• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

He'd go for between 50-60 million. He's a freak, a one off, probably the best player you'll ever see in a Spurs shirt. It actually makes sense to spend £30 million bringing in some more quality during the window to go as far as we can to guaranteeing CL football, and not bring turnips like Saha and Nelsen like Redknapp did last year. I.E. bring in players who can put the ball in the net after he's run 60 yards and put it on a plate for them. If we don't make it, we'll recoup the money from the sale of Bale. And he will leave if we don't make it and he'd be right to leave because he should be playing in a CL team. The only way to keep him is to become a club that qualifies for the CL every year and competes for the title.

Correction, Bale was definitely clipped but it was the way he went down that made it look like a dive

getting knocked in the knee after the player has past you is legal? in this case it was a trailing leg what if it were the supporting leg? both ways it would have affected the players' balance and run.

Maybe about everything else but not about Real Madrid transfer targets. They're effectively the club's mouthpiece.

Right.

Still it's not unexpected for them to bid on him. It's just a question of what Bale wants to do really.

getting knocked in the knee after the player has past you is legal? in this case it was a trailing leg what if it were the supporting leg? both ways it would have affected the players' balance and run.

I dont think people realise that a foul is a fudgein foul - how the fudge he goes down is irrelevant. if someone decided to hack Bale and on his way down he did a fudgein summersault I couldnt fudgein care less A FOUL IS A FOUL the same as a CRAH IS A CRASH and ACCIDENT is an ACCIDENT. No matter how small or major a contact is A FOUL IS A FOUL.

fudges sakes.

(By the way the standing leg and he would have been injured as it was knee shoved against Bales knee and you could see the leg bend a bit inwards and that was his trailing leg)

Yep.

A real coup. Comolli prepared to back his judgement of the player while no one else, including Fergie, would.

those were early days with regards to the value of young players and I believe we benefited from the tribunal awarding us a compensation much lesser than what southampton wanted. comolli may have made the offer, but it was Levy's corporate stewardship and legal team that helped us close the deal too.

What are the three incidents he's been booked for?

Fulham away
Liverpool home
Sunderland away

I think he's been clipped on all 3

The Guzman one, worse of the lot he didn't get booked for

I dont think people realise that a foul is a fudgein foul - how the fudge he goes down is irrelevant. if someone decided to hack Bale and on his way down he did a fudgein summersault I couldnt fudgein care less A FOUL IS A FOUL the same as a CRAH IS A CRASH and ACCIDENT is an ACCIDENT. No matter how small or major a contact is A FOUL IS A FOUL.

fudges sakes.

(By the way the standing leg and he would have been injured as it was knee shoved against Bales knee and you could see the leg bend a bit inwards and that was his trailing leg)

totally agree. I think in england the commonfolk and the refs are confusing football with rugby!

think what happens after Bale pasts the player - he needs to be perfectly balanced to do a sharp turn and a shot across his body to goal.
if he continues and trips up, he'd look like a clumsy oaf and the penalty would be denied. good times to be a defender. bad for the future of English foootball.

those were early days with regards to the value of young players and I believe we benefited from the tribunal awarding us a compensation much lesser than what southampton wanted. comolli may have made the offer, but it was Levy's corporate stewardship and legal team that helped us close the deal too.

The Levys and Bales have a strong relationship, there is great mutual friendship and respect between the two parties.

I can't remember any kind of tribunal being required. Bale was still under contract.

Spurs made an offer. Southampton accepted it.

Original agreement was for a £5 million up front payment followed by a further £5 million, payable in instalments as and when certain milestones were reached. That was subsequently modified and reduced by £2.5 million because Southampton were in dire financial straits and needed immediate cash - which Spurs were happy to pay.

But the main point, in terms of this discussion, is that Comolli was prepared to back his judgement and to pay a high price for the player when no one else was.

As we've said before, thank Harry for breaking the jinx, and Bale finally showed what we could see he could do before his long term injuries.

We should be ok v Reading without him, who'd play left midfield this game, Siggy ? Or Benny at LB and push Naughton forward (I'd try it, but v unlikely) ?

As we've said before, thank Harry for breaking the jinx, and Bale finally showed what we could see he could do before his long term injuries.

We should be ok v Reading without him, who'd play left midfield this game, Siggy ? Or Benny at LB and push Naughton forward (I'd try it, but v unlikely) ?

Dempsey more likely. Sig might come in for Ade would be good to give him a run of games.

I don't think it was anything to do with Harry, especially.

The talent was always there. He just needed a run in the team - something that, as a consequence of bad injuries, inexperience and a loss of confidence had eluded him under Ramos and for the first season and a half under Harry.

It was only when Benny was injured at the end of 2009 that Bale finally got a long run in the team (initially at left back). He hasn't looked back since.

Back