• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

is he much of a defensive CM? geordies on another board seem to talk him up as a more attack/creative minded CM

http://tinyurl.com/o57nkkr

comparing him in the above link to Bentaleb and Schneiderlin would certainly paint that picture

is he much of a defensive CM? geordies on another board seem to talk him up as a more attack/creative minded CM

comparing him in the above link to Bentaleb and Schneiderlin would certainly paint that picture

I don't think that Poch particularly wants a defensively minded midfielder. I think that what he is looking for is two players who are comfortable on the ball, can recycle play quickly and can close down angles.

The pair of them would be idiots to go irrespective of the wages offerred.

Roberts especially: the lad never played at Fulham, being benched continuously because they were struggling against relegation and couldn't afford to give him time. If he now decides to go to City, forget the bench, he'll be stuck in the U-21s or sent out on loan and then either released or sold, as several City youth products before him (Guidetti being the most prominent example) have discovered to their detriment.

Yea I agree, I think Richards is a useful player If you can somehow get him to think, big "if" I know!

Sherwood may be good for him, I always thought he was a redknapp player and Tim is of that ilk.

meh he only played a part in 10 games for Fiorentina last season - speculative punt

Well, that sounds nothing like a Redknapp player.

whistle1.jpg

In a battle of 'Who's the biggest macaron', Liverpool have turned down £40 million for Sterling. He will never be worth that much, but the City owners have no financial sense and will probably come back with a higher offer.

In a battle of 'Who's the biggest macaron', Liverpool have turned down £40 million for Sterling. He will never be worth that much, but the City owners have no financial sense and will probably come back with a higher offer.

City desperately need some homegrown players to add to their squad so it looks like they are trying to get a couple they think they can actually use in a few games. Unlike, say, Scott Sinclair or Richard Wright.

iirc he played a more defensive role for Lille during his early years there, a kind of deep lying midfielder, Modric style.

I agree, he is still only 26 and looks like he has overcome his injury problems. He can play several different positions and on a free he would have been a good signing.

I remember Richards talking on the radio a few months ago about how he'd gone to Italy because, having lost his physical advantage (pace), he was struggling in EPL and was finding he wasn't half as good a defender as he thought he was.

He also talked about his positional problem - too short to be a CB and not agile enough to be a FB - and how that has never been resolved (though his preference is for FB).

It was a refreshingly frank interview, but it sounded like he was resigned to not being up to the EPL anymore (he said watching how good Zabaletta was had been the final straw)

I remember Richards talking on the radio a few months ago about how he'd gone to Italy because, having lost his physical advantage (pace), he was struggling in EPL and was finding he wasn't half as good a defender as he thought he was.

He also talked about his positional problem - too short to be a CB and not agile enough to be a FB - and how that has never been resolved (though his preference is for FB).

It was a refreshingly frank interview, but it sounded like he was resigned to not being up to the EPL anymore (he said watching how good Zabaletta was had been the final straw)

ive never really rated him, but fair play for his honesty there

I think I would much prefer £20m being spent on Schneiderlin (prem proven) as opposed to Konogbia, Imbula etc.

Then again, Cabaye for half of that....

He lost a lot of pace because of a series of injurys and not being able to train or play, IF he can get that back then he will become a good player again.

Back