• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

In early 2011, he received a 12-month referral order and was ordered to pay £1,445 in costs and compensation after admitting two counts of witness intimidation.[54][55] After an assault charge was dropped when Morrison's girlfriend refused to testify, he was convicted of criminal damage for throwing her mobile phone out of a window and advised to undergo domestic violence counselling.[56] In February 2012, Morrison was involved in controversy after posting a homophobicthreat on Twitter.[57] He was charged under FA rule E3, which governs use of abusive and/or insulting words including reference to a person's sexual orientation, and accepted his guilt.[58] He was fined £7,000.[59]

Morrison was remanded in custody on 31 July 2014 after being charged with two counts ofcommon assault against a former girlfriend and her mother.[60] He was freed on bail after three days in custody.[61] In August 2014 he appeared at Manchester Crown Court entering not-guilty pleas to two counts of assault, one of assault causing actual bodily harm and one count of harassment. A provisional trial date was set for 26 January 2015.[62] In November 2014 he was found not guilty of the harassment charge of threatening to throw acid in the face of his ex-girlfriend and have her killed after the Crown Prosecution Servicewithdrew the charge.[63] On 15 January 2015, Morrison was cleared of all charges of assaulting his ex-girlfriend and her mother.[64]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravel_Morrison

So nothing has been proven apart from brain fart on Twitter and witness intimidation when he was a kid.

Considering people's liberal stance I am surprised you 'all' wouldn't have given him benefit of the doubt, or maybe that only happens when it suits.. See Adebayor thread. Personally for me, I am willing to give anyone a chance, but soon as they fcuk over my team or me as a fan they can jog on. What I see is a troubled youngster yet to become a man.

So nothing has been proven apart from brain fart on Twitter and witness intimidation when he was a kid.

Considering people's liberal stance I am surprised you 'all' wouldn't have given him benefit of the doubt, or maybe that only happens when it suits.. See Adebayor thread. Personally for me, I am willing to give anyone a chance, but soon as they fcuk over my team or me as a fan they can jog on. What I see is a troubled youngster yet to become a man.

Very likely true, so it comes down the risk management. and the risk of his attitude upsetting the team spirit will have more impact that his potential benefit to our results.

Will he ever become a mature man? Will it takes another 6 months or 6 years? Its a big risk and not one we NEED to take.
A lower table club, a Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Sunderland, Watford, should take a punt on him though

I think it's telling that several clubs/managers have tried but ultimately given up on him. Fat Sam was touting him up as a future superstar at the start of last season, but it soon turned sour. Even Fergie couldn't keep him straight. And now he's homesick after less than a year in Italy.

Me personally, I just don't think he's mentally up to beeing a professional fotballer.

I think it's telling that several clubs/managers have tried but ultimately given up on him. Fat Sam was touting him up as a future superstar at the start of last season, but it soon turned sour. Even Fergie couldn't keep him straight. And now he's homesick after less than a year in Italy.

Me personally, I just don't think he's mentally up to beeing a professional fotballer.

A year? Try 3 months.

Just noticed the rumours this week about Chelski being in for Falcoa; I wonder if this is actually quite realistic: Mourinho has a lot of dealings with Falcao's agent Jorge Mendes and I believe Chelski had the least number of long-term injuries last season.

I know the Dutch fitness expert (can't remember his name) said that a lot of PL managers (including LVG) don't train/condition their players properly and Chelski/Mourinho is one of the few that do. Could it be Chelski think they can rotate two forwards who have injuries that need to be managed carefully?

Or is Falcao's agent just using his mate Jose to drum up interest elsewhere (though wouldn't they use a club at our level for that; afterall, how many teams can outbid Chelski?)

Interesting how this goes...

I'd take Falcao loan over Benteke

Why? he's a more expensive version of Soldado, and his first season in the PL with midfield that included Carrick, di Maria & Mata was worse than Bobby's. Not to mention a 1 year loan would probably be more than half the price of Benteke ..

Cannot see anyone paying those wages now, if he wants another shot at the Premier League, a year removed from his injury then realistically we are one of the only teams that can do a deal. I'd give them Adebayor for the pleasure.

Didn't BFS give up on him because he wouldn't cut a deal with Sam's agent friend rather than anything on the pitch or training?

Or am I thinking of someone else at Spamland?

maybe, I was thinking more of those two as managers who have fixed a lot of troubled souls in the past

Cannot see anyone paying those wages now, if he wants another shot at the Premier League, a year removed from his injury then realistically we are one of the only teams that can do a deal. I'd give them Adebayor for the pleasure.

We are not going to pay someone over £100k a week any time soon and we would not pay that much to Falcao after the season he has had. There is no way that he would be prepared to drop £200k a week in wages to join us.

Falcao is off to cheatski according to most reports.........they might have a problem with Costa though, i read that he wants to return to Spain

So how much is the Falcao fee? Monaco wanted upwards of 40m last summer but after his loan spell at United it has to be 25m at the most surely? plus is 250k a week wages.

Back