• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

4231 has a #10, 433 doesn't. If Bale was staying, his position in each system would be different, I think Soldado would benefit from having a #10.

I get that but it's misleading when people say teams play a 4-3-3 because no team plays 3 strikers in that formation.

it doesnt really have to be three strikers though

back in the day when football was about entertainment , teams actually had the audacity to play 4-2-4......there isnt even enough room for 4 strikers to operate. but there is room for 2 strikers and 2 full time wingers

back in the day when football was about entertainment , teams actually had the audacity to play 4-2-4......there isnt even enough room for 4 strikers to operate. but there is room for 2 strikers and 2 full time wingers

At times we played close to that under 'Arry.

Agreed.

A more accurate name for what I think of as 4-3-3 at least is 4-1-2-2-1, but it doesn't look right. I think most people assume that a 4-3-3 includes wide players willing to drop deep and do some defending in addition to playing fairly wide when attacking.

Err ..... back in the day it was 2-3-5

There were two backs (let's call them Right & Left)
3 halves (Right, Centre & Left)
and five forwards (Right Wing, Inside Right, Centre, Inside Left, Left Wing)

And after the keeper at no. 1, the numbers went incrementally. And no subs.

And that was pretty standard until 66 World Cup.

Err ..... back in the day it was 2-3-5

There were two backs (let's call them Right & Left)
3 halves (Right, Centre & Left)
and five forwards (Right Wing, Inside Right, Centre, Inside Left, Left Wing)

And after the keeper at no. 1, the numbers went incrementally. And no subs.

And that was pretty standard until 66 World Cup.

Ah, the old WM no?

Really not too different from a 3-5-2. Frankly, any system can match any team. If you have quality players they can comfortably interchange, some call it total football. Under Jol, Tottenham would move from system to system seamlessly during the game. Harry and AVB are more rigid in their formations but AVB's Tottenham are more solid than any Totenham team I have seen. The four defenders and three midfielders are rocks upon which the front three can rely, the two men in behind The centre forward are inside forwards. Yes they have a responsibility to drop back and defend but when we have the ball they have freedom to move inside out and interchange, just as I imagine John White and Cliff Jones did to a certain extent back in the sixties.

I think he wouldve had more chance of winning the title with Spurs this season than Real Madrid...

4 trophies in 10 years for that so called biggest club in the world, yeh right...

I think he wouldve had more chance of winning the title with Spurs this season than Real Madrid...

4 trophies in 10 years for that so called biggest club in the world, yeh right...

i dont mean to sound like an *** but this does make us sound a bit bitter. i think the bottom line is that he will get ALOT more from being with madrid than with us, and a much better chance of doing so as well. pretty straightforward decision

besides , we might not even let him go

Back