• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Playing Suffolk Golf club in Bury St Edmunds on Tuesday... I'm very new to the sport, only started playing a couple times last year. Got myself a beginners Voit golf club set for 75 notes and started goin with me ol' man.

Not been to many golf courses but the ones i have are Northweild Golf Club and Meridian in Cambridge.

Im playing a club match at Broke Hill in Sevenoaks tomorrow, anyone played there? any good?

On another note, just got some ProV1 practice balls at ?ú40 for 2 dozen - just as good as the retail ones but have 'cosmetic blemishes' and PRACTICE stamped on the side. Result as i can now just use the full priced pro v1's for competition play.

Anybody brave enough to have put their swings up on here for us to analyse / laugh at ;-)

Im off down the range in a minute will get me pal to video mine..

Im playing a club match at Broke Hill in Sevenoaks tomorrow, anyone played there? any good?

On another note, just got some ProV1 practice balls at ?ú40 for 2 dozen - just as good as the retail ones but have 'cosmetic blemishes' and PRACTICE stamped on the side. Result as i can now just use the full priced pro v1's for competition play.

I live next door to a golf course, and have over 7000 balls.

I sell a mixed bag of 100 for ?ú25. Somebody asked for 100 Pro V1's a couple of months ago and I done them for ?ú50. I know that's cheap but i'd rather the ?ú50 than the 100 balls sitting there doing nothing. Most of the balls look brand new, and I use them myself. It's nice not having the worry of the price of a ball when I lose one knoeing I never paid for it in the first place!

Just seen the scores. That Morrison has had a pretty impressive collapse today.

Was always going to happen...

Im on Donald at 8/1 and Rose at 22/1, looking like a potential payout on both with hopefully one winning, Donald has played very poorly in the last 45 mins

Average score at Wentworth today is 76, Rose, Donald and Poulter all shot 69s with some great playing..

-11 Donald
-9 Rose
-8 Lawrie

Didnt take any pics as I left my phone in the car. Hers a funny golf video instead.

[video=youtube;qUj_qqVxVrE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUj_qqVxVrE[/video]

Laughable odds for the Memorial and the US Open

Donald 10/1 and 14/1

Woods 12/1 and 12/1

WTF, seriously big odds on Luke...

Memorial tournament has started today, greens are 14 on the stimp meter, thats ridiculously fast...

-3 best score so far, unreal

Teenage prodigy Andy Zhang will become the youngest player at the US Open since the Second World War after Paul Casey was forced to withdraw.

China-born, Florida-based 14-year-old Zhang narrowly missed out on qualifying for the major in a play-off.

However he gets his chance as Casey misses out through injury.

Having hoped he was over the shoulder dislocation he suffered snowboarding on Christmas Eve, England's former world No.3 is not yet fit for the rigours of a major.

"You're always disappointed to miss time due to injury, but it's especially true when you have to withdraw from the US Open," said Casey.

"It's affecting my ability right now to be ready for the test of a major. I do feel like I'm very nearly ready, but not quite ready for this week."
Missed

There is a chance of him playing at the BMW International Open in Cologne next week.

But the 34-year-old then had to withdraw after nine holes of the Players Championship in Florida, pulled out of the Volvo World Match Play in Spain and shot rounds of 78 and 76 to miss yet another cut in the BMW PGA Championship three weeks ago.

That remains his last competitive action. He is down to 58th in the world rankings and likely to fall even further this week, while the odds on him returning to the Ryder Cup team - he was not picked by Colin Montgomerie two years ago despite being world No.9 at the time - are getting longer all the time.

Zhang was joined in the main draw by fellow amateur Jordan Spieth, a member of last year's American Walker Cup side in Aberdeen. The Texan takes the place of compatriot Brandt Snedeker, out because of a rib injury

Back