• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

I'd love that to be true. Because I'm pretty sure Levy would want at least twice that for him.

20-25 is about right.
I think we overrate him because of how important he is to us - his kicking is really poor and causes more issues than you want from a keeper and he does have rushes of blood to the head. At the top top level, that matters.

UTD only rate Lloris at £20 million

Well then, we all know what will happen; if Lloris wants to go, this will go down to the wire; they will end up paying 30 mill but we will not be able to find a decent replacement before the transfer window closes...

Well then, we all know what will happen; if Lloris wants to go, this will go down to the wire; they will end up paying 30 mill but we will not be able to find a decent replacement before the transfer window closes...

We already have a fairly decent replacement on the books in Vorm. Not an equivalent but better than average and could do the job and even develop into the position. Wouldn't have to be chasing a deal on deadline day at all.

We already have a fairly decent replacement on the books in Vorm. Not an equivalent but better than average and could do the job and even develop into the position. Wouldn't have to be chasing a deal on deadline day at all.

In the fleeting appearances which he's made since joining, I havent been remotely impressed by Vorm. Flaps at crosses and just doesnt inspire confidence. Sincerely hope that Lloris doesnt leave or, if he does, then its for £30m and we get a better replacement (not sure who......De Gea, perhaps Cech, perhaps Reina if he wants to be first choice somewhere, or preferably the next Lloris)

some opinions really do baffle me. why is it ok to sell our best players for any amount of money let alone 25-30m? the money doesn't go in our pocket. instead it will be split into 2 or 3 "decent" at best players. Our squad is littered with "ok" players we don't need any more. we can only get 11 of them on the pitch at once.

we can't even spend a world record fee wisely, what makes you think we can spend 30m wisely. but who cares what happens on the pitch ey? 30m sounds great. meanwhile our rivals improve and we drift further away.

whats the aim of this sport again? oh thats right.. winning games

I agree " rent a quote " wasted Modic by playing out on the left, he is one of the best players I have seen in a Spurs shirt and I go all the way back to the double team. Any comparison with Mason is crazy ( imo) Mason is a decent player and again ( imo) will never be anymore then that.

Modric was brilliant wasn't he? For me, he always held the same influence (possibly more in the context) as Ardiles did during his time.

I read the other day that we are interested in Fischer who has just recently got back into the Ajax side after a lengthy time out with an injury.

Also this mornings stories have certain papers saying that Scneiderlin to Arsenal has been a done deal for a couple of months and that UTD only rate Lloris at £20 million

Not buying that at all. In fact, the one I WOULD be worried about with regards to the goons, is Sterling, who would tick all their boxes and see Walnut going the other way...

Modric was brilliant wasn't he? For me, he always held the same influence (possibly more in the context) as Ardiles did during his time.

First time I saw Modric I said to a mate that he reminded me of Ossie and I would find it hard to say which one was the better player. If I had to chose it would probably be Ossie because of his longer service but there is not much in it.

In the fleeting appearances which he's made since joining, I havent been remotely impressed by Vorm. Flaps at crosses and just doesnt inspire confidence. Sincerely hope that Lloris doesnt leave or, if he does, then its for £30m and we get a better replacement (not sure who......De Gea, perhaps Cech, perhaps Reina if he wants to be first choice somewhere, or preferably the next Lloris)

I'd agree he hasn't been brilliant in his fleeting appearances for us but when given a run at Swansea he was decent. He isn't a replacement for lloris, not even close, but he is better than some of our goalies in EPL time and would be cover if necessary without being a total liability - meaning we wouldn't have to get our fingers burnt and all our Lloris money picked with a last minute replacement. I think also with game time he would become more consistent.

I'd agree he hasn't been brilliant in his fleeting appearances for us but when given a run at Swansea he was decent. He isn't a replacement for lloris, not even close, but he is better than some of our goalies in EPL time and would be cover if necessary without being a total liability - meaning we wouldn't have to get our fingers burnt and all our Lloris money picked with a last minute replacement. I think also with game time he would become more consistent.

He was so decent that they went for an Arsenal reject to replace him...

some opinions really do baffle me. why is it ok to sell our best players for any amount of money let alone 25-30m? the money doesn't go in our pocket. instead it will be split into 2 or 3 "decent" at best players. Our squad is littered with "ok" players we don't need any more. we can only get 11 of them on the pitch at once.

we can't even spend a world record fee wisely, what makes you think we can spend 30m wisely. but who cares what happens on the pitch ey? 30m sounds great. meanwhile our rivals improve and we drift further away.

Best post on this forum in a very long time.

1991-92 called. Didn't leave a message, though.

Reading also that Marseille asked about Stambouli during the most recent round of talks between us and them. Presumably we might angle for Stambouli + cash for Thauvin. Would boost us in one way yet weaken us in another, as we will need to go looking for another senior midfielder. I guess there may be some truth to the rumour that he has fallen out with Poch and being in the same camp as Kaboul, Capoue and Ade.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...uli-the-subject-of-marseille-tottenham-talks/

Reading also that Marseille asked about Stambouli during the most recent round of talks between us and them. Presumably we might angle for Stambouli + cash for Thauvin. Would boost us in one way yet weaken us in another, as we will need to go looking for another senior midfielder. I guess there may be some truth to the rumour that he has fallen out with Poch and being in the same camp as Kaboul, Capoue and Ade.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...uli-the-subject-of-marseille-tottenham-talks/
I don't think it would weaken us overall but as you say we could do with some reinforcements at CM. Stambouli's hardly been used and I would guess he is not playing for reasons more to do with his mobility rather than anything political. Strange signing really but if he can be used as leverage to snag a bigger fish then it some good may come out of it.

Last edited:

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/benjamin-stambouli-the-subject-of-marseille-tottenham-talks/

Sounds good to me. Don't forget the possibility of Schneiderlin and whilst Poch needs to see Dele Ali in action pre-season obviously he may also be an option as back-up. If he's good enough he's old enough!

Also, to Reggie - I like Jackson Martinez and his Porto record is good (88 in 128 for Porto). He's certainly seems to be of the Kane/Lambert/Benteke mould that Poch seems to like.

Back