• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Aston Villa are back on the trail of Andros Townsend after the Spurs winger returned to training this week, according to The Mirror.

Tim Sherwood is a fan of the 24-year-old England star - rated at £15million - who injured a shoulder in pre-season.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine boss Steve McClaren is also interested, but Tottenham maintain they are not prepared to compromise on his valuation.

Townsend is committed to White Hart Lane but is keen to play regularly in order to remain in the plans of England boss Roy Hodgson ahead of Euro 2016.

default_pray.gif

Aston Villa are back on the trail of Andros Townsend after the Spurs winger returned to training this week, according to The Mirror.

Tim Sherwood is a fan of the 24-year-old England star - rated at £15million - who injured a shoulder in pre-season.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine boss Steve McClaren is also interested, but Tottenham maintain they are not prepared to compromise on his valuation.

Townsend is committed to White Hart Lane but is keen to play regularly in order to remain in the plans of England boss Roy Hodgson ahead of Euro 2016.

default_pray.gif

not if they buy Traore

I'm not sure Sherwood is really a big Andros fan. He didn't play him much while he was in charge.

I'm not sure Sherwood is really a big Andros fan. He didn't play him much while he was in charge.

I think Sherwood saw him as AVB's player. And Townsend's views on Sherwood have been well aired.

There might be some truth in the Saudi Sportswashing Machine story, but no way I can see him going to Villa

I can not believe Dos Santos went to America to play, very odd considering the good season he had in Spain last year.
He's a hop and a skip away from his home country, will have a huge following in L.A., and probably make more money as a result. If he was Latvian, I would find it kinda odd too.

Manchester United are close to completing a deal to sign Valencia's 27-year-old centre-back Nicolas Otamendi. (Independent)

Emirates Marketing Project want to beat their rivals to the signing of the Argentina defender Nicolas Otamendi, who is valued at £35m. (Mirror)

United manager Louis van Gaal's hopes of signing Sergio Ramos, 29, seem to be over after the defender agreed to a new contract at Real Madrid. (Evening Standard)

Midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 25, says the experience of playing in League One with Southampton "toughened him up physically and mentally" to play for the Red Devils. (Manchester Evening News)

_84853345_mirror.jpg

Daily Mirror back page

Left-back Jose Enrique, 29, wants to "stay and fight" for his place at Liverpool, despite being "alienated" by manager Brendan Rodgers. (Liverpool Echo via Marca)

Roma are interested in signing Liverpool's 25-year-old defender Mamadou Sakho, who was left out of the opening game against Stoke.(Express via Calciomercato)

Tottenham have put a £15m price tag on 28-year-old midfielder Mousa Dembele to ward off interest from Sunderland. (Daily Star)

Spurs hope to finalise the signing of Lyon forward Clinton N'Jie this week after agreeing a £10m fee for the 21-year-old Cameroonian.(Daily Telegraph)

The north London side are confident of completing a deal for West Bromwich Albion striker Saido Berahino, 22, but are unwilling to meet the £25m asking price. (Daily Mail)

The Baggies have put strikers Brown Ideye, 26 and Victor Anichebe, 27, up for sale following the arrival of £12m record signing, Venezuelan Salomon Rondon, 25. (Express & Star)

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wheelchair, 23, could return to the side in weeks rather than months as signs show his left fibula injury is healing faster than expected. (Express)

Midfielder Mathieu Flamini, 31, has been told by Arsenal he can leave the club, but the Frenchman is holding out for a pay-off. (Goal.com)

The Gunners are considering a £22m bid for Sevilla midfielder and Poland international Grzegorz Krychowiak after watching the 25-year-old in action in the Super Cup. (Daily Telegraph)

_84853347_telegraph.jpg

Daily Telegraph back page

The Stoke City ticket office has been inundated with requests to purchase season cards and tickets for upcoming matches after the club-record £12m signing of midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri, 23. (Stoke Sentinel)

Bayern Munich legend Stefan Effenberg says Shaqiri has been "badly advised" after moving to the Potters. (Eurosport via Sky)

Emirates Marketing Project will break their attendance record at Etihad Stadium when Chelsea visit on Sunday as their expanded South Stand has been granted a safety certificate. (Manchester Evening News)

Swansea manager Garry Monk is surprised striker Michu, 29, has not yet left the club and says an exit is best for both parties.(South Wales Evening Post)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans voted 72% in favour of re-signing 32-year-old midfielder Joey Barton on a free transfer after a potential move to West Ham collapsed. (Chronicle)

However, two Premier League clubs and two French Ligue 1 clubs are interested in signing one-cap England international Barton. (Sky Sports)

Leicester City striker David Nugent, 30, is to have a medical at Championship side Middlesbrough after the Foxes accepted a £4m offer for the player. (Leicester Mercury)

Blackburn Rovers have taken Swedish striker Denni Avdic, 26, on trial from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar. (Voetbal International - in Dutch)

Leeds have opened contract talks with 21-year-old full-back Sam Byram, amid rumours of interest from Saudi Sportswashing Machine. (Mirror)

Former Birmingham Ladies player Amy Laban, 25, has been jailed for two months after faking a personal injury claim to try to win £3,000 in compensation

I suppose I'm a reactionary old fart, but if the media want to start reporting on "Ladies" football they may as well cover the East Lancashire Sunday League as it is probably a better standard at its highest level, and lots more criminals playing in it.

