• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Levy's shoes? Levy likes money so ofcourse he'd take it. I don't know why a fan would though.

The group of us who go together remind each other every game to enjoy watching him while we can. It's not often that Spurs fans have been able to say that they get to see a genuine world class player in the shirt. Other than Ledley, Gazza was the last one. Both those two were, sadly, prevented by injury from fulfilling their potential. Hopefully no such fate for Gareth.

We're all resigned to him leaving this summer. Ideally, I'd rather he stayed but if he does go, then £56 million would at least be one hell of a parting gift.

Quantity replacing quality doesn't better the team. You seem to be assuming that we'd reinvest the money in top players ... lol.

Yes, i am assuming we would reinvest the money in top players. Exactly like we did with the Modric Money.

Not particularly far fetched to be honest.

Bale is a special talent, he will not be here with us forever, I wouldn't at all be surprised if he left during the summer. 56m would make that a hell of a lot easier to take.

Are we done or will the wummery continue?

Quantity replacing quality doesn't better the team. You seem to be assuming that we'd reinvest the money in top players ... lol.

Have to agree with this. I'm not convinced Levy is willing to spend the sort of money to get us players like Willian or Moutinho.

Have to agree with this. I'm not convinced Levy is willing to spend the sort of money to get us players like Willian or Moutinho.

I think he'd prefer someone of a slightly lesser reputation and therefor a slightly lower fee. It's about finding those that will become the next Moutinho or Willian. We've done it once with Modric and Bale, now we just have to do it again.

Dempsey and Sigurdsson currently lighting it up yeah.

Dempsey has been good recently yes, well done.

Which leaves the sig.

So are we just going to ignore Verts, Lloris and Dembele just because they wouldn't suit your point?

why wouldnt we?

where do you think the players we had over the last 5 or 6 years came from? the academy?

LOL

I think he'd prefer someone of a slightly lesser reputation and therefor a slightly lower fee. It's about finding those that will become the next Moutinho or Willian. We've done it once with Modric and Bale, now we just have to do it again.

But then you would potentially have to wait at least a year, possibly longer for them to come good. Whereas Moutinho would be good for us pretty much straight away assuming he adapts to the premier league.

Like I say I think we have a bunch of apprentices on here

Just wanna sell without any kind of thought about the repercussions of selling or any replacements.

We sold Berba and we are still waiting to replace him haha

Dempsey has been good recently yes, well done.

Which leaves the sig.

So are we just going to ignore Verts, Lloris and Dembele just because they wouldn't suit your point?

Yeah, good, not Luka Modric though is he. We sold other players too, they cover the other 3 who are all very good but still not Modric or VDV good. So we sell Bale, that's 3 great players sold within a year and replacing them with about 10 good ones makes us stronger? Because it doesn't.

But then you would potentially have to wait at least a year, possibly longer for them to come good. Whereas Moutinho would be good for us pretty much straight away assuming he adapts to the premier league.

jordinho is not about buying ready made players that are expensive, or at least he doesnt think levy and / or AVB are about that...but focus heavily on undiscovered or unproven talented young players.

not too far from the truth IMO......been preaching it for years that its what levy was about...and i feel AVB is more of an obedient employee than Harry

Yeah, good, not Luka Modric though is he. We sold other players too, they cover the other 3 who are all very good but still not Modric or VDV good. So we sell Bale, that's 3 great players sold within a year and replacing them with about 10 good ones makes us stronger? Because it doesn't.

No, he's not Luka Modric. The Luka Modric that wanted to leave, the Luka Modric we had very little choice about letting go.

Oddly there are very few players out there who are as good as Luka Modric, and the majority of them are well outside our wage structure, which is why we have to buy them when they are 'unproven'.

3 great players sold in a year if bale goes? Well imo Verts, Lloris and Dembele will be great players, and added to that we gained a bit of depth so yes, it does make us stronger in the long run.

Back