• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Not being a sick, but What has pouch done to prove that he would be more valuable to us then Erickson Going forward?

nothing, but that's the same both ways, neither has Eriksen

we've tried flipping managers about a million times in the last 20 years, let's give someone a decent chance to build something

I will add, we've had Eriksen for two years now, for me he's in the same envelope as Dembele, Chadli, Verts, all the ability in the world but you really have to question the determination

nothing, but that's the same both ways, neither has Eriksen

we've tried flipping managers about a million times in the last 20 years, let's give someone a decent chance to build something

I will add, we've had Eriksen for two years now, for me he's in the same envelope as Dembele, Chadli, Verts, all the ability in the world but you really have to question the determination

Don't you think his stats have been above average, and the fact that he is young and could potentially improve further means that he's a key asset?

Not all together convinced by pouch but Really don't want to flip managers again.

I'm not saying Eriksen is Modric or "the guy" we build the side around .. what I am saying is

If Poch spent a year with this side, and he came up with sell Eriksen .. he's not the right guy

My original point, we have so few true quality players, that selling any of them makes no sense whatsoever ...

you do have to carry Eriksen to some degree, if (big if as well, there is no evidence this is true) Poch wants an all effort attacking three, I can see the logic in flipping Eriksen

Eriksen could still quite easily go up a level though, he can do everything, has great vision, his limitations are in his head not his feet

Don't you think his stats have been above average, and the fact that he is young and could potentially improve further means that he's a key asset?

Not all together convinced by pouch but Really don't want to flip managers again.

above average stats, not really, he has hot streaks then anonymous streaks

yeah he is young, see my previous post

you do have to carry Eriksen to some degree, if (big if as well, there is no evidence this is true) Poch wants an all effort attacking three, I can see the logic in flipping Eriksen

Eriksen could still quite easily go up a level though, he can do everything, has great vision, his limitations are in his head not his feet

don't disagree .. but he is quality, with potential to be much more

we have a lot of mediocre players that will never step up much beyond where they are, hence, the few we do have that are proven quality I think we need to do our best to hold for at least 1 more season.

get rid of Eriksen?? o_O............one of few decent players we have and we want to sell him? wow

Those on here who are expecting a number of £15m-£20m+ signings I fear are going to be disappointed.

I'm expecting our net spend this summer to be somewhere around zero given the stadium situation. And whilst we have a lot of chaff to offload, a number of those will go for lower prices than we signed them for (Paulinho, Soldado if he is sold etc) and a number of them might be hard to flog and therefore only loaned out (paulinho, Ade, etc).

Therefore if Poch wants to get say 4 or 5 in, we're going to be shopping in a lower price bracket. Maybe we'll make one £15m or so signing, but I expect others to be sub £10m

Pritchard and Delle Ali into the first team for "free" could mean we can put more behind the remaining 3 incoming players.

With Friedel retiring one of them has got to be a keeper at very low costs and who knows who we might buy...

Pritchard and Delle Ali into the first team for "free" could mean we can put more behind the remaining 3 incoming players.

With Friedel retiring one of them has got to be a keeper at very low costs and who knows who we might buy...

Brighton have a promising young keeper -Christian Walton - he would be a decent signing as a number three and for the future

See that we are linked with Chicarito this morning... Could actually be a tasty combination with Kane playing in the hole - especially in game like yesterday where teams park the bus

See that we are linked with Chicarito this morning... Could actually be a tasty combination with Kane playing in the hole - especially in game like yesterday where teams park the bus

The Utd player?, if so I do not think he is what we need as he is more like Defoe then a player who could lead the line( like Benteke). I do think Kane would be better player in the hole though.

I'd quite like to keep Holtby, I think he'd be excelled in Mason's position and certainly worth a go there. He has good vision and is a decent passer.

I'd quite like to keep Holtby, I think he'd be excelled in Mason's position and certainly worth a go there. He has good vision and is a decent passer.

No, he wouldn't. What we need is someone that can read the game and position himself, not go chasing around, and preferably add some leadership.

Absolutely no evidence that dembele is not fancied by Poch. He has been in pretty much every match day squad. It's just that Poch sees his preferred front 4 being chadli, eriksen Lamela and Kane. I fully expect dembele to get more game time next season especially as rotation is once again going to be essential. Now capoue I can believe.

Absolutely no evidence that dembele is not fancied by Poch. He has been in pretty much every match day squad. It's just that Poch sees his preferred front 4 being chadli, eriksen Lamela and Kane. I fully expect dembele to get more game time next season especially as rotation is once again going to be essential. Now capoue I can believe.

I think you're deluding yourself. If there are any takers, Dembele will be gone. IMO he's only in the squad because we have no other options. He's probably a decent guy, shows up for training every day and all, but he just doesn't fit how we are trying to play (based on our best performances), high tempo, win back the ball quickly.

I'll throw a name into the ring i think we should keep an eye on: Philipp Schobesberger.

Its been a while since i thought a Rapid player might be good enough for the premier league but I think this guy might be. Very fast, direct winger/forward in the mould of Sadio Mane. He's quicker than Mane; definitely in the Walker/Yedlin pace category. He's improving all the time after breaking into the Rapid side.

Scored again on the weekend against Admira with a typical finish. He really hads an ability with his pace, control and quickness of feet to beat people in tight situations and manufacture shooting chances.

Dortmind signed Kampl, Leipzig signed Sabitzer, and I'd wager that Schobesberger is better than both. I think he could be just what we need: lightning, eye for goal, good control, fearless.

You can check out his goal here: http://www.skrapid.at/195768.html?play=328121 (skip to 2:20 for the goal - although he is involved the whole way through)

Just after the goal he cuts in from the other side of the box and smashes a great effort against the bar.

These sort of goals and attacking play are pretty typical for him (recently anyway).

Just putting it out there ;)

Not that anyone is interested, but this kid has now scored in 7 consecutive games, equalling Hans Krankl's club record set in 1977/78.

At the last match (Derby vs Austria Venna - 4:1 to Rapid ;) ) there were scouts from the following clubs: Basel, Stuttgart, Brighton & Hove Albion, Hoffenheim, Anderlecht, Monaco, Werder Bremen, Schalke, Brügge, Hertha BSC, Frankfurt, Sunderland, Eindhoven.

I really think this kid might be something big. Looks head and shoulders above the likes of Kevin Kampl and Sadio Mane.

Not that anyone is interested, but this kid has now scored in 7 consecutive games, equalling Hans Krankl's club record set in 1977/78.

At the last match (Derby vs Austria Venna - 4:1 to Rapid ;) ) there were scouts from the following clubs: Basel, Stuttgart, Brighton & Hove Albion, Hoffenheim, Anderlecht, Monaco, Werder Bremen, Schalke, Brügge, Hertha BSC, Frankfurt, Sunderland, Eindhoven.

I really think this kid might be something big. Looks head and shoulders above the likes of Kevin Kampl and Sadio Mane.
Were you the guy who also recommended Mane before Southampton's interest was public?

Back