• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Do you mean his brother Brian Laudrup? He was a fast, direct winger.
Michael on the other hand was a rather slow playmaker, one of the best players I have ever seen.
Well positionally Werner probably plays closer to Brian's position but I was more thinking about his dribbling style and gait rather than his position on the pitch. Actually the two Laudrups did look a bit like each when running anyway.

The Michael Laudrup I remember wasn't that slow either but maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. I have (time blurred) visions of Laudrup dancing through the tackles. I must search out a few youtube of him.

Well, bid again. Bid more. Throw in Kaboul, if they're amenable to such a thing.

Between him and Anthony Martial...well, I like 'em both, but I'd actually prefer Werner. Same blistering pace, perhaps Martial's a bit more physical than Werner, but I do feel that Werner's got that intelligence, that tactical awareness that puts him above a talented but somewhat undisciplined player like Martial.
Why take a chance? Get them both ;)

Why take a chance? Get them both ;)

latin-america-pokes-fun-at-daniel-levy.jpg

:p

Well positionally Werner probably plays closer to Brian's position but I was more thinking about his dribbling style and gait rather than his position on the pitch. Actually the two Laudrups did look a bit like each when running anyway.

The Michael Laudrup I remember wasn't that slow either but maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. I have (time blurred) visions of Laudrup dancing through the tackles. I must search out a few youtube of him.

The Laudrup turn

Would be nice to be linked with some more decent lower league youngsters. There was a rumour about Will Hughes recently but not much else

Marca reckon De Gea is only going for 18m apparently - can't see them going for Lloris as a replacement in that case - Cech most likely imv

Marca reckon De Gea is only going for 18m apparently - can't see them going for Lloris as a replacement in that case - Cech most likely imv

Utd can afford to spend more on Lloris, money is no object over there

i read that Cech wants to stay in London for family reasons, kids at school and all that

Utd can afford to spend more on Lloris, money is no object over there

i read that Cech wants to stay in London for family reasons, kids at school and all that

yeah but im not sure they'd want to replace DeGea with a more expensive GK, especially one not seen as a better player. signing Cech for a season or two would be a good gap filler, if Cech would be willing to (same is said about Lloris and London iirc)

I sort of hope Cech goes abroad somewhere. Plenty of CL clubs around and an opportunity to try somewhere new.
There's something about players that have a great career at one club (say 10 years or so) then have a year here and a year there at rival clubs afterwards.

they may not want to replace DeGea with a more expensive keeper but maybe thats what they will be forced to do. DeGea for 18 mill is because he has 1 year left on his deal, so actually that is a massive sum if you think about it.

i think we could if a) Arsanal decide to stick with what they have and b) if Chelski are prepared to do business with us

2 big ifs though :)

I think a) may become a null point, regardless of this tosh about Cech's loyalty, I can't see Mourinho strengthening Arsenal. He refused to sell them Ba after they signed Ozil for fear they might challenge for the title. Possibly makes b) even more likely as we have no prospect of challenging Chelsea and we all know Mourinho loves to wind up Wenger.

Cech would be a mistake, his best days are long gone and he has spent the better part of a decade being protected by one of the best defenses (and defensive midfields) in Europe.

On the back end of his career to be exposed to the "duck in a barrel" that is Spurs defense is likely to not end well.

Cech would be a mistake, his best days are long gone and he has spent the better part of a decade being protected by one of the best defenses (and defensive midfields) in Europe.

On the back end of his career to be exposed to the "duck in a barrel" that is Spurs defense is likely to not end well.
Are you serious? Cech is still a VERY, VERY good GK!

Back