• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I didn't think we looked poor, but that's a somewhat different discussion.

We have looked worse, or at least "as poor" with him on the left. Was that just a coincidence while today somehow wasn't?

What seems beyond coincidence is that his goal came when he was in a central (or even right sided) position and that the goal as it was scored most likely wouldn't have happened had he been wide left as he's much better at cutting inside onto his left foot.

That's not 'beyond coincidence', that's what happens when a team goes down to ten men. They are forced to give away space.

Just saying how i saw it. I do not want to play Bale up front, i think his best attributes would be wasted at this stage.

My United supporting mate has been going on about how overrated he is due to not having a right foot :rolleyes:

Scores against big teams? Goals in his career against United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Inter Milan. Check. Can't be called a flat track bully.

Scores against the smaller teams so can't be accused of only turning it on against thr top teams.

Scored at all the big grounds bar Anfield and Stamford Bridge.

Done it in the CL.

Scores with his head.

Scores with his left and right foot.

I'm sorry, what exactly is the arguement that he's overrated based on?

i suspect that AVB will grooming Bale into a striker in the mould of Porto's Hulk.

It's certainly a thought.

Very interesting to see who he will go for in the summer and what direction he'll take us in if that is the case.

We put Bale central. I imagine we'll go for a more inverted style with either Dempsey/Siggy/Holtby playing left.

Yh, by the looks of it thats the plan, only i think that Benny bein back means we can have natural attacking width from both full-backs, so bale is now more free to cut inside from his starting position on the left [which happened in the second half today when holtby came on]...if you put sandro, kaboul and a decent striker into the team we had out in the second half today and you have the Villas-Boas set-up/personnel.

Last edited:

Bale's 13 goals so far this season equals his total tally from 2011-12.

His 11th Premier League goal this season sets a new personal record, beating his 10 scored last season.

Bale has now scored 33 Premier League goals in 134 appearances, giving him a strike-rate of a goal for every 4.06 games played.

Gareth Bale Statistics

.....oh and on a side note. without wanting to cause any trouble. Bale has been on this road for a very long time. longer than this season infact IMO.

Bale is our main hope to keep us in the top 4 ....if he gets injured we are in trouble

RVP started as a wide left player that liked to drift inside. Look at him now. Dont see why Bale cant continue to develop further in the same way and contribute more than 20 goals a season from a more central position

Bale is our main hope to keep us in the top 4 ....if he gets injured we are in trouble

RVP started as a wide left player that liked to drift inside. Look at him now. Dont see why Bale cant continue to develop further in the same way and contribute more than 20 goals a season from a more central position

I think he'd do better developing in the RVP direction than trying to emulate C. Ronaldo, to be honest.
Bale is at his best when he's more direct and don't try too many tricks, IMO.

That said, it was an awesome piece of skill when he lobbed the ball over that WBA player's head and speeded past him yesterday. GIF, anyone?

He really has stepped up another level this season. He is only 30 goals a season away from being our very own Ronaldo. It does however make me cringe when he does the Ronaldo technique on freekick.

Is he not better, starting from deep and driving forward into space to counter attack and shoot or whip in the ball ? He's not one to sit, find space receive and shoot. Not saying he couldn't do the latter, but he seems more of a threat running at pace from deep.

Is he not better, starting from deep and driving forward into space to counter attack and shoot or whip in the ball ? He's not one to sit, find space receive and shoot. Not saying he couldn't do the latter, but he seems more of a threat running at pace from deep.

Henry was the same. Who remembers DAT goal against us? As well as the goals he scored against the likes of Liverpool and Real Madrid etc.

Back