel keeps struggling

They've also got the instability of the manager situation, particularly the fact that they still employ Nagglesmann and could switch back to him if Tuchel keeps struggling
Which is daft as a suggestion
That’s never happening
They don’t have the stability behind the scenes that people think they have
They da Jed their two football leaders and manager in the last 3 months of the season

Yes, they made a bad decision and that certainly cost them a decent shot at the CL. They haven’t made years of them however. Even without Kane they are probably third favourites for the CL next year, with him they give themselves a real chance.

Really?
Last season Napoli we’re better than Bayern IMO and arsenal were too
It’s hard to look at any team in a league that’s uncompetitive and make a judgement without the measure of the CL. They blew it sacking Nagelsmann who had them winning every game in the CL
I think you’re clutching there mate. Bayern have a fantastic team.

‘Hoping’ is the problem here. In two weeks’ time we’ll be starting our season with either Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga or Davies partnering Romero in a two CB system playing a high line.
Yeah, but there'll most be likely the usual flurry of moves in the last couple of weeks of the window with at least PEH and Sanchez going. That will pay for one CB.

Back