• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

I think you're deluding yourself. If there are any takers, Dembele will be gone. IMO he's only in the squad because we have no other options. He's probably a decent guy, shows up for training every day and all, but he just doesn't fit how we are trying to play (based on our best performances), high tempo, win back the ball quickly.
Not surprisingly I don't agree at all with your observation and I point to some of our finest performances this season where Dembele forms part of the front three.

I think you're deluding yourself. If there are any takers, Dembele will be gone. IMO he's only in the squad because we have no other options. He's probably a decent guy, shows up for training every day and all, but he just doesn't fit how we are trying to play (based on our best performances), high tempo, win back the ball quickly.

You mean when we beat Chelsea and Arsenal????

He may not fancy him overly but Poch has overlooked him incorrectly when some games were crying out for Dembele's particular skills, especially of late IMO. Contrary to your point I also think you could argue that we have played our best when he's been on the pitch this season. He can play a high tempo, case in point being the last match vs Hull, and is great at winning the ball back. He might not release it quickly every time, but recently our 'quick passers' have basically meant quick turnovers of possession. I think he should be starting more regularly but Poch obviously has different ideas.

Last edited:
He may not fancy him overly but Poch has overlooked him incorrectly when some games were crying out for Dembele's particular skills, especially of late IMO. Contrary to your point I also think you could argue that we have played our best when he's been on the pitch this season. He can play a high tempo, case in point being the last match vs Hull, and is great at winning the ball back. He might not release it quickly every time, but recently our 'quick passers' have basically meant quick turnovers of possession. I think he should be starting more regularly but Poch obviously has different ideas.

He played against Chelsea arsenal and west brim and was massive on the success in those games

Woefully underused of late

Which suggests to me he's not in any long term plans.
Not sure how you have come to that conclusion other than you are seeing what you want to see, especially as there are other players who have either not had any game time or not even made the squads.

Not sure how you have come to that conclusion other than you are seeing what you want to see, especially as there are other players who have either not had any game time or not even made the squads.

Maybe because they are all on their way out, Dembele has simply done enough to be the best of the "bad" bunch.

I used to like him, but this season has completely changed my mind. I don't see any future for him here. Some of the games that are heralded as good performances from him (Liverpool for instance), all he did was slow us down.

I think it's perhaps the Dembele fans that are seeing what they want to see if they think he should be in the starting XI or that he'll be here next season.

Which suggests to me he's not in any long term plans.

Yeah I agree with that but I think this season with him playing in the last 7/8 games we could have been looking at a lot more points (could being the key word)

Why we haven't used him against sides where we need the ball further up the pitch I don't know and whilst I agree he will be gone more than likely to not use him for our overall gain recently is plain stupid

I could see him going to United to play carricks position. Very different style but a player who keeps the ball

Tbh most people here who want Dembele to play are of the opinion that he is better than Mason! If Dembele isnt good enough then IMO none of our midfielders are either except Bentaleb.

What also makes me laugh is some people's constant lambasting of Lamela. He's the only player in that team who seems to want the ball. He also tries something different and it doesn't always work! Yet as usual Spurs fans have found their favourite player to criticise!

Yeah I agree with that but I think this season with him playing in the last 7/8 games we could have been looking at a lot more points (could being the key word)

Why we haven't used him against sides where we need the ball further up the pitch I don't know and whilst I agree he will be gone more than likely to not use him for our overall gain recently is plain stupid

I could see him going to United to play carricks position. Very different style but a player who keeps the ball

Huh? A player who hogs the ball and mostly CANNOT see an incisive pass, especially the quick ones Carrick often does??o_O

Notsureifserious....

Window doesn't even open for another 3 weeks yet (9 June)

Then nothing happens for a month while everyone is on holiday

People need clicks on their websites though

Agents and players will then want to wait until closer to the deadline to see who buys who and wait for the best clubs to come calling before making any rash decisions. It's always amazing how people think deals could be done early this year and then every year they get disappointed. If you are an established player, there's no reason to rush into signing for the first club that shows interest. I think the only deals that get done early are for the younger players, like the Brazilian kid Chelsea have signed.

In that case good call. He is really suited to PL football (although seriously needs to cut out the play acting). How does this other guy compare to Mane in terms of his attributes?
Similar. I'd say he is more of a goal threat though. He's lightening fast and could've considered a career as a professional sprinter. When he arrived he was just pace and nothing else. He's developed into a player with outstanding ball control, particularly in tight situations. I know its only Austria, but he has that Robben like ability to weave past 3-4 players in a tiny area, and often does it in the penalty area and it leads to goals and assissts.

He just never stops going. He makes good decisions and gets his head up to pass, but full backs hate him because he is relentless. He either constantly takes his man on, or is always on the move in between full back and centre back, and because he is so fast its impossible to catch him if he gets away.

In terms of attitude he's completely different to Mane. He's a level headed Austrian kid who is grateful to have this career. Quiet, dedicated, no flashy hair cuts, no flashy cars etc. Rapid often encourage kids to live at home as long as possible, and parents are very involved in the kids development. On the plane home from Genk after an EL match I was chatting to a young player, who had turned 20 and still lived with his parents in a small village outside Vienna and didn't have a girfriend!

The whole Rapid team is packed full of kids and the club has become excellent at managing them. Marcel Sabitzer (who went to Salzburg via Leipzig) stood out as having a bit more of an attitude than the rest. And taking players from Rapid is like plucking cherrys off a tree. They are currently building a new stadium (The Allianz Stadium) and are always a bit financially vulnerable (although the new President appears to be doing a fantastic job). I think as little as 1-3 million would definitely get him.

The goal around 1:50 is very typical of him i'd say.

Last edited:
Agents and players will then want to wait until closer to the deadline to see who buys who and wait for the best clubs to come calling before making any rash decisions. It's always amazing how people think deals could be done early this year and then every year they get disappointed. If you are an established player, there's no reason to rush into signing for the first club that shows interest. I think the only deals that get done early are for the younger players, like the Brazilian kid Chelsea have signed.

I think we might do some early business actually, but only because several of our primary targets are out-of-contract.

Ings and Ayew are simple wage + vision auctions - probably both between us and Liverpool.

Back