• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

And Bale was a huge jinx for half a season anyway

Wow, you remember how close he was to joining forest? Then Benny gets injured and six months later Bale is driving us to a Champions League spot..... Ten months on and he is owning the European champions.

Bale has his head screwed on, has strong family and is guided well by his dad. He had has much to do with getting him o Spurs as anywhere else. Also a reason why he's not gone abroad either. He was indeed a great prospect when he joined us, speed and also his left foot from set pieces - which we actually haven't seen as much as we should. But the power he has when he just surges, that's come as he has matured . And that's the thing making him stand out in world football.

Wow, you remember how close he was to joining forest? Then Benny gets injured and six months later Bale is driving us to a Champions League spot..... Ten months on and he is owning the European champions.

Bale has his head screwed on, has strong family and is guided well by his dad. He had has much to do with getting him o Spurs as anywhere else. Also a reason why he's not gone abroad either. He was indeed a great prospect when he joined us, speed and also his left foot from set pieces - which we actually haven't seen as much as we should. But the power he has when he just surges, that's come as he has matured . And that's the thing making him stand out in world football.

Absolutely bang on.
Thank Levy for the loan deal not going through, and you're bang on again about the family.
As for the last bit, I genuinely believe that AVB has helped him in terms of said-bursts being more effectively timed and placed i.e. not every single time he gets the ball, turn and go...now there is method to it, very much helped by the shape of the team...

All the journo's on Sunday Supplement all say that Bale didnt dive, the ref yesterday got it massively wrong and continue to get things wrong..

- Bale was fouled twice, so a pen but it wasnt given - Incorrect decision
- Bale was booked for diving - Incorrect decision
- Gardener shouldve been booked when fouling Bale - Incorrect decision

Atkinson got 3 massive decisions wrong in one incident and as we know nothing will happen to him but weve lost our star player for an important game because of his ineptitude

And John Richardson. What a helmet.

"I think Fergie will go either at the end of this season, or next"

The rest of the studio were keen to uncover more of this ITK gem, and asked him for his reasons / source

"Oh, it's just a feeling I have", he replied

What a fudging bellend

:yawn:

That's right. He really should work harder on how he falls...doesn't anyone recognize the irony of saying stuff like this? THAT would make him a cheat!!!!

Im sorry I do not fudgein get this whole left his leg trailing gonads.

The guy aint a fudging dog where his legs move forwards at the same time. When you run you will ALWAYS have one leg trailing the other.

What the fudge.

I think it was a foul and a pen, unfortunately I also think it looked a bit like a dive because he left that leg trailing.

The contact was from the side and was enough to impede him, but it wouldn't have been enough (IMO) to stop all forward movement of the leg. The way he fell made it look like to he was leaving it there for contact to be made - much like Ashley Young does so well.

I think he was unlucky but ref blew for his reputation, not the fact of the matter.

Anyway, game of opinions so no need for the aggro, chaps. :)

All the journo's on Sunday Supplement all say that Bale didnt dive, the ref yesterday got it massively wrong and continue to get things wrong..

- Bale was fouled twice, so a pen but it wasnt given - Incorrect decision
- Bale was booked for diving - Incorrect decision
- Gardener shouldve been booked when fouling Bale - Incorrect decision

Atkinson got 3 massive decisions wrong in one incident and as we know nothing will happen to him but weve lost our star player for an important game because of his ineptitude

While I agree Bale has not done himself any favours by stating on MOTD last night that once there is contact it is a free kick or a penalty, that it complete and utter rubbish. He wants to become a world class player so maybe he should take a lesson from Messi, a player who does not drop to the ground as soon as someone touches him.

Anyone remember the swan dive at the Lane earlier this season when he went down when an opposing goal keeper ran out of the penalty area to intercept the ball. There was no challenge from the keeper and Bale went down. Acts like that influence refs in future incidents even though we all know each incident should be judged on its own merit. Bale does himself no favours. While he was unfairly booked yesterday and against Fulham he has been fairly booked for diving on 2 occasions this season

While I agree Bale has not done himself any favours by stating on MOTD last night that once there is contact it is a free kick or a penalty, that it complete and utter rubbish. He wants to become a world class player so maybe he should take a lesson from Messi, a player who does not drop to the ground as soon as someone touches him.

