• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Just watch bale's right foot the whole way through the gif.
He purposefully clips his right foot off the back of his left calf.
That is not a natural movement, it has nothing to do with whatever minimal contact the scottish player made.
Its simulation plain and simple copying the exact same technique Ronaldo used time and again.

You should watch a bit more closely, mate.

You'll see that, as admitted by Maloney, Maloney's leg clips Bale's right foot an instant earlier, sending his foot off its correct path and into the back of his left leg.

Bale might well dive on occasion. But it's not fair to use this incident as an example.

I wish i could find the documentary mate. People actually told me they never heard of this form of cheating before.

There's a famous quote from Irish pundit Eamon Dunphy - "The way Ronaldo clicks his heels, is the most wicked thing in the game."
Its a widely known way of getting a realistic looking dive.

YOu are obviously an armchair fan that has never played at a high level. You just dont get it. You probably never will.

This coming from the guy that concludes that cheating is when you "claim for a penalty or free kick when you haven't been touched" :ross:

so cheating isn't the part where you go down when you haven't been touched...it's the part where you claim for it:ross::ross:..that's the cheating part:ross:.

We're saying he clipped his own feet because...he clipped his own feet. Doesn't your eyes show you this when watching the GIF? You get that there's two separate parts to that particular incident right?

Part 1 = Maloney brushes Bale's leg so contact is made. This is the part that Maloney is refering to and going by the rules of the game it's a pen because there's contact.

part 2 = Bale clips his own feet to go down. That minimal contact with maloney obviously wasn't enough for him to go down so he clips his feet to highlight contact.

it's a pen i agree because of part 1 but if you think Bale has accidentally clipped his feet then you're wrong imo.

No but the clip that Maloney made will have obviously affected how Bale was running hence clipping his own feet. Its a penalty because it was a foul no matter how slight the contact is made and like I say there doesnt have to be contact for it to be a foul

No but the clip that Maloney made will have obviously affected how Bale was running hence clipping his own feet. Its a penalty because it was a foul no matter how slight the contact is made and like I say there doesnt have to be contact for it to be a foul

That works both ways too if I remember correctly. Because there is contact, doesn't always mean its a foul.

You should watch a bit more closely, mate.

You'll see that, as admitted by Maloney, Maloney's leg clips Bale's right foot an instant earlier, sending his foot off its correct path and into the back of his left leg.

Bale might well dive on occasion. But it's not fair to use this incident as an example.

He makes slight contact with Bale thigh if anything. If Bale had wanted to do he could have continued running.

There was no clip wotsoever imo . I see Maloney's right knee brushing Bale's right knee/lower thigh and that's where the contact is so i can see why a pen is given. Do i think that minimal contact forced Bale to stumble so bad that he can't catch balance thus clipping his own foot? NO. Do i think Bale clipped his foot after that contact to highlight the contact made by Maloney? YES.

Anyway, the guy is brilliant and I hope he is playing tomorrow and playing for us for a couple more seasons minimum

He was born to play for Spurs

DHSF what do you think about the other 2 incidents i posted up? forget the villa one because i think we can all agree that's pretty clear cut but what about the other two (especially the Madrid one)?

He makes slight contact with Bale thigh if anything. If Bale had wanted to do he could have continued running.

Looks more like he caught Bale's foot to me. But, regardless, the result was the same.

And with all due respect, unless you are Gareth Bale, it's not your place to say whether or not he could have continued running!

Looks more like he caught Bale's foot to me. But, regardless, the result was the same.

And with all due respect, unless you are Gareth Bale, it's not your place to say whether or not he could have continued running!

This is not about Gareth Bale anymore mate...it's about something else which has nothing to do with how he plays football.

There was no clip wotsoever imo . I see Maloney's right knee brushing Bale's right knee/lower thigh and that's where the contact is so i can see why a pen is given. Do i think that minimal contact forced Bale to stumble so bad that he can't catch balance thus clipping his own foot? NO. Do i think Bale clipped his foot after that contact to highlight the contact made by Maloney? YES.

So let me get this straight; there WAS contact enough to warrant a penalty, however Bale also decided to clip his own foot after the contact threw him off balance so as he could highlight the contact by Maloney?

If he is smart enough to calculate and mentally process all of that in a split second whilst in full-flight, he should working for NASA. That is, of course, unless you believe that Bale practices this oft-documented in documentaries routine of clipping one's own foot to get penalties. Where do you think he does this? At the Lodge, in his garden or in a secret field?

So let me get this straight; there WAS contact enough to warrant a penalty, however Bale also decided to clip his own foot after the contact threw him off balance so as he could highlight the contact by Maloney?

If he is smart enough to calculate and mentally process all of that in a split second whilst in full-flight, he should working for NASA. That is, of course, unless you believe that Bale practices this oft-documented in documentaries routine of clipping one's own foot to get penalties. Where do you think he does this? At the Lodge, in his garden or in a secret field?

