• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: The Incorrect Decisions thread

In the modern game, the challenge itself was certainly one which could've got a red. I've seen a few of those not get reds, largely because of the payers involved. Cazorla made sure he got the red his silly challenge was already on the line of getting IMO...of course Ade's a silly boy, and had he not been so hepped up/bought into the fervor whipping up around him, he might well have stayed out of it.

So have I. For example Suarez on the Stoke goalie, Begovic. He even looked to see where he was. And the ref was none other than our friend Howard Webb. He just gave him a yellow. major kop out imo.

So have I. For example Suarez on the Stoke goalie, Begovic. He even looked to see where he was. And the ref was none other than our friend Howard Webb. He just gave him a yellow. major kop out imo.

100%. Of course, I would say that given no serious injury occurred, a yellow and a final warning is what each incident should've got. Begovic didn't roll around like a total fudging pussy for 2 mins which also helped.

Oh come on I dont think it was at all a red. Suarez obviously looked to see where the keeper was but anyone would - you would want to see where the keeper was to assess the situation - hit it first time or control it. There is also a case that Suarez actually 'pulled out' of the challenge as you can see he didnt go full throttle.

I dont like the guy and anyone associated with Liverscum are utter ****s BUT I dont think it was that bad a challenge.

Absolutely shocking. Never in a thousand years was Atkinson 100% that was a dive. Replay shows a clear penalty. Tough to call the pen in real time, but how he saw that as a dive...clearly Bale is a marked man, and I'm sure we will see more ridiculous decisions like this, unfortunately.

If he dives, book him, but when he is fouled, give him a free kick.

Re: Gareth Bale

Atkinson is a shocking ref, the last 3 bookings against Bale have been nothing short of disgusting, think AVB should do a Fergie

At least he gets a nice rest. Will miss Reading and I don't think he'll play against Coventry. Back in time to hopefully rip apart old 'Arrys QPR.

In the 4-1 home defeat to Woolwich in the LC a few years ago, Nasri and Chamakh got pens for identical challanges to that one on Gareth.

Getting a bit sickening now.

Why do you keep going on and on about the two incidents like they have anything much in common? I mean seriously, can you not process the difference between the two situations? Christ, it really gets frustrating! I have NEVER seen Gareth Bale try to get an opposing player sent off along with a couple of bleating teammates a la Cazorla, that **** Wheelchair and Gibbs...FFS...

Because you are the most hypocritical and blinkered football fan I've ever seen! If Suarez played for Spurs, I'd have no doubt you would defend him too.

Btw, Bale was unlucky today, he made the most of the tackle, but he was fouled.

We wont win a penalty this season, its just not going to happen, Bale has been given an incredibly unfair reputation.

1356791376646.gif

In real time, thought it was a dive but very clear contact here.

"That's the third time now I've been clipped and booked for no reason again. There's nothing I can do, the referees need to look a bit closer. People think I'm diving when there's contact. If there's contact it's a penalty or free kick, there's nothing I can do. If there's contact, what do you want me to do - hit my head on the floor? I have to put my hands down to protect myself. If people kick me, I'm going to go down. It doesn't bother me, people keep saying I'm diving but it doesn't bother me whatsoever. It's a foul and I know it myself."

1356791147551.gif

1356791270272.gif

It's hard for a player to ride a tackle when they're changing directions and running at speed. Could Bale have recovered from that slight contact and kept running? It's almost impossible for me to say.

But even if it's not a foul (the defender got roughly 0% of his contact on the ball)... does the card have to come out every time Bale goes down? What a clown the ref is.

Absolutely shocking. Never in a thousand years was Atkinson 100% that was a dive. Replay shows a clear penalty. Tough to call the pen in real time, but how he saw that as a dive...clearly Bale is a marked man, and I'm sure we will see more ridiculous decisions like this, unfortunately.

If he dives, book him, but when he is fouled, give him a free kick.

Exactly he has done what a referee should never do and guessed. Send him down to the League for a few games

1356791147551.gif

1356791270272.gif

It's hard for a player to ride a tackle when they're changing directions and running at speed. Could Bale have recovered from that slight contact and kept running? It's almost impossible for me to say.

But even if it's not a foul (the defender got roughly 0% of his contact on the ball)... does the card have to come out every time Bale goes down? What a clown the ref is.
it's a clear foul, the defender clearly grabs hold of him.

You seriously have to wonder whether the refs have had some sort of a conflab and agreed to go after him for the times when he has gone down a little too easily. It seems their priority is not to be made to look idiots, so they give the 'dive' far too readily. Also Bale and Spurs in general are way too soft, we don't harangue the ref like the cynical teams around us, something I am pleased about but it is definitely costing us.

Back