• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Some amusing comments on here, especially from James the Gooner who says Walcott is far better than Bale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21218472

Also said Bale doesnt score against top teams, ok then what about goals against United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and also goals in the CL

Seriously some people are utter bell-ends

Some of the arguments against him make no sense. When he scores against a big team, he's accused of only pulling it out against the big guns. When he scores against brick teams, he's accused of not bringing his game to the big games. What?

Take away Gareth Bale's 11 Premier League goals and Spurs would have 9 fewer points.

Take away Theo Walcott's 11 Premier League goals and Arsenal would have 2 fewer points.

I hope all the other clubs think that he's overrated. If the other clubs think that then we can look forward to him having a longer stay with us.

Agreed. MUCH better to have them underestimate than overestimate our players.

My only regret with him is that he is pretty selfish in the Ronaldo-way, but I actually think the rest of our team makes him look worse instead of revolving around to feed him goals. The likes of Walcott manage to score prolifically from great chances since Arsenal play faster, more fluid football in the final third, while Bale is usually stuck doing it all on his own. Imo if our other players were more intelligent, passed quicker and moved better off the ball, he'd get more space to thrive in and wouldn't have to beat five men to score a wondergoal every other game. I think he'd be less selfish with his shooting too if there was someone actually getting on the end of his balls.

But like I've said, I think Holtby plus (in-form) Ade will really help him.

Agreed. MUCH better to have them underestimate than overestimate our players.

My only regret with him is that he is pretty selfish in the Ronaldo-way, but I actually think the rest of our team makes him look worse instead of revolving around to feed him goals. The likes of Walcott manage to score prolifically from great chances since Arsenal play faster, more fluid football in the final third, while Bale is usually stuck doing it all on his own. Imo if our other players were more intelligent, passed quicker and moved better off the ball, he'd get more space to thrive in and wouldn't have to beat five men to score a wondergoal every other game. I think he'd be less selfish with his shooting too if there was someone actually getting on the end of his balls.

But like I've said, I think Holtby plus (in-form) Ade will really help him.

Um ... you do realise we'd likely not have won today were it not for his 'selfishness' ? It was clear from a very early stage that the most likely way we were going to win this game was if Bale continued to have a go, and so it proved.

So let's just celebrate the outcome of his selfishness and move on shall we?

Take away Gareth Bale's 11 Premier League goals and Spurs would have 9 fewer points.

Take away Theo Walcott's 11 Premier League goals and Arsenal would have 2 fewer points.

No doubt at first glance mot people would say - oh one man team.

Id like to think of it as Bale producing it at the important moments

Its actually cringeworthy how Arsenal "Fans" can even attempt to compare Walcott to Bale...

This.

I really hope he DOES stay in the summer...I agree with Skyfarer and Dubaispur that one more year (or two!!!!!!) would see him both be even better and win us a major trophy!

They get better

197. Topside Highbury
I think Bale and Wishire could play well together as Bale sort of plays the same role as Podolski so I wouldn't see a conflict. However, as I rate Podolski highly I'm not sure Bale would significantly improve our team at the moment. Dembele on the other hand...

192. James (Main Helmet)
Bale could be a sub for Chamberlain

163. James
Wheelchair is playing for his boyhood club. FYI, Bale supports Arsenal, he'd jump at the chance to play Champions League with his boyhood club too, but Wenger doesn't rate him that highly to take him to the emirates it seems. And yes, Arsenal are a bigger club than Spurs both on and off the pitch; financially, fanbase, trophies, FIFA standings?

Some fans of other teams may not rate him, but I'm sure every manager in the Prem would love to have him on their team sheet.

For many it's not his ability that's the problem, it's the massive hype in the media every time he plays well. I feel exactly the same way about Walcott, Rooney and loads more. They will then focus exclusively on everything that's negative, every missed shot or poor cross. Not unlike this place with some of our own players.

[h=4]201.[/h] BleuBlancRouge
5 MINUTES AGO@200 When he proves himself on the biggest stage i.e. the champions league then ok...to be the best, play amongst them and beat them.

!!!

bale is fantastic - some spurs fans called him a diver

i said he'd be better off where he was liked - eg man u or madrid

love Gareth, never doubted him unlike some

All of these are better than Bale apparently on the left...

BleuBlancRouge
3 Minutes ago

@209 As requested here is a list of top ten left wingers/left forewards (simply my opinion)

in no particular order;

Hazard
Ribery
Reus
Ronaldo
Di Maria
Turan
Giggs
El Sharawy
Pereira
whoever is picked on the elft for barca

Though some of these are more 'forward' minded, they cover the left picth and have no other player directly in front of them. You can argue for mata, silva, etc...

Adebayor’s return would still only leave Spurs with one fit striker and boss Andre Villas Boas revealed yesterday he is now considering playing matchwinner Gareth Bale as a striker at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine next week.

AVB said: “When we played pre-season he played alone in America. It is something he feels comfortable with.

“He gives us even that possibility for sure. It is something we have to look to.”

Villas Boas even suggested Spurs could emulate European and World Champions Spain by continuing without a striker.

He said: “We create a lot in terms of attacking football. There was a team who were world champions that play without a striker.

“It is within their culture. It is a bit different here in England but you just have to adapt to it in the best way you can.”

I guess no one considered the possibility of one of our 2 strikers getting injured.

I see no reason why Gareth Bale can't play centre forward to us. You think his school team kept him pegged on the flanks?

We're not even talking Total Football here. He has most of the attributes to be a top striker, if he spent a few months there I see no reason why he couldn't convert.

Maybe he is most effective wide left but is it better we play without an out and out left winger than an good enough striker?

Anyway, a bit of a moot point as Andre isn't going to play him as a centre forward, nor is he being pinned down behind the front man. It's a free role baby, and not a bad plan either.

Started in a central position during the start of the match and i do not think it was a coincidence that we looked poor.

Switched to the left and we were far better. He did not do well having his back to goal, he is at his best when he picks the ball up and runs with it. Amazing goal today.

Started in a central position during the start of the match and i do not think it was a coincidence that we looked poor.

Switched to the left and we were far better. He did not do well having his back to goal, he is at his best when he picks the ball up and runs with it. Amazing goal today.

I didn't think we looked poor, but that's a somewhat different discussion.

We have looked worse, or at least "as poor" with him on the left. Was that just a coincidence while today somehow wasn't?

What seems beyond coincidence is that his goal came when he was in a central (or even right sided) position and that the goal as it was scored most likely wouldn't have happened had he been wide left as he's much better at cutting inside onto his left foot.

Back