• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

That was some move, 3 touches, 10 seconds, goal

Reminded me a bit of that Rooney/Ronaldo counter attack goal which is considered one of the greatest goals in the Premiership era. Although in this case, Bale comes out with the most plaudits for his run and shot.

10 seconds of glory. Still more than most clubs get in their life-times. I have to keep on reminding myself of that on disappointing post-deadline days like this one.

Yup. We should all remind ourselves that every once in a while. Still regarded as one of Europe's elite, even without having won much silverware in recent years or financial superiority amongst the other big clubs.

Yup. We should all remind ourselves that every once in a while. Still regarded as one of Europe's elite, even without having won much silverware in recent years or financial superiority amongst the other big clubs.

Amen. Although in terms of relative gains, we have fallen behind recently. We used to be the fourth most successful club in England by trophies won, part of the Southern duo (the other club being the Arse) that challenged the United and Liverpool, the northerners, for supermacy. When I started watching us, we had fallen to fifth, with a considerable gap between us and Liverpool/United/Arsenal, with Villa taking our fourth spot. Now we're apparently sixth, behind United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa and Chelsea. Point being, I suppose, that we need to start winning trophies again, to reclaim our place in the hierarchy and then push upwards from there.

Still better than the 86 clubs below us have it, however, which, as you said, we should be grateful for.

I pray you're right.

Disagree with regards to RM though, he would be fantastic there...

RM is where he is going, of that I have no doubts and he will be fantastic there. That too I have no doubts about, but for me he is still learning his trade. He has the raw talent to be as good as say Ronaldo, I believe, but he still can't produce it on a regular enough basis yet to be put in the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo. His relative inexperience sometimes leads to him over elaborating or shooting when he should not in my opinion.

Ronaldo is actually good comparison in that he started off at Utd doing stepovers and the like for the sake of it, but by the time he joined RM his every move had a singular purpose to it. He was using those skills at the right time to deceive the defender and skin him. He learned or was coached into doing the right thing at the right time, and this is where I see Bale falling down. If he goes to RM and has one good game in three or four he will be slaughtered by an unforgiving crowd. One more year at Spurs and he'll still get his move to the Bernabeu and be a more rounded player as a result.

That's what I think anyway.

Yeah the top teams rate the League Cup so highly they field their strongest second eleven.

Neither Arsenal or Chelsea fielded second strings in their pursuit of this competition this season. There has been a bit of a sea change in clubs deciding that they actually want to win a Cup for a change. Even a realisation that Fans want their clubs to win a trophy as oppposed to just finish in the top 4. Pity it hasn't filtered down to the players, i.e Verts, etc last Sunday.

Neither Arsenal or Chelsea fielded second strings in their pursuit of this competition this season. There has been a bit of a sea change in clubs deciding that they actually want to win a Cup for a change. Even a realisation that Fans want their clubs to win a trophy as oppposed to just finish in the top 4. Pity it hasn't filtered down to the players, i.e Verts, etc last Sunday.

maybe AVB knows the limitations of the squad and is focusing entirely on the league (despite what he says)

The amount of a abuse he gets from Spurs fans as well is unreal. As English football fans we have appear to have an underlying issue about supporting Grafters and cloggers over players with actual genuine football ability.

I believe you are making this up. Yes maybe he gets a bit of stick from a couple of hundred posters on GG, fudge it, it's not even that many as most defend him! I don't see anyone at lane giving him stick for diving, quite the opposite actually.

I don't deny he gets kicked, but his goal against Norwich was a perfect example that dispels the myth that it only takes slight contact to knock quick players to the ground. He rode a hefty challenge from Tettey and managed to stay on his feet and ultimately score a world class. And that is why Spurs fans get annoyed when he dives on occasion because he has the ability to score goals like that.

The sooner that Bale gets out of this country the better for him

He is an absolutely fantastic talent, and has to put up with people kicking him left , right and centre. It's a disgrace.

He should either go to Spain where he'll be appreciated, or go to UTd where he'll get protection.

The refs in this country make me sick.

Have you seen Real Madrid play mate? If he ends up at Barca he will absolutely get kicked in every el clasico just like Messi does.

RM is where he is going, of that I have no doubts and he will be fantastic there. That too I have no doubts about, but for me he is still learning his trade. He has the raw talent to be as good as say Ronaldo, I believe, but he still can't produce it on a regular enough basis yet to be put in the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo. His relative inexperience sometimes leads to him over elaborating or shooting when he should not in my opinion.

Ronaldo is actually good comparison in that he started off at Utd doing stepovers and the like for the sake of it, but by the time he joined RM his every move had a singular purpose to it. He was using those skills at the right time to deceive the defender and skin him. He learned or was coached into doing the right thing at the right time, and this is where I see Bale falling down. If he goes to RM and has one good game in three or four he will be slaughtered by an unforgiving crowd. One more year at Spurs and he'll still get his move to the Bernabeu and be a more rounded player as a result.

That's what I think anyway.

Agree 100%.

I know some people disagree with me on the following point, but I think AVB/set-up right now has really helped Bale hohn his skills (and develop his concentration/effectiveness even in quiet games) much more this season, and another season under this tutelage would really see him blossom further. But he will do well at Madrid (if it does go through) regardless...

Some amusing comments on here, especially from James the Gooner who says Walcott is far better than Bale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21218472

Also said Bale doesnt score against top teams, ok then what about goals against United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and also goals in the CL

Seriously some people are utter bell-ends

I remember just after Bale scored a hattrick against Inter Milan at the San Siro, I had a few Man Utd fans say to me that Bebe is better because Man Utd bought him for £8m and Bale plays for Spurs. :lol:

Just a brilliant player. But remember everyone, 'he's only ever had two good games against Inter... Massively overrated'.

I hope all the other clubs think that he's overrated. If the other clubs think that then we can look forward to him having a longer stay with us.

Back