• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News

West Bromwich Albion (A) – now Sunday, February 3, KO 1.30pm – live on Sky Sports
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H) – remains Saturday, February 9, KO now 12.45pm – live on Sky Sports
West Ham United (A) – now Monday, February 25, KO 8.00pm – live on Sky Sports

All 3 Feb League games chosen.

Are we back in the Sky good books? After Everton this weekend, 8 of the next 11 League games being shown live

ESPN suck even more at announcing their schedule. So far this is all:

January
Saturday 19th West Bromwich Albion v Aston Villa 4:30pm

All 3 Feb League games chosen.

Are we back in the Sky good books? After Everton this weekend, 8 of the next 11 League games being shown live

Madness,

Great for the armchair supporters but brick for the fans that actually attend. I wonder how much the armchair fans would enjoy watching games with absolutely NO atmosphere/noise becuase TV scheduling meant no-one turned up? Very little i imagine.

Madness,

Great for the armchair supporters but brick for the fans that actually attend. I wonder how much the armchair fans would enjoy watching games with absolutely NO atmosphere/noise becuase TV scheduling meant no-one turned up? Very little i imagine.

Great for the club tbf.

The more you are in the eyes of the public the more likely you are to gain new fans. Being more popular gets you more people buying merchandise and better sponsorship deals.

Great for the club tbf.

The more you are in the eyes of the public the more likely you are to gain new fans. Being more popular gets you more people buying merchandise and better sponsorship deals.

and im pretty much sure its £200k everytime your on tv, so 8 games out of next 11 is £1.6m if correct

Great for the club tbf.

True. The fans that actually put bums on seats are way down on the list of most clubs priorities. TV, Sponsorship, Merch are all more important.

Ever tried watching a Championship/League 1 game on TV when the ground is half empty? Absolutely horrible.

Madness,

We dont mind too much, although the 4pm Sundays are a bit of a pain, if its a Sunday much prefer us to be 1.30pm from a personal point of view.
Dont mind Saturdays 12.45pm, although it does mean driving down on the Friday night and stopping over at Enfield. I never mind this providing we get advance notice like today so we bag a bargain price room

True. The fans that actually put bums on seats are way down on the list of most clubs priorities. TV, Sponsorship, Merch are all more important.

Ever tried watching a Championship/League 1 game on TV when the ground is half empty? Absolutely horrible.

It warns you when you buy the tickets that the game could be moved. You accepted that at the time, you can't exactly go back on it now.

Yes i have, it's pretty much fine. I watch football with my eyes most of the time, not with my ears.

Last edited:
It warns you when you buy the tickets that the game could be moved. You accepted that at the time, you can't exactly go back on it now.

Yes i have, it's pretty much fine. I watch football with my eyes most of the time, not with my ears.

Sorry, i am obviously not as hardcore Spurs as you fella.

Totally, weve had what 2 or 3 3pm ko's at home so far this year, its brick

Thats what i mean. I would do more aways but i live near the south coast & i am not going to make arrangements to attend games 'up north' only for the dates/KOs to be changed at the last minute. Lucky they are on TV :-"

It's not about being hardcore. It's about accepting that it is better for the club, and as a fan of the club i am for anything that is better for it.

So taking the argument to extremes, an empty stadum with revenues made up for by increased TV cash woud be better for the club as they would have no need to employ staff/stewards/pay for policing etc. I wonder how the players & TV watchers would enjoy that scenario/spectacle.

Madness,

Every home game is a sell out and most away games.......also lots of travel, I would support a Spurs channel personally!

I've been to Man Utd, Emirates Marketing Project Lazio and Aston Villa so far this year. Going to Sunderland away and Man Utd at home.....its expensive!

Between 33,000 and 1500 Spurs fans attend the games, we have what? 2 million fans?

You do the maths!

So taking the argument to extremes, an empty stadum with revenues made up for by increased TV cash woud be better for the club as they would have no need to employ staff/stewards/pay for policing etc. I wonder how the players & TV watchers would enjoy that scenario/spectacle.

Bit of a pointless extreme really as it'll never happen.

I said 'in the best interest of the club' which that is clearly not.

Back