• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News

Thats what i mean. I would do more aways but i live near the south coast & i am not going to make arrangements to attend games 'up north' only for the dates/KOs to be changed at the last minute. Lucky they are on TV :-"

Its hardly last minute though its 2 months in advance! You can't really complain about that.

A couple of warnings:

Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine
New date: Saturday 9 February (12.45pm)
Reason for amendment: Live on Sky Sports
(In the event Manchester United are involved in the Champions League the next Tuesday, this will move to Sunday 10 February, 4pm and remain live on Sky Sports)

West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur
New date: Monday 25 February (8pm)
(This match is subject to possible FA Cup 5th-round replay participation)

A couple of warnings:

(In the event Manchester United are involved in the Champions League the next Tuesday, this will move to Sunday 10 February, 4pm and remain live on Sky Sports)

Well thats as good as moved then, brilliant, was liking the thought of a 12.45pm toon game

Typical Premier League and Sky. Why not just leave Man Utd on the Saturday? They are going to be playing either Tuesday or Wednesday anyway.

A couple of warnings:

West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur
New date: Monday 25 February (8pm)
(This match is subject to possible FA Cup 5th-round replay participation)

I dont understand this one. Surely if they were playing a CL game on the Tuesday night (12th Feb), surely its in their interests to have the game stay on the Saturday morning? Cant see why they would want to play Sunday 4pm and then Tuesday night???

Very bizarre

I dont understand this one. Surely if they were playing a CL game on the Tuesday night (12th Feb), surely its in their interests to have the game stay on the Saturday morning? Cant see why they would want to play Sunday 4pm and then Tuesday night???

Very bizarre

If tthey play the Tuesday in the CL we'll swap tv spots with them on the weekend before. It's like they deliberately try to inconvenience clubs that play in Europe.

If tthey play the Tuesday in the CL we'll swap tv spots with them on the weekend before. It's like they deliberately try to inconvenience clubs that play in Europe.

Just got it now. Just realised we're not playing Man United on 9th Feb, its Saudi Sportswashing Machine, that's why I thought it was strange that we would move a game with the Mancs to the Sunday.
Oh well, as Mark said, you just know the game will get switched now, guaranteed they will get the Tues night slot

Just got it now. Just realised we're not playing Man United on 9th Feb, its Saudi Sportswashing Machine, that's why I thought it was strange that we would move a game with the Mancs to the Sunday.
Oh well, as Mark said, you just know the game will get switched now, guaranteed they will get the Tues night slot

Even if they get the Wednesday slot, why can't Sky and the PL let them play on Saturday to help them in Europe? Just move something else to Sunday (not us).

Didnt seem to bother Sky or the PL when us and Newacstle both had to play at Chelsea within 48 hours of a European game.
Oh and look at which two teams and sets of fans are going to get messed around this time??

Typical Premier League and Sky. Why not just leave Man Utd on the Saturday? They are going to be playing either Tuesday or Wednesday anyway.

This.

If anybody at the PL and Sky had any brains they wouldnt have put the game on the Sunday in the first place knowing there was a chance United might be playing on the Tuesday night.
Do these people not have the dates of other competitions when planning changes?

This.

If anybody at the PL and Sky had any brains they wouldnt have put the game on the Sunday in the first place knowing there was a chance United might be playing on the Tuesday night.
Do these people not have the dates of other competitions when planning changes?

Surely the hilarity of the matter is that sky could just choose to have the match on TV on the Wednesday which would fix all this anyway.

Surely the hilarity of the matter is that sky could just choose to have the match on TV on the Wednesday which would fix all this anyway.

Do they have that much influence over the choice of dates for European games. I get the impression that Uefa have more say with which team plays on what day, whereas it seems with the Premier League, Sky do and pick who they want

Do they have that much influence over the choice of dates for European games. I get the impression that Uefa have more say with which team plays on what day, whereas it seems with the Premier League, Sky do and pick who they want

Fair enough. I assumed they pays they money, they makes they choice.

Quite a few Man U tickets left in all areas when i looked at about 6pm............didn't this type of fixture used to sell out in 2hrs??

Sign of the times I would think. £54 a throw, maybe deterring a few. No doubt it will sell out very soon, but like you say up until recently you had to be online pretty sharpish to make sure you got a ticket

Back