• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

The thing is, if I take a swing at you and stop my fist inches before your face, you are going to flinch. Bale flinched. He saw the keeper, and took measures to protect himself.

Look at him once he's on the ground. Is he rolling over in pain? Is he appealing for a free? No. He's sliding on the ground, and ready to get on with the game.

It's a dive, but not a "dive" in that he's not trying to win a free, he's just trying to protect himself from injury.

If he grabbed his shin and rolled around, then chased the ref demanding action, then that would be something worth getting upset over.

But are you willing to accept that if every player went to ground because they anticpiate contact that football would become perfection? You'd get about 5 or 6 bookings for diving in every game, and players would get wrongly booked/sent off for not touching the other player. Let me put it this way, how would you all feel if the Villa keeper was booked for that incident bearing in mind there was no contact? How would you feel if Lloris was booked for the exact same thing and a scum player did what Bale did in that game?

And are people seriously saying they've never seen Bale roll around? He doesn't do it after a dive, but he we've all seen him stay on the floor for a couple of minutes writhing in agony, then get up and play the rest of the game with no problem.

As for the last point, what did you make of Defoe's dive? There was zero chance that he was doing that to avoid injury.

The Real Madrid one was a blatent dive - although he did that annoying thing that many players seem to do now where they leave their foot behind to ensure there is contact (albeit after they are already going down).

I think the Villa one was a genuine attempt to get out of the way of a possible clattering. The way he pulls his leg away from the swing of the boot that he anticipates from Guzman shows this.

The Sunderland was a penalty all day long. I don't think he exagerated his fall either.... He simply got kneed in his knee and a hand across him for good measure. All Bale did was fall to the floor after the knee hit him (which I think would've been enough to knock him off balance).

Compare Bale's reactions to the one from Carzola against West Brom when he rolled around holding his shin despite no contact at all. Now THAT was a proper dive.

The Real Madrid one was a blatent dive - although he did that annoying thing that many players seem to do now where they leave their foot behind to ensure there is contact (albeit after they are already going down).

I think the Villa one was a genuine attempt to get out of the way of a possible clattering. The way he pulls his leg away from the swing of the boot that he anticipates from Guzman shows this.

The Sunderland was a penalty all day long. I don't think he exagerated his fall either.... He simply got kneed in his knee and a hand across him for good measure. All Bale did was fall to the floor after the knee hit him (which I think would've been enough to knock him off balance).

Compare Bale's reactions to the one from Carzola against West Brom when he rolled around holding his shin despite no contact at all. Now THAT was a proper dive.

It wasn't a dive. Adebayor's foot was too high and he clearly made contact with Cazorla. I won't argue he exaggerated it and Wheelchair added fuel to the fire, but he got a deserved red in my opinion. He may have got away with it at the lane though.

EDIT: My mistake, I misread your post. Yeah that dive against West Brom was a shocker.

Last edited:

I agree, but you'll still get people defending him for the Madrid one or the Villa one which is the worst of the lot.

Which is damn wrong. Those and Liverpool last season are the only times I think he has dived/simulated for us and not been touched.

It wasn't a dive. Adebayor's foot was too high and he clearly made contact with Cazorla. I won't argue he exaggerated it and Wheelchair added fuel to the fire, but he got a deserved red in my opinion. He may have got away with it at the lane though.

I think that Finney is referring to this shameful bit of play acting by Cazorla where dived and then feigned injury against West Brom, it was so bad that ARSEne almost apologised for it!

[video=youtube;VwO1djinl0A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwO1djinl0A[/video]

Which is damn wrong. Those and Liverpool last season are the only times I think he has dived/simulated for us and not been touched.

