• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

It's not inconsistent. I think the last window proved that we have a fair bit of money, not hundreds of millions, but I don't think spending £20m on Moutinho rather than spending nearly £15m on Sig and Dempsey would have bankrupted us.

We sold more than we spent..

Roughly speaking..

Dependant on your view of the Mout incident.. Who would have cost more than 20m..

Last edited:

If Bale went and we replaced him with Moutinho, Willian, Nani and Damiao and gave AVB his Portugese dream team then I'd be like, yeah ok we can move forward with this team right now, but that's not what would happen. I'm not saying Levy would leave us with a couple of duds, he'd get us a potentially good/very good player or two, but we wouldn't be stronger for it.

I wasn't expecting to buy all those for him, that's a bit of a straw man.

With 56m you could probably buy Willian and Moutinho.

Do you not think that would leave us stronger compared with Bale?

I don't care if you think it'll happen of not, that's not the question.

First Madrid need to sort themselves out. They dont even know who will be their manager next season. Mourinho will probably leave.

And Bale will be staying with us, whatever the price [-o<

No, I understand that Bale will go, my problem is the fans attitude towards it. Displaying your pleasure at getting x amount is not what being a fan is supposed to be about, you're not the club accountant. Claiming we'd be better for it is some delusional crap, we are not a better team having sold Modric and VDV, yes we got some good players in the summer but they're still not the quality of those two. The same will happen with Bale. One great player out, 3 or 4 decent players in. It's OK, I get it, it's the Spurs model, it doesn't mean I have to celebrate it though.

Rossi I tend to spend my time 'arguing' with you on here when it comes to spurs but for once I fudgein agree with you.

I am a fudgein fan a spurs fan and want to see the great players like Bale... All the jokers on here who are coming out with let's sell Bale for X and we will be laughing etc - fudgein hell - makes me wanna go on a killing spree.

As a fan I do not want to think like a business man - I spend the whole week at work the last thing I want is to also think like a businessman on a saturday going to watch football.

No, I understand that Bale will go, my problem is the fans attitude towards it. Displaying your pleasure at getting x amount is not what being a fan is supposed to be about, you're not the club accountant. Claiming we'd be better for it is some delusional crap, we are not a better team having sold Modric and VDV, yes we got some good players in the summer but they're still not the quality of those two. The same will happen with Bale. One great player out, 3 or 4 decent players in. It's OK, I get it, it's the Spurs model, it doesn't mean I have to celebrate it though.

Agreed. I never get it when people seemingly are happy to cash in on our top players, because that's not what being a fan is about (for me anyway). I wanted to keep Modric, because he is a brilliant player. Yes, Dembele, Vertonghen and Lloris are all good players, but as a fan I'm not happy for Spurs to weaken one part of the team to strengthen another - although I'm sensible enough to see that we have to run a sustainable business model, and can't splash out £30-40-50 million on players.

But as a fan, I will never, ever be happy with us selling our best players. Even if they want to go badlym or even if we get ridiculous money for them. £50 million, £70 millon, even £100 million won't replace Bale. We won't get another player of his quality. We might buy three good players for the money we get, and if we're lucky, one of them will turn out world class in a few year. But in the short term, we're worse off. And we don't know if we will be better off in the long term.

Gareth Bale has held talks with the Premier League referee Andre Marriner in an attempt to discourage officials from booking him for diving.

Bale has received four yellow cards this season for simulation – more than any other player in the Premier League – but Bale has explained that his actions have been misinterpreted and he does not deserve to be labelled a diver.

Marriner visited Tottenham this week as part of a routine information session that all Premier League clubs get from a refereeing representative and Bale, along with the Spurs manager, André Villas-Boas, took the opportunity to explain that injuries the Welshman has received in the past have left him so worried about being seriously hurt by dangerous tackles that he will take evasive action that, given the speed at which he tends to run, can lead to him falling.

The player recognises it is difficult for referees to distinguish between a dive and legitimate dodging of a potentially damaging challenge but pleaded for greater discernment. Bale said he will continue taking evasive action to avoid injury, even it means getting more bookings and gaining a greater reputation for being a diver.

"He has had potentially career-threatening injuries and sometimes for the pace that he goes at it looks like a dive from the player when he is actually protecting himself," said Villas-Boas. "He avoids opponents' tackles and with the pace that he approaches challenges it's very difficult for referees to judge. Gareth knows this and was very complimentary of them. If he has gained that [diver] tag, it is unfair. But it doesn't bother him in any way shape or form so we keep doing our job."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/14/gareth-bale-tottenham-diving

Gareth Bale has held talks with the Premier League referee Andre Marriner in an attempt to discourage officials from booking him for diving.

Bale has received four yellow cards this season for simulation – more than any other player in the Premier League – but Bale has explained that his actions have been misinterpreted and he does not deserve to be labelled a diver.

Marriner visited Tottenham this week as part of a routine information session that all Premier League clubs get from a refereeing representative and Bale, along with the Spurs manager, André Villas-Boas, took the opportunity to explain that injuries the Welshman has received in the past have left him so worried about being seriously hurt by dangerous tackles that he will take evasive action that, given the speed at which he tends to run, can lead to him falling.

