• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

First of all, few players in football are on the end of such repeatedly negative challenges as Bale. Secondly, if referees looked at the player challenging and booked them when they make no attempt to play the ball (Sidwell at Fulham, Agger, yesterday) then these players would be forced into the novel concept of actually trying to play the ball or make a legal attempt to win it. What a concept. Gardner was only near Bale's balls FFS! As for the Guzman incident, I am comfortable that he pulled out (at the last second) from a wild swing through the ball/man (you can see him pull his leg back at the last second) and Bale jumped out of the way what he thought was coming. had I been ref, I'd have had a word with BOTH players and moved on. End of story. Yes, by the current scope, JD had to be booked for that. As for your assertion that Bale 'rolls around' have you ever seen a player get sent-off because he stayed on the floor rolling around from a dive? I think not. Look, I wish you'd just accept that people see this differently and stop persisting in this crusade to educate us. i mean I'm immature enough to respond every time, hut frankly it must be getting tedious for both of us!!!! :lol:

I'm not trying to educate anybody, I'm just pointing out that you and many others on here are ridiculously blinkered and only see football as a Spurs fan. Of course it's admirable sticking up for your players, I do it when other teams fans have a dig at us, but sometimes you have to admit when your player does something wrong.
Although you did admit Defoe dived so that's a start :lol:

So just because a player has never been sent off because of Bale rolling around that makes it ok?

You dodged the question the first time so I'll ask it again, how would you feel if Lloris was booked for doing the same as Guzan i.e. come for the ball, not touch the player but the player goes to ground despite there being no contact whatsover and Lloris was booked?

I'm not trying to educate anybody, I'm just pointing out that you and many others on here are ridiculously blinkered and only see football as a Spurs fan. Of course it's admirable sticking up for your players, I do it when other teams fans have a dig at us, but sometimes you have to admit when your player does something wrong.

So just because a player has never been sent off because of Bale rolling around that makes it ok?

You dodged the question the first time so I'll ask it again, how would you feel if Lloris was booked for doing the same as Guzan i.e. come for the ball, not touch the player but the player goes to ground despite there being no contact whatsover and Lloris was booked?

Jurgen the German - Guzan wasnt booked so the hypothetical example already failed. However if Guzan was booked I would say it was fudgein harsh, and blame the referee as we all saw that Bale hadnt been touched.

We all know in that incident it was a 'dive' but Bale didnt try to con the ref - he didnt wave his arms in the air or roll around etc. He dived simply because he is a pansy. An impending collision and you will try to jump out the way. When youre driving and a cat comes rushing out - what do you do? swerve out the way or if a car comes out of left field but not too near you what do you do? swerve out the way.

Jurgen the German - Guzan wasnt booked so the hypothetical example already failed. However if Guzan was booked I would say it was fudgein harsh, and blame the referee as we all saw that Bale hadnt been touched.

We all know in that incident it was a 'dive' but Bale didnt try to con the ref - he didnt wave his arms in the air or roll around etc. He dived simply because he is a pansy. An impending collision and you will try to jump out the way. When youre driving and a cat comes rushing out - what do you do? swerve out the way or if a car comes out of left field but not too near you what do you do? swerve out the way.

It was a hypothetical question, but no one wants to answer it. It's because they would be furious if Lloris got booked.

And I don't remember Chamakh and Nasri rolling around when they dived against us at the lane in the league cup a few years back, but people were still up in arms that they both got penalties.

It was a hypothetical question, but no one wants to answer it. It's because they would be furious if Lloris got booked.

And I don't remember Chamakh and Nasri rolling around when they dived against us at the lane in the league cup a few years back, but people were still up in arms that they both got penalties.

The question is so hypothetical it is not worth answering. If a decision is wrong then clearly supporters would get upset.

Would you be upset if Bale was clearly fouled in the penalty area and didnt get a penalty?

I won't accuse a player of doing something he hasn't done, and I won't conjure up a bizarre series of impossible biomechanical movements which the layer should learn in order to get decisions he should be getting.

