• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Another Marca story

What they have said about Gareth Bale

Players, former players, coaches, directors and those who know Gareth Bale best all praise the Welshman, both as a sportsman and an individual. This is what they have said about the Tottenham star and future Real Madrid player.

Zinedine Zidane: "He makes things look easy, his pace is frightening, his acceleration is unbelievable. He is the player who has most impressed me since Messi and Cristiano."

Luis Suárez (1960 Ballon d'Or winner): "He can play everywhere. The best thing is to give him freedom. He can wreak havoc with Cristiano. There's no way to stop them if they start running!"

Luis Figo: "His best finish is amazing, just amazing."

Fabio Capello: "Bale has Gento's speed and Roberto Carlos' power."

Harry Redknapp: "He's as strong as an ox and, most important of all, he's a smashing lad."

Alex Ferguson: "He was a gangly slim boy, but now he is built like a boxer."

Andre Villas-Boas: "He's an incredible player, one of the best in the world."

Juande Ramos: "He has a great left foot and would play well in any team."

Chris Coleman: "He would have no problems adapting, he is a super talent."

John B. Toshack: "He could open a can of meat with his left foot."

Iker Casillas: "He is hugely talented and is one of the top four in Europe."

Gwyn Morris (Bale's teacher): "He's one of the least individualistic people I've taught."

Andoni Zubizarreta: "He is an interesting footballer with a different style."

Jonathan Barnett: "Bale is a better player than Neymar and he's demonstrated it in one of the best leagues in the world."

That article is claiming a very precisie knowledge of the negotiations. I'm fairly confident Levy isn't briefing the press, so it would have to come from the Madrid camp and can't be considered reliable.

On the other hand, its not so unreasonable. Such considerations were always going to be part of the negotiations. It's normal to pay in installments, so the first option is standard business. The Madrid offer for Ronaldo was an exception and was done for "show". I also suspect it is common for more money to be offered up front in exchange for a lower fee as a way of sweetening a deal for a cash-strapped club. The £70m cash offer seems low but if they are including a player then could be close enough. Then it just depends on what Levy wants and how the other deals are structured. Maybe Roma need cash so a big payment from Real could help facilitate the Lamela deal.

As for the number, the £86m is the number Marca have being giving all along and €100m seems a nice round bid for Madrid's posturing about a world record fee. Some papers are talking about £93m, but I can't see how they can have reliable information.

Believe me or not this is exactly what is happening, we want £90m £45m now and £45m at the start of next season, the **** want to pay the £90m over 4 years, this we will not accept, I posted this on here about 3/4 weeks ago and it is still the case, I hope that Levy sticks to his guns.

Marca main story

Bale at Last !!!

Following two months of tough negotiations, the endless saga that Gareth Bale's signing to Real Madrid has become is at an end. And the outcome, as it could only be given the player's resounding decision, is that the Welshman will end up wearing white. Real and Tottenham reached an agreement for the transfer of the Premier league's top footballer for £85 million, which equates to €99 million, with payment being made in a number of instalments.

Sorry I dont believe we would take £85m in a number of instalments

I dunno; maybe we have lost sight of the fact -- because of all the ridiculous figures that have been thrown around -- but £85m for Bale is still silly money! £85m! He's great and I love him, but he's had one big season and he's going for a world record fee. It's mental.

Has this been posted?

r4qf.jpg

That number plate #-o

Exactly as Ive said before were not Littlewoods catalogue

Thing is, I can't imagine we've either paid or received in full for a transfer for a long, long time. When we sold Berbatov, I'm sure we didn't get 30m+ on that day!

well he's not and will never be on Ronaldos level in my honest opinion so for me anything over £80m I'd take.

"If there is no announcement on Saturday it is unlikely there will be one until Tuesday because of the away match Real are playing on Monday night against Granada in the Spanish top flight, La Liga.
The plan remains to unveil Bale in the middle of next week, but this now depends on Spurs."

But the press reported that Real Madrid have built a stage at the Bernabeu to unveil him this weekend! Why would they build a stage already if the plan is to present him next week?

I'm so fed up with the press. Can't they just wait until something actually happens before they report it?

well he's not and will never be on Ronaldos level in my honest opinion so for me anything over £80m I'd take.

Unfortunately...Bale miles better than Ronaldo...but thts my opinion.

Ronaldo was better than Bale for many years but has now been surpassed........:-"

Unfortunately, Bale is better than Ronaldo..Ronaldo was better for many a year but has now been well and truly
surpassed.

I have to disagree with that . Bale is not anywhere near Ronaldo's level yet. Getting there maybe, but still a ways to go. In fact if Bale does go to Madrid the comparison with Ronaldo will be all too obvious and I predict he will be a failure relative to his world record price tag. I have a few Madrileño in my family, my brother's missus is from there, and they are not a patient or forgiving bunch. I could easily see Bale becoming the next Kaka.

I hope we insert a buyback clause, and 50% sell on clause. That way we can buy him back for half the price in a year :)

I hope we insert a buyback clause, and 50% sell on clause. That way we can buy him back for half the price in a year :)

I know you were joking, but a lot of people are suggesting Levy should insert this clause or that clause during the negotiations. First refusal clauses, preferential buy-back discounts, sell on clauses... I'm afraid none of that stuff will be in the contract. If Madrid spend a world record fee on Bale, you can be sure they will be buying 100% of the player with zero strings attached.

I know you were joking, but a lot of people are suggesting Levy should insert this clause or that clause during the negotiations. First refusal clauses, preferential buy-back discounts, sell on clauses... I'm afraid none of that stuff will be in the contract. If Madrid spend a world record fee on Bale, you can be sure they will be buying 100% of the player with zero strings attached.

I was joking of course but Levy holds all the cards in this transfer and so nothing would surprise me with this guy. We have a special relationship after all.

Wouldn't want to buy him back anyway. There is a difference in players who "moved on to get regular football" comming back (Defoe/Kaboul) and players who engineered their own move to a 'bigger' club coming back (Sheringham/Keane). The former are more than welcome, the latter can **** right off

Back