• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

£32 million is peanuts. No more than a cash overdraft for PL club. I think we've done exceptionally well to get this far on the stadium (training centre complete, all the land purchased, ground works underway) without taking on any significant debt.

Where did I say it was significant? You may think it is peanuts but it is a debt nonetheless and could have been £32m spent on a player! There's also the £20m that we owe various clubs in transfer fees on top of that.

Where did I say it was significant? You may think it is peanuts but it is a debt nonetheless and could have been £32m spent on a player! There's also the £20m that we owe various clubs in transfer fees on top of that.

What I mean is that it's not worth paying attention to. Accountants would probably want us to carry that debt even if we had a cash reserve for weird tax purposes.

What I mean is that it's not worth paying attention to. Accountants would probably want us to carry that debt even if we had a cash reserve for weird tax purposes.

Yes, there is the tax shield effect and it is a cheaper form of finance than equity, so our debt is not out of kilter with other well-run clubs. I was just saying that we're not debt free.

I thought ENIC paid off our last £40m of debt a few months ago, which they were going to convert into more shares?

They wanted us completely debt free so we can get better terms on the big build loans

I thought ENIC paid off our last £40m of debt a few months ago, which they were going to convert into more shares?

They wanted us completely debt free so we can get better terms on the big build loans

I don't know about that, I am afraid. From looking at the accounts from June 2014, it shows that we have that amount of debt that is long term with additional shorter-term debt of £2m (overdraft).

We've got a strong cashflow, a heaving season ticket waiting list and have been well run for a long time, so having that amount of debt shouldn't impact our ability to get good rates on the loans for the big build.

I don't know about that, I am afraid. From looking at the accounts from June 2014, it shows that we have that amount of debt that is long term with additional shorter-term debt of £2m (overdraft).

We've got a strong cashflow, a heaving season ticket waiting list and have been well run for a long time, so having that amount of debt shouldn't impact our ability to get good rates on the loans for the big build.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/financial-results-shareholder-and-stadium-update-020414/

"In addition to acquiring the non-core properties and financing the Phase 1 build, ENIC has supported the Club by way of an interest free, unsecured loan of £40m. This loan will be converted, subject to shareholder approval, into non-voting preference share capital."

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/financial-results-shareholder-and-stadium-update-020414/

"In addition to acquiring the non-core properties and financing the Phase 1 build, ENIC has supported the Club by way of an interest free, unsecured loan of £40m. This loan will be converted, subject to shareholder approval, into non-voting preference share capital."

I've looked at the accounts again and they have done that, but the debt I am referring to can be seen in the annual report which was published in Nov 14. P24 shows £32.4m of interest bearing loans. This is in addition to the £40m that you have referred to p34.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/upl...cuments/Annual_Reports/annual-report-2014.pdf

Interesting how many clubs (seen it with West Brom and Stoke) actively state the cost of their transfers when they are higher, I guess that's to highlight to fans and cause some excitement. Don't think we've ever announced a fee unless it's been for stock market reasons.

What's the betting he plays like Ronaldo on Saturday.

Enter Shaqiri
Jeez, I'm sure the BBC could have found a more flattering picture.

_84825916_xherdanshaqiri.jpg

Manchester United told by Tottenham to forget about Harry Kane
• Spurs stance on Kane could scupper deal for Javier Hernández
• Club are close to £10m deal for Lyon forward Clinton N’Jie

Tottenham Hotspur remain adamant that they will not sell Harry Kane to Manchester United or any other club this summer. Daniel Levy, the Spurs chairman, met Ed Woodward, the Old Trafford executive vice-chairman, in May as stories first emerged of United’s interest in Kane and he made it plain that he would not entertain any bids for his club’s prized asset. That position has not changed.

The United manager, Louis van Gaal, has few options up front beyond Wayne Rooney, and he suggested after his team’s 1-0 win over Spurs on Saturday that he would like to add a high-class forward. “When we can buy another striker, who has a lot of qualities, more than our players, then we buy,” the Dutchman said. He is also on record as stating his admiration for Kane.

