• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I think he wouldve had more chance of winning the title with Spurs this season than Real Madrid...

4 trophies in 10 years for that so called biggest club in the world, yeh right...

he'd have muh chance winning the title with Spurs? in a league where we're just about fighting for 4th? with 1 trophy in 10 years?

No the WM was a 325.
Whiffler is talking about the 235 pyramid

And the pyramid went out in the late twenties when Arsenal invented the centre back (or at least made it common). Curiously the papers continued printing the line-ups as if they were pyramidal well into the 70s, possibly the 80s.

I find it interesting how different formations have evolved through time. The Brasilians in the 50s did play the 4-2-4 for a while and are responsible for inventing the second centre back. It's funny that Arsenal and Brasil brought in such defensiveness.

I also find in interesting to compare the current favourite, the 4-2-3-1, with the WM. They have similarities with the pair of half backs. You could imagine Blanchflower and Mackay being happy in such a formation. In fact, the whole double team would only need one change, as the main difference is that instead of two withdrawn inside forwards (White and Allen), there is only one in favour of the second centre back.

and if he goes to Madrid with the players they have and he has more than a chance.

I doubt it, they will always combust, too many players who play for themselves especially Ronaldo with Bale coming in...

They wont beat Barca

I like how they're giving us the option to choose, how nice of them.

How about £95m up front or do one.

Should say we want £100m in one cash lump sum or no deal. Should also release a public statement confirming that we have communicated this to Madrid just to **** them and Ronaldo off.

Who do they think they are giving us a couple of options, we are in power here with the player belonging to us.

So if you believe this, Madrid are now trying to lowball us

Dont they remember this guy from the Modric deal, its not going to happen

1ed847a0d8c56b12d50820a47aa99f6e.jpeg

Yesterday deal was done and he was gone and now they are making offers.... Its also probably the first offers they've ever made...

Just tell them to F*** O** please. Thank you.

That article is claiming a very precisie knowledge of the negotiations. I'm fairly confident Levy isn't briefing the press, so it would have to come from the Madrid camp and can't be considered reliable.

On the other hand, its not so unreasonable. Such considerations were always going to be part of the negotiations. It's normal to pay in installments, so the first option is standard business. The Madrid offer for Ronaldo was an exception and was done for "show". I also suspect it is common for more money to be offered up front in exchange for a lower fee as a way of sweetening a deal for a cash-strapped club. The £70m cash offer seems low but if they are including a player then could be close enough. Then it just depends on what Levy wants and how the other deals are structured. Maybe Roma need cash so a big payment from Real could help facilitate the Lamela deal.

As for the number, the £86m is the number Marca have being giving all along and €100m seems a nice round bid for Madrid's posturing about a world record fee. Some papers are talking about £93m, but I can't see how they can have reliable information.

I will be very disappointed if Bale joins Real for less than 100m. Hope Levy will be very firm in this. It must be 100m and over.

Last edited:

Marca main story

Bale at Last !!!

Following two months of tough negotiations, the endless saga that Gareth Bale's signing to Real Madrid has become is at an end. And the outcome, as it could only be given the player's resounding decision, is that the Welshman will end up wearing white. Real and Tottenham reached an agreement for the transfer of the Premier league's top footballer for £85 million, which equates to €99 million, with payment being made in a number of instalments.

Sorry I dont believe we would take £85m in a number of instalments

Back