• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

He described them as top players, I guess I have a different understanding of the word top.

no he didnt. he said we bought top players with the modric money. never said that everyone we bought was a top player

you dont like verts? thats up to you. you dont like Ade? again thats up to you. Dembele isnt a top player to you? again i dont agree with you

jordinho is not about buying ready made players that are expensive, or at least he doesnt think levy and / or AVB are about that...but focus heavily on undiscovered or unproven talented young players.

not too far from the truth IMO......been preaching it for years that its what levy was about...and i feel AVB is more of an obedient employee than Harry

But surely eventually you've got to take a gamble and pay slightly more for a player? What is our record transfer fee? £17m? That's not a lot in this day and age. Paying £20-25m for Moutinho and his wages isn't going to bankrupt us.

But then you would potentially have to wait at least a year, possibly longer for them to come good. Whereas Moutinho would be good for us pretty much straight away assuming he adapts to the premier league.

That's where we are in the football ladder. Find those younger players that are about to become big and get them in before they have their big breakthrough. We need a squad of 15-16 players so that we won't have to rely on new players fitting in straight away. I'm hoping this is what AVB can bring once we settle into his way of playing, developing players from our own academy or picked up abroad.

They're good players, very good possibly, just not as good as Modric, Bale or VDV. Just like Arsenal sold great players for great money and replaced them with good players. I don't understand how a fan can ever be happy with their club selling their best player, especially when they don't have the standing or the money within football to replace them with a player(s) at least as good as the one they've just sold.

They're good players, very good possibly, just not as good as Modric, Bale or VDV. Just like Arsenal sold great players for great money and replaced them with good players. I don't understand how a fan can ever be happy with their club selling their best player, especially when they don't have the standing or the money within football to replace them with a player(s) at least as good as the one they've just sold.

I don't understand how you think we could have kept Modric. He was refusing to play for us, do you not seem to get that?

We could have kept VDV, but it was decided that it was good money for him, i think Dempsey is coming good.

We sold two players, but we strengthened other areas of the squad. We got a new goalie, who could be with us for ten years. We got a new CB who is a member of the starting eleven, we also bought a new midfielder who has been excelling in the PL..

As for Bale, do you seriously think we are going to be able to keep hold of him with our wage structure in place? fudge no. You wouldn't take 56m this summer over decidedly less next?

You answered your own question sort of. When a player reaches a certain level you can't hold on to them any longer (unless you're willing to let them leave for free at the end). We have to generate income wherever we can and selling players at top dollar is one way. Usually you'd expect that money to be reinvested, but we do have some other projects that requires cash at the moment.

No, I understand that Bale will go, my problem is the fans attitude towards it. Displaying your pleasure at getting x amount is not what being a fan is supposed to be about, you're not the club accountant. Claiming we'd be better for it is some delusional crap, we are not a better team having sold Modric and VDV, yes we got some good players in the summer but they're still not the quality of those two. The same will happen with Bale. One great player out, 3 or 4 decent players in. It's OK, I get it, it's the Spurs model, it doesn't mean I have to celebrate it though.

No, I understand that Bale will go, my problem is the fans attitude towards it. Displaying your pleasure at getting x amount is not what being a fan is supposed to be about, you're not the club accountant. Claiming we'd be better for it is some delusional crap, we are not a better team having sold Modric and VDV, yes we got some good players in the summer but they're still not the quality of those two. The same will happen with Bale. One great player out, 3 or 4 decent players in. It's OK, I get it, it's the Spurs model, it doesn't mean I have to celebrate it though.

point taken

I accept that we don't have the funds to regularly go out and spend £20m on players, but were not going to go into serious debt if we do it ONCE. Whenever you say that we should spend X amount of money, you will no doubt get the usual "we can't spend that much, do you want us to do a Leeds", it's really tiresome.

I also accept we can't keep Bale and he'll eventually go, but I'd like to see better players brought in to the replace him than the likes of Sig and Dempsey.

It's not what it's meant to be about?

I'd display my pleasure at an opportunity for the club to move forward and better itself. Whether or not it actually happened is a different point.

The thing is we sold Modric and we bought 3 first team players for it. We improved two positions within our first team, without weakening the third too much.

That's just how i see it i guess.

If we had £20 million or more to spend I'm pretty sure we would for the right player, rather than pay taxes.

I accept that we don't have the funds to regularly go out and spend £20m on players, but were not going to go into serious debt if we do it ONCE. Whenever you say that we should spend X amount of money, you will no doubt get the usual "we can't spend that much, do you want us to do a Leeds", it's really tiresome.

I also accept we can't keep Bale and he'll eventually go, but I'd like to see better players brought in to the replace him than the likes of Sig and Dempsey.

Your reply seems to have nothing to do with my post?

We are always linked with Moutinho, Leandro or Willian. But we never actually get them.

Maybe we don't have that kind of money? I assume we don't until I actually see us spend it rather than get worked up about it. Not necessarily aimed at anyone in particular.

Maybe we don't have that kind of money? I assume we don't until I actually see us spend it rather than get worked up about it. Not necessarily aimed at anyone in particular.

If we can spend £16m, then it's not really pushing the boat out to spend another £4m.

If Bale went and we replaced him with Moutinho, Willian, Nani and Damiao and gave AVB his Portugese dream team then I'd be like, yeah ok we can move forward with this team right now, but that's not what would happen. I'm not saying Levy would leave us with a couple of duds, he'd get us a potentially good/very good player or two, but we wouldn't be stronger for it.

Er.. That's logically inconsistent..

Like saying if i can spend £15.. i can spend £20..

What if i only have £15 on me?

It's not inconsistent. I think the last window proved that we have a fair bit of money, not hundreds of millions, but I don't think spending £20m on Moutinho rather than spending nearly £15m on Sig and Dempsey would have bankrupted us.

If we can spend £16m, then it's not really pushing the boat out to spend another £4m.

Sure, but wouldn't that mean not buying the £16 million player? None of us know exactly how things happened at the end of the last window, so I don't know what the plan was, but we really needed Dembele. Getting Moutinho as well could have seen us up there with the Manchesters now, but do we have that money or would it come out of future spending (ie. no net spend for the next few windows and maybe even needing to recoup some of it later by selling someone)?

edit: I see you're talking about Sig and Dempsey. Sig was brought in early, while Dempsey replaced VDV.

Back