• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

The agent has probably been telling Madrid throughout that the way to Bale is through his family.

Mom and pop! Bale's bringing out the heavy artillery now! Watch master negotiator Levy crumble at the silvery tongue of Fabulous Frank Bale!

Look, as many here know I am not a pessimist and I was also certain he was staying until the last two weeks when things changed as detailed. I said last week that the key figure here is Barnet, his relationship with the Bales and their relationship with Levy are the things in question here. IF Levy holds the clout, he will persuade them to have Bale stay. but Barnet got turned early, and Madrid worked Bale. They have said all sorts. levy has a massive massive task on his hands.

But make no mistake, this will come down to things none of us, not me, not you, not anyone other than Daniel Levy, Jonathan Barnet and Bale's parents, know. The way Madrid and the agent have handled the press is awful IMO. Let's just say that not every agent in football is as obvious as Mamic was.

It is nowhere near as easy as the 'don't sell' with Modric was...at this point, as I have done for the last two weeks, I can only cross my fingers and hope that Levy can survive this final round of filthy tactics. To think, Levy and Barnet apparently used to get on very well...this is the final Linda Blair pea-soup portion of it all from what I can see, and I wonder if the devil will ride out or be vanquished for another year.

Also Levy (to my knowledge) has never accepted a player exchange instead of money in any transfer.

And does anyone have any idea how they are gonna fit Bale, Ronaldo, Ozil and Isco into the same starting 11.
Lets be honest they dont really need Bale same way they didnt need Modric last year.

He's just a big name to appease the fans.

£31.5m + Frazier Campbell 8-[

Im not even sure why Bale would go - can he not see that he will fail over there just now (I think he will personally). He wont be first choice, the fans arent convinced so any sub par performance and he will be boo'd and he doesnt appear to be the strongest mentally (judging by the head turning abilities he seems to possess) and above all he will be such a small fish in a big ****ish brick pond.

His family should be advising that
His ****ish agent should be advising him of that

I hope we get a sell on clause

if he leaves now i see him back in England at City, Utd or Chelsea within 3 years, so yes its wise to include a sell on clause

however, usually a sell on clause is only realised if the player is sold at a profit. I think he will flop at Real and come back to England for far less than the 85 mill Real might pay, so the sell on clause would be useless in such a case.

Im not even sure why Bale would go - can he not see that he will fail over there just now (I think he will personally). He wont be first choice, the fans arent convinced so any sub par performance and he will be boo'd and he doesnt appear to be the strongest mentally (judging by the head turning abilities he seems to possess) and above all he will be such a small fish in a big ****ish brick pond.

His family should be advising that
His ****ish agent should be advising him of that

The agent has their heads.
Madrid have his wallet.
Zidane has seduced Bale along with Barnet.
Levy has a fight on his hands.

Notice how the player did not do much in Asia? Think of how much easier it is to destabilize the lad when he's kept away from his teammates and the banter of the squad, which he loves.

If he is going then lets buy players first. If other clubs know we have 80m plus in the bank they will elevate the price tags of their players.

Also Paulinho is quoted saying that he was told Bale would stay. How would it look to him if Bale then gets sold?

People think of the price tag of the player. Thing is when it comes to sponsoring the club, getting in champions league, merchandising and other financial gains, without Bale the club may receive lower values. So 80 then doesn't seem as much if your begin to lose money in the future.

We HAVE to keep him for another season. Whenever we come close to challenging for something we have to sell (berbatov, keane, modric)

If he really wants to go then what else can we do?

Worrying times.

Who's head has been turned? We have no real proof that Bale had even thought of moving let alone had his head turned. It seems the majority on here have had their head turned by the media's flimflam even though you sit here religiously and refuse to believe the press and the ITKs any other time.

Madrid have his wallet.

Notice how the player did not do much in Asia? Think of how much easier it is to destabilize the lad when he's kept away from his teammates and the banter of the squad, which he loves.

who kept him away???? i didnt know that his agent was one of AVB's assistants, or his parents were part of the medical staff, or Zidane was the coach driver

who physically stopped Bale from taking part and joining in with his teammates??

If he is going then lets buy players first. If other clubs know we have 80m plus in the bank they will elevate the price tags of their players.

Also Paulinho is quoted saying that he was told Bale would stay. How would it look to him if Bale then gets sold?

People think of the price tag of the player. Thing is when it comes to sponsoring the club, getting in champions league, merchandising and other financial gains, without Bale the club may receive lower values. So 80 then doesn't seem as much if your begin to lose money in the future.

We HAVE to keep him for another season. Whenever we come close to challenging for something we have to sell (berbatov, keane, modric)

If he really wants to go then what else can we do?

Worrying times.

toot late for Pauline...he has signed, he is a Spurs player, he will get over it if Bale goes. As a footballer he will understand that sometimes players want to leave and some offers are too big to refuse. 85 mill for Bale?? Pauline will understand the craziness of its all

Im not a big fan of stats but four assists dont tel the whole story. If you have brick strikers and a midfield who rarely score - you wont have many assists.

I agree to an extent but then I also wonder if that is not just as good reason to cash in for 90m?

I love Bale like I did Berba and Modric but I also believe there is a bigger picture and if Bale goes someone else will step up to the plate and the team in the grand scheme will not be any worse off.

If the overall make up of the team improves with the sale of Bale, i.e. strength to all areas then we may be better off as a team

Am I alone in thinking we could become a better balanced side with or without Gareth next season.

I am probably in the few that agrees on this.

For me its at a point now where the club needs to look at a long term picture and I am starting to wonder if the fight to keep Bale is worth it for one more season?? EVEN if we did keep him and make it into the Champions League next term, would we keep him should Real come sniffing or even Barca as they will finance another big signing next summer?? I doubt it because they will always be big draw clubs

For me the big picture would be to plan a longer term future that is based around a more balanced level of quality rather than concentrating on individual brilliance.

If we made a financial windfall of 90m and managed to spend 50m on a striker and a support player in the same mold as VDV the I honestly think we would become a stronger unit than last season

Who's head has been turned? We have no real proof that Bale had even thought of moving let alone had his head turned. It seems the majority on here have had their head turned by the media's flimflam even though you sit here religiously and refuse to believe the press and the ITKs any other time.

Oh come on mate - please dont be one of those in denial. There is a difference between panicking and saying he will definitely go etc etc etc and being in denial. You cannot deny that the guy has had his head turned.

All these stories cannot just be plucked out of thin air - yeah the manner of the stories (especially Marca****s) can be made up but you cant deny the jist of the stories and who is 'leaking' these. Silence is more deafening than noise.

Madrid have his wallet.

Levy is in a powerful position as he 'owns' Bale. RM havent made a bid yet so im unsure what the agents and Bale are even arguing about. If there is no bid a formal offer then how can the agents justify their stance.

I think at this meeting AVB should be involved to discuss the footballing side. He can speak from experience too - someone young, not much experience went to chelscum and didnt realise the political juggernaut he was involved with - RM are twice that

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by johnola

Am I alone in thinking we could become a better balanced side with or without Gareth next season.

For sure we could become a much better-balanced mid-table side.

Back