United have not made an official bid for Kane but they are considering whether to do so. Behind Rooney, Van Gaal has Javier Hernández and James Wilson while he also name-checked Adnan Januzaj as a possible option on Saturday. He has seen Robin van Persie and Radamel Falcao leave the club this summer. But any firm move for Kane will be met by strong resistance at White Hart Lane while the 22-year-old, who is under contract until 2020, has shown no inclination to push for the transfer.

Spurs want to sign a new striker as, with Emmanuel Adebayor and Roberto Soldado having been made available for transfer, Kane is currently their only available, recognised option. They would like to take Hernández from United but Levy knows that any conversation with Woodward about the Mexico forward would inevitably lead to Kane’s name coming up. As such, Tottenham fear that a deal for Hernández would be difficult to close.

The north London club have an interest in the West Bromwich Albion striker Saido Berahino while they are close to a £10m deal for the Lyon forward Clinton N’Jie, who can play up front or on the right wing.

Tottenham have made an offer to Lyon for the 21-year-old Cameroon international and they believe it is close to being accepted but they also recognise that the French club need time to line up a replacement for such an important player, with Mathieu Valbuena set to arrive from Dynamo Moscow. The negotiations are ongoing. N’Jie has exciting potential and is blessed with a good touch but his greatest attribute is his pace, which is something that Tottenham sorely lack.

The manager, Mauricio Pochettino, has said that Adebayor has no future at the club – together with the out-of-favour winger Aaron Lennon – and the attempts to move him continue, with West Ham United having indicated that they would like to take him. The Hammers were close to a loan for the Togolese last January only for Levy to block the deal at the last minute – much to the annoyance of Adebayor, who has one year to run on his £100,000-a-week contract.

There is bad blood between Levy and West Ham over the battle for the Olympic Stadium – which West Ham won – and it is unclear whether Levy would now be more receptive to dealing with the east London club over Adebayor.

Aston Villa have tried to sign Adebayor too, and, from Tottenham’s side, everything was agreed for a season-long loan to go through, with Villa paying a loan fee and picking up all of his wages. Adebayor, though, dragged his heels. Tim Sherwood, the Villa manager, who previously worked with the forward at Spurs,refused to rule out reviving the deal last Friday.

Soldado is expected to complete a move back to his native Spain after a disappointing two years, with Villarreal leading the chase for him. Pochettino has said that Soldado could yet return to contention if he is not sold but it remains most likely that he will leave.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/11/manchester-united-tottenham-harry-kane

Purely press speculation, imho. We got him in time for a full pre-season and ended up paying the release fee. There would have been no advantage in getting him in before pre-season. We could have bid higher than we needed to for Ings to try and cheapen the deal, but it doesn't look like, to me at least, that has been the case. I don't choose to believe press speculation as invariably they don't turn out to be the facts. It is just speculation in the main. What we do know (although not categorically) is that we paid the release clause. In my mind, there is no doubt that Ings chose Liverpool over us because of the wage but that is a different discussion altogether.

Sure, sure, but the initial point was that even a release clause paid up doesn't always result in us getting the players we target in within a short period of time. So there's a bit more to Liverpool's 'paid the release clause, so they finished up the deals quickly' than you're letting on, surely: we don't seem to be able to do the same with equivalent ease.

Sure, sure, but the initial point was that even a release clause paid up doesn't always result in us getting the players we target in within a short period of time. So there's a bit more to Liverpool's 'paid the release clause, so they finished up the deals quickly' than you're letting on, surely: we don't seem to be able to do the same with equivalent ease.

I'm not sure I agree with you there buddy, I'm sorry. Transfer window starts on 1 July, and he was in for first day of pre-season training. Can't get any quicker than that! If we are to use press speculation as a means for when the transfer negotiations started, then press speculation linking Benteke with Liverpool started ages ago so the original point about Liverpool getting their signings sorted quickly doesn't stand. The real point is that both players were in place for most of a pre-season and so could start the new season fully prepped which is the ideal.

That Togolese chap has ruined this years transfer window for me, I am utterly hating it!

please fast forward me to 5 mins before the deadline where we suddenly find out no ones bothered to fix the fax machine.

#please can we sign someone
#hating this fudging transfer window
#woof

Back