• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

The Utd player?, if so I do not think he is what we need as he is more like Defoe then a player who could lead the line( like Benteke). I do think Kane would be better player in the hole though.

I like the idea of Kane behind Hernandez, Kane will get more space and Hernandez is pretty deadly in the box, although so is Soldado when he wears a different shirt.

Similar. I'd say he is more of a goal threat though. He's lightening fast and could've considered a career as a professional sprinter. When he arrived he was just pace and nothing else. He's developed into a player with outstanding ball control, particularly in tight situations. I know its only Austria, but he has that Robben like ability to weave past 3-4 players in a tiny area, and often does it in the penalty area and it leads to goals and assissts.

He just never stops going. He makes good decisions and gets his head up to pass, but full backs hate him because he is relentless. He either constantly takes his man on, or is always on the move in between full back and centre back, and because he is so fast its impossible to catch him if he gets away.

In terms of attitude he's completely different to Mane. He's a level headed Austrian kid who is grateful to have this career. Quiet, dedicated, no flashy hair cuts, no flashy cars etc. Rapid often encourage kids to live at home as long as possible, and parents are very involved in the kids development. On the plane home from Genk after an EL match I was chatting to a young player, who had turned 20 and still lived with his parents in a small village outside Vienna and didn't have a girfriend!

The whole Rapid team is packed full of kids and the club has become excellent at managing them. Marcel Sabitzer (who went to Salzburg via Leipzig) stood out as having a bit more of an attitude than the rest. And taking players from Rapid is like plucking cherrys off a tree. They are currently building a new stadium (The Allianz Stadium) and are always a bit financially vulnerable (although the new President appears to be doing a fantastic job). I think as little as 1-3 million would definitely get him.

The goal around 1:50 is very typical of him i'd say.

Not saying its a bad idea or anything, but we always get these random suggestions by posters of players with great ability we should go for playing in inferior European leagues but seldom do. Maybe we should take a few more punts like this....

I like the idea of Kane behind Hernandez, Kane will get more space and Hernandez is pretty deadly in the box, although so is Soldado when he wears a different shirt.

But Hernandez is less of a line leader then Kane is, I like the guy but he is the same type of player Defoe was/is.

I think he is more of a goal hanger, not a line leader but a smart occupier of defenders.

I do like him as I said but if we are going to play Kane in the hole ( which is where I think he is best) we need a player who can play the front man better then Hernandez can/does (imo).

I see a few links today to Lavezzi. Not a long term solution but a very good player even at 30 years old.

As well as Lavezzi, the other breaking story today (from the local press in Southampton) is Schneiderlin going to Juve to replace Pogba

Similar. I'd say he is more of a goal threat though. He's lightening fast and could've considered a career as a professional sprinter. When he arrived he was just pace and nothing else. He's developed into a player with outstanding ball control, particularly in tight situations. I know its only Austria, but he has that Robben like ability to weave past 3-4 players in a tiny area, and often does it in the penalty area and it leads to goals and assissts.

He just never stops going. He makes good decisions and gets his head up to pass, but full backs hate him because he is relentless. He either constantly takes his man on, or is always on the move in between full back and centre back, and because he is so fast its impossible to catch him if he gets away.

In terms of attitude he's completely different to Mane. He's a level headed Austrian kid who is grateful to have this career. Quiet, dedicated, no flashy hair cuts, no flashy cars etc. Rapid often encourage kids to live at home as long as possible, and parents are very involved in the kids development. On the plane home from Genk after an EL match I was chatting to a young player, who had turned 20 and still lived with his parents in a small village outside Vienna and didn't have a girfriend!

The whole Rapid team is packed full of kids and the club has become excellent at managing them. Marcel Sabitzer (who went to Salzburg via Leipzig) stood out as having a bit more of an attitude than the rest. And taking players from Rapid is like plucking cherrys off a tree. They are currently building a new stadium (The Allianz Stadium) and are always a bit financially vulnerable (although the new President appears to be doing a fantastic job). I think as little as 1-3 million would definitely get him.

The goal around 1:50 is very typical of him i'd say.
Good description.... Sounds like a very exciting player and also the type that we could really do with (our team currently seems to lack pace outside of our fullback positions). So how do we go about getting our club interested in this player and watching him? Can you give Paul Mitchell a quick call?

Can anyone translate? I've no idea if that's even in Russian or Ukrainian. Twitter seems to think it is official news

Official site is .ua. This is a fan site.

From SC:

Dnipro midfielder and national team of Ukraine Yevhen Konoplyanka has reached a preliminary agreement with Tottenham about the transfer. According to the British press, the Spurs could announce the signing of Ukrainian early as next week, after the final of the Europa League.

It was after the match against Sevilla Linnet sign a contract with the club, according to British media. However, the decision could affect dozens of Dnipro victory in the final of the Europa League and the release of his team in the Champions League group stage. In this case, the Linnet may extend its current agreement with the team Miron Markevich.

Back