:ross::ross:=D>

I will not respond to this in the same sarcastic nature and will instead answer your point respectfully and hope as a mod you will do the same. Things like this are the reasons debates turn to full blown arguments and i'll avoid this 'trap' for another warning/ban thanks.

Why exaggerate things to make it seem wayyyy more harder than it actually is i will never know. In reality the act of clipping your own foot and making the decision to clip your own feet isn't that hard but somehow you have it in your mind that you have to work for NASA to do it. You was the one that claimed you hadn't even heard of it a few weeks ago right? so maybe its a lost cause trying to explain being that you don't know about it.

I will not respond to this in the same sarcastic nature and will instead answer your point respectfully and hope as a mod you will do the same. Things like this are the reasons debates turn to full blown arguments and i'll avoid this 'trap' for another warning/ban thanks.

Why exaggerate things to make it seem wayyyy more harder than it actually is i will never know. In reality the act of clipping your own foot and making the decision to clip your own feet isn't that hard but somehow you have it in your mind that you have to work for NASA to do it. You was the one that claimed you hadn't even heard of it a few weeks ago right? so maybe its a lost cause trying to explain being that you don't know about it.

Trying to explain to me the "common" art of clipping one's own foot to me is as lost a cause as trying to explain to you the physics behind movement and contact on a football pitch as well as hearing things from the mouths of horses. You absolutely refuse point blank to accept that Bale might not be a cheat, and in your black and white world the die is cast and anyone who does not see it (including Bale himself) is a liar, cheat or hypocrite themselves. How tedious.

By the way, for all your haughty attempts to elevate yourself above sarcasm, you lasted three lines.

EDIT: honestly, I would happily move on if it wasn't for your aggressive dedication to having to be right! Look, the whole Bale thing splits opinions and that's just the way it is. Some see it one way, others see it another and they exchange some views and eventually find middle ground 'agree to disagree'. Why is it so hard for you to do that? Why don't we try it now?
I can accept your opinion mate, however on this one, let's agree to disagree.

Trying to explain to me the "common" art of clipping one's own foot to me is as lost a cause as trying to explain to you the physics behind movement and contact on a football pitch as well as hearing things from the mouths of horses. You absolutely refuse point blank to accept that Bale might not be a cheat, and in your black and white world the die is cast and anyone who does not see it (including Bale himself) is a liar, cheat or hypocrite themselves. How tedious.

By the way, for all your haughty attempts to elevate yourself above sarcasm, you lasted three lines.

What are you talking about? where have i been sarcastic? i used "NASA" because that's exactly what you said so don't twist things and accuse me of something i have not done on this occasion.

You have an excuse for everything when it comes to Bale diving and that's your perogotive. Every single time he goes down you have an answer for it and that's "tedious". Oh and two things..

1) I find it highly amusing that it was just a few days ago that you claimed i had it in for you because i quoted your post regarding something and completely ignored other posters that were making the same point as you. Now i see you've done EXACTLY the same thing :lol:

2) You know your post before the sarcastic one...this is what i mean when i say you're not direct and you hide behind fancy words. What was it you said recently? 'i'm not scared to say what i feel and i don't need to hide behind anything':lol:

and when did i call anybody a liar or cheat for not seeing it anyway:lol:

Hypocrite is what i call you...not anyone, not everyone, i call you a hypocrite and that's regarding something else not this so don't try and join these 2 separate issues.

What are you talking about? where have i been sarcastic? i used "NASA" because that's exactly what you said so don't twist things and accuse me of something i have not done on this occasion.

You have an excuse for everything when it comes to Bale diving and that's your perogotive. Every single time he goes down you have an answer for it and that's "tedious". Oh and two things..

1) I find it highly amusing that it was just a few days ago that you claimed i had it in for you because i quoted your post regarding something and completely ignored other posters that were making the same point as you. Now i see you've done EXACTLY the same thing :lol:

2) You know your post before the sarcastic one...this is what i mean when i say you're not direct and you hide behind fancy words. What was it you said recently? 'i'm not scared to say what i feel and i don't need to hide behind anything':lol:

So, just to be clear in your check book of sins. I have read what you write above and decided not to reply because it's not worth it. If you wish to claim it as a victory/proof that I have nothing to come back with, then go ahead, I'll live happily enough with the truth I know.

In fact, this whole discussion (when I sit here and really think about it) is ludicrous. Neither you or I have ever payed at remotely close to the level Gareth Bale has (I apologise if you have - I am assuming you haven't) and as such, debating the nature of his falls versus the contact made without any context is not only ludicrous, it's a total waste of time.

So, much like a fellow mod said to you in another thread, I won't respond anymore. You win.

Back