• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I like how the Daily Fail lists Bale's club as "Real Madrid?" in their analysis alongside Messi and Ronaldo.

He's effectively already left Spurs then.

i'm taking it as read but does anyone have any evidence that they still owe us 20m for Modric?

I think it is common for large transfers to have staged payments. I believe we try to stage payments when we buy.

But you will rarely find direct evidence of any football dealings.

I simply don't believe Bale got his Mummy and Daddy in on the meetings, I just can't believe it.

they are a v close family apparently......i prefer this in comparison to just the player and his agent

All this fuss has certainly caused a lot of fuss for me and my other half with the parents getting involved........

do we take down our gareth Bale picture hanging pride of place in the living room????????? I don't want to take it down yet:(

they are a v close family apparently......i prefer this in comparison to just the player and his agent

If they are very close then I'd rather it was player and agent and not the Bale family collective, would make it even clearer that he wants out big time.

I hope they were there for a tour and nothing else.

I think it is common for large transfers to have staged payments. I believe we try to stage payments when we buy.

But you will rarely find direct evidence of any football dealings.

yeah, apparently 6 years for Soldado to be fully paid for :)

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/100million-tottenham-will-sell-if-real-madrid-smash-the-transfer-record-for-gareth-bale-8738002.html

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is reluctantly prepared to sell Gareth Bale this summer if Real Madrid pay a world-record £100million.

After weeks of insisting Bale will not leave, Levy has been left in a difficult position after the Wales international made clear he wants to move to the Bernabeu. It is believed he stunned the club’s hierarchy during the pre-season tournament in Hong Kong last week when he informed them of his desire to join Madrid.

Bale met Levy for talks yesterday at the club’s training ground after arriving home from Hong Kong. He was accompanied by his parents.

But the 24-year-old has made it clear he will not employ the sort of tactics Luka Modric and Dimitar Berbatov used to secure moves away from White Hart Lane.

He is not going to hand in an official transfer request or refuse to play in matches and will give his all for the team should the deal not go through.

Standard Sport understands Levy is still fighting hard to keep his prize asset, having already rejected one offer in excess of £85m, and hopes the £100m price tag — which is £20m more than the previous record Madrid paid for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009 — will scare them off.

If Bale won't force the issue then there is no issue, assuming that Levy really doesn't want to sell.

There's no fight to be had if Bale and Levy are happy for the status quo to remain.

On another note, naffing Alan Brazil this morning (i know, i know) saying it would be terrible if it went down to deadline day - implying that Levy has got previous (which of course he has!) but that we should just capitulate because it's Madrid and not drag it out.

Well, balloon head, Madrid are the ones dragging it out - if true that they've been quoted €125m but can't afford it, then that's their issue, not ours. We don't want to sell, and certainly not for 'just' £80m. if they want him that badly, then they know the price.

If they are very close then I'd rather it was player and agent and not the Bale family collective, would make it even clearer that he wants out big time.

I hope they were there for a tour and nothing else.

i think Levy would have a better chance convincing the parents that maybe its better for their son to remain in england for one more season than it would be an agent who wants his 10% of a 100 mill transfer;)

All this fuss has certainly caused a lot of fuss for me and my other half with the parents getting involved........

do we take down our gareth Bale picture hanging pride of place in the living room????????? I don't want to take it down yet:(

A while ago I went into an English bar in Spain. The owner was a Leeds fan. He had photos of the Leeds "greats" on his wall and a photo of Alan Smith hanging upside down.

i think Levy would have a better chance convincing the parents that maybe its better for their son to remain in england for one more season than it would be an agent who wants his 10% of a 100 mill transfer;)

And not swap the Welsh home for a luxury villa in Madrid?

We're screwed! :D

I don't think it's unreasonable. If they are involved in any discussion, it must be because GB wants them there, and that way nobody's relying on any 'he said, she said'. Rightly or wrongly, Levy seems to have built a reputation for the paperwork he draws up not quite matching what he's said around the negotiating table, and I wouldn't be surprised if that angle has been played up for all it's worth by interested parties.

And not swap the Welsh home for a luxury villa in Madrid?

We're screwed! :D

:lol: the Welsh love their valleys though

i cant wait for the Monaco game on Sat to see if Bale is fit and if its true he will give his all until any offer is made or accepted

I am surprised they haven't wheeled off the 'but we let you have vdv on the cheap' argument yet.

Agents collecting a percentage of anything other than what's paid to them by the player is ludicrous. I wish the clubs would collectively say "fudge you" to them all and refuse to deal with the bricky ones. Or if teams instantly sold players with specific agents.

I really think a new contract, massive money for Bale with an 80M release clause for next summer is the best solution for all.

He doesn't need to go this year. I don't know why he is so desperate...if he even is.

Hopefully Madrid can't afford 100M this year, but if they can, I hope it gets sorted quickly enough so we can spend the money. If it comes to the last week before Madrid cough up 100M I hope we can be justified and Bale can understand why we will turn it down, because it would be pointless having it.

Does Levy have a good relationship with the parents? I think I read this, so it might have worked to his advantage that they were also there.

exactly!!!!!!!!!

very interesting how the British media are doing their utmost to send the 3rd best player on the planet off to Spain

why wouldnt they want want him to remain here where they to could enjoy him and be proud to witness a superstar close up on a weekly basis

fcuking knobs.....let the cnuts enjoy Oxlaide and Walcott instead. fcuk 'em

They're being fed.
Their relationships with player/agent are doubtless involved.
It's a feeding frenzy.

Let's hope Levy is focussed in on the calm, zen like a Tarantino assassin...of course Madrid haven't tabled a bid for a price they cannot afford, that's why they've been working the agent and the player ruthlessly!!!! The agent, BTW, is very smart. He's keeping Bale silent because this way he will be an 'enemy' to no-one whatever happens.

But to carry on the film metaphor, watching Bale get mentally taken to the Dark Side is depressing. I actually feel sorry for the guy. These kids are not prepared for the mental mind games and dirty tricks...

Back