I suppose I'm a reactionary old fart, but if the media want to start reporting on "Ladies" football they may as well cover the East Lancashire Sunday League as it is probably a better standard at its highest level, and lots more criminals playing in it.
absolutely - I had this argument yesterday - I suppose we show it due to Sexism but then why not the Vets league for ageism,

As a general rule supply does not create demand - just pumping this (and the womans ashes) will not make an audience. Sports that are watched on TV have grown over 100 years, media trying to do the same in a couple of years.

It

Yeah, you sound like utter nobs.... Shall we not cover women's tennis either because the men 300 in the world are better, or the same with any sport? Maybe, just maybe, and this will be hard to take into your undoubtedly ageing minds, but newspaper report in public interest, and people are infinitely more interested in women's football than East Lancashire Sunday league (really funny joke by the way). And it also shows how much you know about the sport (you wouldn't want enlighten your ignorant minds with actually educating yourselves after all) but women's football is is technically far better than that level, far far far better.

Yeah, you sound like utter nobs.... Shall we not cover women's tennis either because the men 300 in the world are better, or the same with any sport? Maybe, just maybe, and this will be hard to take into your undoubtedly ageing minds, but newspaper report in public interest, and people are infinitely more interested in women's football than East Lancashire Sunday league (really funny joke by the way). And it also shows how much you know about the sport (you wouldn't want enlighten your ignorant minds with actually educating yourselves after all) but women's football is is technically far better than that level, far far far better.

Most "Womens sport" is performed at a lower level than Mens sport, thats a fact. When it does reach that level it will deserve to get the media cover it gets in the sports section of the media, I see the current fad as either patronising (Oo didn't they do well for girls) or political correctness. I any section of sport needs media backing then it's disabled sport, but then bums and tits are better pictures than amputees and the blind.

Well said!

I would highly recommend anyone that thinks the quality is poor to watch the WPL highlights show (on iPlayer).

And I reiterate the public interest point. Personally I think cricket and golf are fudging dull, but I respect that many other don't.

Most "Womens sport" is performed at a lower level than Mens sport, thats a fact. When it does reach that level it will deserve to get the media cover it gets in the sports section of the media, I see the current fad as either patronising (Oo didn't they do well for girls) or political correctness. I any section of sport needs media backing then it's disabled sport, but then bums and tits are better pictures than amputees and the blind.

Define "lower level"?
" women's " (yes, the use of quotation marks IS a sarcastic response to your initial usage) football is certain played to a higher standard of sportsmanship and with greater understanding of the people who actually watch it rather than the contemptuous nature of top level mens football.

I agree re disabled sport. But don't see the need for differentiation.

Arranguiz, a defensive mid, has joined Leverkusen .......Kramer or Bender on their way?

http://www.bayer04.de/b04-ENG/en/_md_aktuell-dt.aspx?aktuell=aktuell-5776

Bayer 04 sign Chile international Aránguiz
Signed and sealed: (l. to r.) Bayer 04 CEO Michael Schade, Charles Aránguiz and sporting director Rudi Völler.

130815_0004.jpg

Zum Vergrößern aufs Symbol klicken
Bayer 04 have come out on top in the race to sign Chile international Charles Aránguiz. After the president of his previous club Internacional Porto Alegre signed the transfer documents on Wednesday night and Aránguiz completed the medical at Bayer 04 the 26-year-old midfielder penned a five-year deal to 30 June 2020.
Aránguiz, who reached the semi-finals of the Copa Libertadores with the top Brazilian club, came to the attention of numerous clubs thanks to his outstanding performances with successful Chile side at the Copa America.

“We are happy and satisfied that our persistence has paid off,” declared Bayer 04 CEO Michael Schade in commenting on the successful move in the transfer market. “Our efforts have long been focused on completing this transfer and that has not been made any easier by the player's outstanding displays both at the Copa and with his club. It's even more pleasing to win out against strong competition from abroad. We were written off in the race to sign Aránguiz. We have reached a fair solution with the Brazilian.”

Völler: “Aránguiz improves our quality”

Rudi Völler believes signing the international with 40 caps to his credit is very important. “Charles Aránguiz has shown what an outstanding player he is above all with Chile. The energetic, aggressive style of play is similar to ours and Aránguiz has proved to be a strategic force in midfield,” added Völler. “Charles Aránguiz improves the quality of our team and we've brought in the player we wanted for this position in midfield.”

Aránguiz is looking forward to playing in Germany. “The Bundesliga is one of the best and most attractive leagues in the world and Bayer 04 has been one of the top clubs for years. My international team-mate Arturo Vidal raved about Bayer 04 and that's why I wanted to join this club,” admitted Aránguiz. “I also see Leverkusen giving me the big chance of playing in the Champions League. Leverkusen have almost been in it every year and we want to make to the group stage again this year. I'm looking forward to this huge challenge in a new country.

I don't think Women's football is much better than non league. They would definitely struggle to beat anyone from Rymans up. I stopped watching the world cup because of its over hyped bull. Seriously the commentators were comparing the Japanese side as Barcelona! LOL

Back