• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

We have Alli and possibly Winks coming in at CM already. I'd prefer to keep Stambouli though - I thought he deputised for Bentaleb well during the CAN.

I don't like Martinez at all. He's got a really poor lack of awareness. Reminds me of Darren Bent

We have Alli and possibly Winks coming in at CM already. I'd prefer to keep Stambouli though - I thought he deputised for Bentaleb well during the CAN.

I don't like Martinez at all. He's got a really poor lack of awareness. Reminds me of Darren Bent

from a Porto fan:

"Truly amazing. He's better than Falcao to be honest. We will miss him a lot in Porto. Bacca is good but Jackson is something else. If i can compare with another striker, he's like Lewandowski. Strong, fast, scores with both feets, good header, an awesome work rate(he's our captain).

I love Kane, but for now Jackson is better than him, in the Premier League for me only Aguero is better than him. He's a bit old, the bad part, but would truly give us a lot of quality in attack. A 442 with Kane and Jackson"

Sounds good to me. Don't forget the possibility of Schneiderlin and whilst Poch needs to see Dele Ali in action pre-season obviously he may also be an option as back-up. If he's good enough he's old enough!

Also, to Reggie - I like Jackson Martinez and his Porto record is good (88 in 128 for Porto). He's certainly seems to be of the Kane/Lambert/Benteke mould that Poch seems to like.

Those on here who are expecting a number of £15m-£20m+ signings I fear are going to be disappointed.

I'm expecting our net spend this summer to be somewhere around zero given the stadium situation. And whilst we have a lot of chaff to offload, a number of those will go for lower prices than we signed them for (Paulinho, Soldado if he is sold etc) and a number of them might be hard to flog and therefore only loaned out (paulinho, Ade, etc).

Therefore if Poch wants to get say 4 or 5 in, we're going to be shopping in a lower price bracket. Maybe we'll make one £15m or so signing, but I expect others to be sub £10m

from a Porto fan:

"Truly amazing. He's better than Falcao to be honest. We will miss him a lot in Porto. Bacca is good but Jackson is something else. If i can compare with another striker, he's like Lewandowski. Strong, fast, scores with both feets, good header, an awesome work rate(he's our captain).

I love Kane, but for now Jackson is better than him, in the Premier League for me only Aguero is better than him. He's a bit old, the bad part, but would truly give us a lot of quality in attack. A 442 with Kane and Jackson"

Good GHod do we never learn.

If you do not learn from history you are destined to repeat it.

My fear is that the history we will be repeating is not giving the manager the players he actually wants a la AVB.

My fear is that the history we will be repeating is not giving the manager the players he actually wants a la AVB.
It's gotta be a big concern that we'll just miss out on pooch's targets and give him what they think is similar again. Not pooch's biggest fan, but you gotta let him have some players. Redknapp was given a few of his own and look how that worked.

Has anyone else heard/seen the rumour that Mopo doesn't actually rate Christian and is open to selling him in the summer?

I find it highly doubtful Poch doesn't rate Eriksen. There might be a very small chance he doesn't think he's an ideal fit for the system he wants to play....

Last edited:
If Poch wants to sell Eriksen, I'd get rid of Poch ... because his stubbornness around his system brick would have been too much.

We have very few true quality players, even less who potentially still have improvement in them, Eriksen is a key player. To me Lloris, Rose, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Kane are untouchable for next season (unless they want out).

if it's true, which I doubt, then, yeah, fine, sell him, we'll get a few quid and its more important to have the right people in the system

Eriksen is obviously a hell of a player, he's a bit soft though and does drift in and out of games quite a bit, he's good, but he's not perfect.

Generally, I'd say none of them are untouchable, everyone has their price.

If Poch wants to sell Eriksen, I'd get rid of Poch ... because his stubbornness around his system crud would have been too much.

We have very few true quality players, even less who potentially still have improvement in them, Eriksen is a key player. To me Lloris, Rose, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Kane are untouchable for next season (unless they want out).

Really?

I rate Eriksen, I really do, but I've yet to see anything close to enough from him to want to build a side totally around him and focused on him. He is a piece of a puzzle, is he the right piece for the THFC puzzle 2016 is the question. The team is still much bigger than this one player. Any of your players are disposable at the right price and time. None of them are World Class enough to be irreplaceable. Keep them if we can but if silly money comes in or an upgrade is available then it has to happen.

if it's true, which I doubt, then, yeah, fine, sell him, we'll get a few quid and its more important to have the right people in the system

Eriksen is obviously a hell of a player, he's a bit soft though and does drift in and out of games quite a bit, he's good, but he's not perfect.

Generally, I'd say none of them are untouchable, everyone has their price.

Not being a d.ick, but What has pouch done to prove that he would be more valuable to us then Erickson Going forward?

Really?

I rate Eriksen, I really do, but I've yet to see anything close to enough from him to want to build a side totally around him and focused on him. He is a piece of a puzzle, is he the right piece for the THFC puzzle 2016 is the question. The team is still much bigger than this one player. Any of your players are disposable at the right price and time. None of them are World Class enough to be irreplaceable. Keep them if we can but if silly money comes in or an upgrade is available then it has to happen.

I'm not saying Eriksen is Modric or "the guy" we build the side around .. what I am saying is

If Poch spent a year with this side, and he came up with sell Eriksen .. he's not the right guy

My original point, we have so few true quality players, that selling any of them makes no sense whatsoever ...

Back