I didn't dodge any question BTW, I have no reason to dodge your questions because they are easy to answer. I must've missed it. So, in answer to your bizarre hypothetical point, if Lloris came charging out and shaped to kick through a player but pulled out a la Guzan and got booked for intent, I'd absolutely accept it. In fact, you can make note of this and throw it at me in the future if necessary. Frankly, if we want to cut out 'diving' we could do with also curbing the intent on the other side, thus the Aggers of this world should be booked when they shape up to lump the hit out of someone and pull out at the last second.

I won't accuse a player of doing something he hasn't done, and I won't conjure up a bizarre series of impossible biomechanical movements which the layer should learn in order to get decisions he should be getting.

I didn't dodge any question BTW, I have no reason to dodge your questions because they are easy to answer. I must've missed it. So, in answer to your bizarre hypothetical point, if Lloris came charging out and shaped to kick through a player but pulled out a la Guzan and got booked for intent, I'd absolutely accept it. In fact, you can make note of this and throw it at me in the future if necessary. Frankly, if we want to cut out 'diving' we could do with also curbing the intent on the other side, thus the Aggers of this world should be booked when they shape up to lump the hit out of someone and pull out at the last second.

Each to their own. I wouldn't be happy if a Spurs player got booked and he didn't touch the opposition player.

As for your comment about the likes of Agger, I agree there are plenty of players who the refs will be lenient towards, see Fellaini or any Stoke player. I've got no problem with tough tackling, at the end of the day it's football not flower arranging, but as long as the tackles are clean and one footed.

:ross:

[video=youtube;xSLxa3MYMcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLxa3MYMcw[/video]

I would suggest that clip is the exception that proves the rule, have a look at this one:

[video=youtube;I0gS5CshUDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0gS5CshUDE[/video]

Please can I ask for Spurs fans to stop today with singing Gareth Bale, he scores when he wants, tossest song ever !!!!

Dive in! Real Madrid ready to offer Gareth Bale an escape from Spurs controversy

La Liga giants are confident of landing the Welsh winger who has been booked five times for simulation

Real Madrid believe they can tempt Gareth Bale to quit England – because of his growing reputation as a diver.

The Tottenham winger, who has picked up five yellow cards for play-acting since last season, reckons he is being victimised by match officials.

He has told friends that Madrid is his first choice if he ever leaves White Hart Lane and Bernabeu chiefs are now growing in confidence that they could sign him at the end of the season.

Bale believes he is being singled out by Premier League referees, and Madrid intend to use his growing frustration to their advantage. Spurs are sticking a £60million price-tag on the head of their Welsh international, but that will not deter the La Liga giants from stepping up their interest.

Cristiano Ronaldo’s future is uncertain as he is being linked with a big-money move to mega-rich Paris Saint-Germain and, if he leaves, Bale will be Real’s No.1 choice to replace him.

Bale, 23, believes Madrid would suit him better than Barcelona and has even joked to pals in the past that he will take them to live with him if he goes to Spain.

He signed a new four-year contract at Tottenham in June but, if he continues to pick up cautions for diving, he could find Madrid more tempting than ever.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/real-madrid-ready-to-offer-gareth-1521387?

If he continues to pick up cautions for diving he could find Madrid temping? WTF? Awful journalism.

Please can I ask for Spurs fans to stop today with singing Gareth Bale, he scores when he wants, tossest song ever !!!!

Imo not as toss as just chanting bale bale bale bale... Imo that makes both him and us seem a bit er special, and not in a good way!! It's the lamest chant/song ever!

Say he goes to Madrid in the summer, where exactly would he play, I mean Ronaldo and him basically play in the same position

Pops up on the left massively though

hmm thats a good point...especially as he likes to put the ball on his right foot for a shot.

i'm sure they will find a way.....bale on the left coming into the center.....or bale at left back marauding forward.......or bale should just score less goals and leave that to the best players in the world.

but i can see what you mean , as things stand now someone will get in someone else's way. cause bale cant regularly come off his line and get more central as ronaldo has already drifted into that position....and if bale tucks in more narrow on his movement would that make ronaldo more or less inclined to pass the ball to bale ? and wouldnt that take away from ronaldo scoring goals?

they will clearly have to change the system a touch

Back