Anyone remember the swan dive at the Lane earlier this season when he went down when an opposing goal keeper ran out of the penalty area to intercept the ball. There was no challenge from the keeper and Bale went down. Acts like that influence refs in future incidents even though we all know each incident should be judged on its own merit. Bale does himself no favours. While he was unfairly booked yesterday and against Fulham he has been fairly booked for diving on 2 occasions this season

If it was unfair yesterday and fulham that leaves just the Liverpool one, and that was a foul too. The Guzman one was bad and he didn't get booked for that

While I agree Bale has not done himself any favours by stating on MOTD last night that once there is contact it is a free kick or a penalty, that it complete and utter rubbish.

didn't he just say that if there is contact then it can't be a dive? which, i believe, is correct - to the letter of the law and rather different to saying contact automatically means a penalty/free kick or a foul ?

the rule seems rather ambiguous to me and until someone clears it up you will get players trying to take advantage. we've seen players like Bale and Lennon constantly get taken out over the years so i can see why Bale tries to make a meal of things as a lot of the time referees just ignore the fouls completely.

:ross:

[video=youtube;xSLxa3MYMcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLxa3MYMcw[/video]

I don't see why his leg suddenly goes completely limp at the faintest of touches. It CAN be a foul AND unnecessary simulation at the same time.

Aguero is the man. Just love the way he stayed on his feet in the absolute last seconds of a season full of dives to score such an iconic goal.

This has all got a bit muddied because people are assuming a dive will not ever follow a foul. If a player fouls another it is a foul.... regardless of whether the player then exaggerates the fall, or whether he makes out a different kind of contact than there actually was.

What does not help is the exaggeration that has gone on, whether in the tackle, earlier in the game, or a previous game. If players were 100% honest in admitted a fault then we wouldn't have this. I'm not expecting this will ever happen, just pointing out that the way Bale goes down doesn't help him in the long run. It would be good to see refs giving a bit more time before blowing up and to see some of these attackers immediately jumping o their feet and making some sort of gesture to say "fair tackle ref", but I suppose with high stakes and all it's a case of taking what you can cos there will be days like yesterday when it goes against you.

Also, Gareth Bale is far far better equipped than me to make a call but I disagree that contact = foul. The foul is commited if play is impeeded. So you can check the label inside a players shirt if you like so long as his movement isn't restricted but the moment you start obstructing his path, or preventing him from moving, then it's a foul. If contact actually sends Bale over then it's a foul but if he goes over when he is able to keep his balance, and remain largely as composed as before the impact, then it's not a foul.

If referees weren't so useless at their jobs then players wouldn't have to exaggerate to get fouls in the first place....

I think it was a foul and a pen, unfortunately I also think it looked a bit like a dive because he left that leg trailing.

The contact was from the side and was enough to impede him, but it wouldn't have been enough (IMO) to stop all forward movement of the leg. The way he fell made it look like to he was leaving it there for contact to be made - much like Ashley Young does so well.

I think he was unlucky but ref blew for his reputation, not the fact of the matter.

Anyway, game of opinions so no need for the aggro, chaps. :)

That right there is why the ref should be punished SEVERELY.

You cant go on a fudgein pitch and referee based on reputations. That is not only unethical but goes against everything that a referee should be i.e. fair and objective.

if players are going to be punished for 'diving' because they anticipate a foul etc then referees should be punished for assuming that someone has dived. it works both ways.

I have said this before and will say it again REFEREES NEED TO BE fudgeIN PUNISHED THEY SEEM TO BE IMMUNE FROM ANYTHING.

If referees weren't so useless at their jobs then players wouldn't have to exaggerate to get fouls in the first place....

That's more than a bit harsh.

The refs have a very difficult job trying to determine, in a split second, whether or not a foul has been committed. It's inevitable that they will occasionally, if not frequently, make mistakes.

That's more than a bit harsh.

The refs have a very difficult job trying to determine, in a split second, whether or not a foul has been committed. It's inevitable that they will occasionally, if not frequently, make mistakes.

Ok, let's negate away from me calling them useless which I still believe many of them are! If the referees called fouls correctly on a more frequent basis, players wouldn't feel the need to over emphasise the fact that contact has been made and trust that the ref will call the foul without having to launch themselves to the ground....

That right there is why the ref should be punished SEVERELY.

You cant go on a fudgein pitch and referee based on reputations. That is not only unethical but goes against everything that a referee should be i.e. fair and objective.

if players are going to be punished for 'diving' because they anticipate a foul etc then referees should be punished for assuming that someone has dived. it works both ways.

I have said this before and will say it again REFEREES NEED TO BE fudgeIN PUNISHED THEY SEEM TO BE IMMUNE FROM ANYTHING.

Look at the ref, Atkinson, has massive previous with us anyhow, the guy is one of the worst

IT WAS A FOUL. IT WAS A PENALTY.

How much clearer do you Anti-Balites need it to be?

IT WAS A FOUL. IT WAS A PENALTY.

How much clearer do you Anti-Balites need it to be?

As much as I agree with the fact that it was a foul and a penalty , do you honestly think that any Spurs fan on this forum is an "Anti Bailite?" honestly??

Back