The player recognises it is difficult for referees to distinguish between a dive and legitimate dodging of a potentially damaging challenge but pleaded for greater discernment. Bale said he will continue taking evasive action to avoid injury, even it means getting more bookings and gaining a greater reputation for being a diver.

"He has had potentially career-threatening injuries and sometimes for the pace that he goes at it looks like a dive from the player when he is actually protecting himself," said Villas-Boas. "He avoids opponents' tackles and with the pace that he approaches challenges it's very difficult for referees to judge. Gareth knows this and was very complimentary of them. If he has gained that [diver] tag, it is unfair. But it doesn't bother him in any way shape or form so we keep doing our job."

Let's hope that we can get a resolution of this issue. There is a big difference between avoiding a tackle and shrieking in agony like Suarez and Cazorlka (sp)

I personally believe Gareth will be here next season. He is by no means the finished article. How old was Ronaldo when he went to RM and how old is Gareth?

...and to think, when this was suggested by me and a couple of others we were met with a hailstorm of abuse!

The link from the torygrapgh was better because it had the swansea manager saying how he did no think that bale would be spo good in spain because they defend with 10 men that his direct running would not be so effective, interesting coming from someone who has played and coached out there.

The link from the torygrapgh was better because it had the swansea manager saying how he did no think that bale would be spo good in spain because they defend with 10 men that his direct running would not be so effective, interesting coming from someone who has played and coached out there.

Interesting, that..reading the bolded bit on its own most would feel that it was the Italian league being spoken about and NOT the Spanish league....

...and to think, when this was suggested by me and a couple of others we were met with a hailstorm of abuse!

Because people wouldnt except he dived ever. There's videos of him using his other foot to trip himself up. Not saying he does that all the time but he has done it in the past.

Because people wouldnt except he dived ever. There's videos of him using his other foot to trip himself up. Not saying he does that all the time but he has done it in the past.

Oh come on dude - I've tripped over my own feet before - I didnt dive.

Bale is a wimp thats the main brunt of it. Dodging a tackle that is either way a foul is not diving. Its dodging. You dont intently hit the car who broke the traffic light because it would be proof of the car breaking the lights - it is still illegal whether it caused an accident or not.

Oh come on dude - I've tripped over my own feet before - I didnt dive.

Bale is a wimp thats the main brunt of it. Dodging a tackle that is either way a foul is not diving. Its dodging. You dont intently hit the car who broke the traffic light because it would be proof of the car breaking the lights - it is still illegal whether it caused an accident or not.

Have you ever purposefully clicked your heels together and gone down like a sack of brick like he does here?

WY77S.gif

Have you ever purposefully clicked your heels together and gone down like a sack of brick like he does here?

And you think in that particular instance he purposefully clicked his own heels and went down?

You try to purposefully click your own heels?

In that particular instance he was definitely clipped - the tiniest clip tiniest clip. Doesnt have to be a hammer blow to his ankles or heel.

WY77S.gif

SHATTERED Shaun Maloney last night cleared Gareth Bale of taking a dive to wreck Scotland’s World Cup campaign – and then apologised to his team-mates for the challenge which has left them down and out on the road to Rio.

The Wigan forward was left utterly crestfallen here in Cardiff after his foul on the Welsh superstar sparked the late collapse which has all but ended our hopes of making it to Brazil 2014.

Bale slammed home from the spot before crashing in a stunning second goal two minutes from time to seal the 2-1 win which means Craig Levein’s side have managed just a paltry two points from a possible nine in Group A.

But, despite television replays appearing to show Bale clipped his own heels before sprawling to the turf, Maloney was big enough to hold up his hands afterwards and accept full responsibility for the moment Levein’s last hopes ran out of town.

He said: “It was very disappointing after all the effort we put in. I’m so disappointed for everyone involved. The penalty decision swung the game in their favour and I feel awful about that. I think there might have been a bit of contact, to be fair to Bale.

“It wasn’t a challenge as such, he just ran across me and part of his legs touched mine. I don’t think he dived. It was just a coming together.

“I haven’t seen it again but I have to be honest – my gut feeling was that he didn’t dive. I’m pretty sure I didn't put a challenge in but I think there was some contact.

“It happened numerous times in the game. I tried to track back and help Danny Fox, as that was my job on the night. It’s just unfortunate that this one time he got in front of me and when he ran across me he ended up winning the penalty.

“I can only apologise to my team-mates. It’s just one of these things that can happen in a match. But it’s devastating after the effort that everyone put in and it’s something I’m going to regret for a very long time.”

The amazing thing when i brought this up was when people claimed that was the first they heard of it. It's a well known 'technique' adopted by cheats abroad and there has been documentaries about the way these footballers intentionally trip themselves up to make the dive look realistic and Bale has done this at least 3 times that i've seen yet people claimed it was accidental:lol:.

The guy is a cheat, i don't care what he says about this injuries stuff tbh as it's an excuse imo. No wonder he wants to play abroad as he'd get away with that brick 99.9% of the time.

Back