Do have to wonder if Dowd had that dive against Agger in February in the back of his mind when he booked Bale for diving in the November game, as presumably he reviewed our previous games. Or perhaps it's just a case of luck evening out.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/BaleDive.gif

Last edited:

He meant this:

cazorladive.gif

He did indeed. Pathetic. Which is why I find it funny when scum fans call Bale out and say how "WE" should ashamed. get to fudge.

i can't take any Scum fan seriously when they dig us out over Bale - it's as though the last 15 years or whatever have been erased from their memory

TOTTENHAM SLAP £60M PRICE TAG ON REAL MADRID TARGET

Gareth Bale was in outstanding form for Tottenham yesterday during their 2-1 victory over Sunderland and it is his superb displays that have led to suggestions that Real Madrid want to land the Welsh international.

However Spurs chairman Daniel Levy told Mirror Football that the Spanish champions will have to pay an incredible £60 million for their star man.

Real were thought to be setting the groundwork for a transfer after making him their number one target this summer and they are keen to avoid the transfer saga that saw Luka Modric arrive in Madrid.

The ‘partnership agreement’ between the two sides signed as part of the Modric deal was thought to make it easier for Real to sign Bale but Levy is determined to get value for money for his main player.

The 23-year-old joined Spurs from Southampton in 2007 for £7 million and after a few average years, he has adjusted to life in the Premier League and emerged as one of the finest wingers in the world.

Andre Villas-Boas will be desperate to keep Bale but if Real match Levy’s £60m valuation he could be playing at the Bernabeu next season.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.c...nham-slap-60m-price-tag-on-real-madrid-target

-------------------------------------------------

I think we should put a even bigger price tag on Bale just to keep away other clubs. More like 100m !

Them bastard Russian teams spend like £40m on the likes of Hulk. Do you think there is anything stopping them bidding for Bale for like £60m

But are you willing to accept that if every player went to ground because they anticpiate contact that football would become perfection? You'd get about 5 or 6 bookings for diving in every game, and players would get wrongly booked/sent off for not touching the other player. Let me put it this way, how would you all feel if the Villa keeper was booked for that incident bearing in mind there was no contact? How would you feel if Lloris was booked for the exact same thing and a scum player did what Bale did in that game?

And are people seriously saying they've never seen Bale roll around? He doesn't do it after a dive, but he we've all seen him stay on the floor for a couple of minutes writhing in agony, then get up and play the rest of the game with no problem.

As for the last point, what did you make of Defoe's dive? There was zero chance that he was doing that to avoid injury.

First of all, few players in football are on the end of such repeatedly negative challenges as Bale. Secondly, if referees looked at the player challenging and booked them when they make no attempt to play the ball (Sidwell at Fulham, Agger, yesterday) then these players would be forced into the novel concept of actually trying to play the ball or make a legal attempt to win it. What a concept. Gardner was only near Bale's balls FFS! As for the Guzman incident, I am comfortable that he pulled out (at the last second) from a wild swing through the ball/man (you can see him pull his leg back at the last second) and Bale jumped out of the way what he thought was coming. had I been ref, I'd have had a word with BOTH players and moved on. End of story. Yes, by the current scope, JD had to be booked for that. As for your assertion that Bale 'rolls around' have you ever seen a player get sent-off because he stayed on the floor rolling around from a dive? I think not. Look, I wish you'd just accept that people see this differently and stop persisting in this crusade to educate us. i mean I'm immature enough to respond every time, hut frankly it must be getting tedious for both of us!!!! :lol:

Watch him after the Ade challenge. A fudging disgrace. And he knew. He was getting no space in the game at all. It was the only way he could engineer any. That Ade gave him the excuse is undeniable. That he took it and squeezed it for every last con drop is equally-so. Funny how similar challenges since have been yellows, largely because the player on the other end got up and got on with it. I fudging hate Arsenal and hope we have our fully-fit first 11 when we play them as I want them to get fudging smashed.

Them bastard Russian teams spend like £40m on the likes of Hulk. Do you think there is anything stopping them bidding for Bale for like £60m

That is why we should put something like 100m price tag on Bale. But don't think Bale will want to go to Russia even for big money. I think the only clubs outside England that he may join are either Real Madrid or Barcelona. For now, I am happy about the 60m price tag as most clubs will be reluctant to pay that much, except for maybe ManCity.

Back