• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Strange, as there are those out there who insist that we're a one-man team.

Doesn't mean much though? We were ALL calling Arsenal a one man team last year yet they had the most amount of different goalscorers in the Premier League last year.

Doesn't mean much though? We were ALL calling Arsenal a one man team last year yet they had the most amount of different goalscorers in the Premier League last year.

That is a very interesting stat. How do you think Arsenal would of performed if they would of not of had that Persil bloke?

That is a very interesting stat. How do you think Arsenal would of performed if they would of not of had that Persil bloke?

Not sure. How would we have performed without Adebayor? I'd say pretty similar.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eth-Bale-right-dive-tackles--Neil-Ashton.html

Head-on collision = Running into a 600kg polar bear? I imagine the diff between head injuries and tore apart by the polar bear is still huge :)

From what I gathered, Bale wasn't booked for "diving" but for simulation. This means the referees are looking for exaggeration of the severeness of the foul.

In my view the yellow vs. Liverpool was undeserved. May be a yellow during the Fulham game (just may be), however if Bale was assessed to have simulated a foul with his exaggeration, the correct punishment should be a yellow card BUT the freekick should be awarded to Spurs. As Bale has been fouled in the first place.

Last edited:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eth-Bale-right-dive-tackles--Neil-Ashton.html

Head-on collision = Running into a 600kg polar bear? I imagine the diff between head injuries and tore apart by the polar bear is still huge :)

From what I gathered, Bale wasn't booked for "diving" but for simulation. This means the referees are looking for exaggeration of the severeness of the foul.

In my view the yellow vs. Liverpool was undeserved. May be a yellow during the Fulham game (just may be), however if Bale was assessed to have simulated a foul with his exaggeration, the correct punishment should be a yellow card BUT the freekick should be awarded to Spurs. As Bale has been fouled in the first place.

I don't think I've ever seen that happen and I don't think it's likely to happen any time soon either.

The ref thought he wasn't fouled and gave a yellow for diving/simulation.

I've been a big critic of his diving, but I will say in his defence that him and Suarez are kicked more than any other players in the league and something needs to be done about it. It always annoyed me that Redknapp didn't speak out more in the media about how often he is kicked, I hope AVB starts to bring it to everybody's attention.

However, I don't buy the excuse that it doesn't take much to knock him over because he runs a fast speed. The same laws of physics applied in the old days, but you didn't get the quick players going to ground as often as players today do. Diving has definitely become more prevalent in the last 15 years or so.

I've been a big critic of his diving, but I will say in his defence that him and Suarez are kicked more than any other players in the league and something needs to be done about it. It always annoyed me that Redknapp didn't speak out more in the media about how often he is kicked, I hope AVB starts to bring it to everybody's attention.

However, I don't buy the excuse that it doesn't take much to knock him over because he runs a fast speed. The same laws of physics applied in the old days, but you didn't get the quick players going to ground as often as players today do. Diving has definitely become more prevalent in the last 15 years or so.

As fast as Laurie Cunningham, Tony Morley, Steve Coppell and Tony Daley were mate, they were nowhere near Bale's speed and power. One thing...I wish Galvin had taken evasive action in 82, when that c unt Souness effectively tried to end his career, the dirty bastard.

Yes, the problem needs to be addressed front-to-back NOT back-to-front. I've watched the Sidwell challenge many times, and I maintain that if he does not try and get out of the way, he is onto a bad injury as Sidwell is miles from the ball and has little interest in it. But I do agree, diving has become more prevalent.

As fast as Laurie Cunningham, Tony Morley, Steve Coppell and Tony Daley were mate, they were nowhere near Bale's speed and power. One thing...I wish Galvin had taken evasive action in 82, when that c unt Souness effectively tried to end his career, the dirty bastard.

Yes, the problem needs to be addressed front-to-back NOT back-to-front. I've watched the Sidwell challenge many times, and I maintain that if he does not try and get out of the way, he is onto a bad injury as Sidwell is miles from the ball and has little interest in it. But I do agree, diving has become more prevalent.

Jimmy Greaves was quick, and a great player, I don't recall ever hearing of him having a rep for being a diver.

Jimmy Greaves was quick, and a great player, I don't recall ever hearing of him having a rep for being a diver.

Your namesake had a big reputation - and he wasnt even that quick!!

IMO simulation is all about trying to con the referee and win a free kick for your team. Bale is NOT therefore guilty of simulation in this interpretation - he is merely trying to avoid/evade tackles. There is a subtle difference.

Greaves was quick in his day, but my 'namesake' whose all-time top flight goals record is reflected in the 357 of my name, was nowhere near as quick as Bale is today.

The game was played at a slower pace then. Incidentally a more accurate comparison to Bale was our flying Welshman of the 50s and 60s Cliff Jones, who was faster than Greaves and he had a rep for diving/flying unnecessarily through the air too amongst many fans.

Bit disappointed to hear he might only be back for the Stoke match. Only might? So that could be 3 weeks minimum. ](*,)

Here here. It could be gestures like this that has given us three wins on the spin. We really are a great club to do this.

Bit disappointed to hear he might only be back for the Stoke match. Only might? So that could be 3 weeks minimum. ](*,)

You know how these injuries tend to go at Spurs. Parker was due back in September wan't he? I remember Bale getting injured before, I think in a friendly in Ireland, people were talking of weeks and he was out for about three months or something like that IIRC.

Let's see how it goes and hope for a quick recovery. I'm just as worried about Dawson, as I think we have less cover for him. At least with Bale we have Dempsey and Ade to come in, as well as Siggy, etc.

Without Daws it's straight to Gallas, worrying to say the least and after that we end up playing Naughton at LB, aarrgghh.

Hope BAE is back soon BTW, again I doubt his injury was supposed to last this long.

We were told he was out for about two weeks, thats Everton and Swansea, makes sense that he 'might' be back for Stoke.

Back