• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

The issue with Juventus making off the books payments to players concerns me more. I don't think there is any way any of the Juventus hierarchy escape lengthy bans (at the minimum) for those offences. We tend to be proactive (though 'trigger happy' is probably a better word) in sacking managers. I think it may help us to act the same with our DoF so that we have a chance of getting a new one in who can work harmoniously with our new manager in the close season.

The issue with Juventus making off the books payments to players concerns me more. I don't think there is any way any of the Juventus hierarchy escape lengthy bans (at the minimum) for those offences. We tend to be proactive (though 'trigger happy' is probably a better word) in sacking managers. I think it may help us to act the same with our DoF so that we have a chance of getting a new one in who can work harmoniously with our new manager in the close season.

His position is becoming harder to justify daily. If the hearing had happened yesterday and we got some direction, ok, but if it's going to be a multi-month process with real doubts about the outcome (I'm assuming some lawyers have an initial view and have briefed club), it would be better to cut the ties.

I think this is the best way to go. With the various avenues that Paratici can still come a cropper, it's best to remove those doubts and potential disruptions and start with a clean slate.
He has done well with his player signings BUT offering up the likes of Nuno, Gattuso and now hearing Enrique is his favourite from the list, I'd say his manager radar is not so well tuned.

Any new manager might have ideas of whom he'd like to work with. Although it has to be justified, as I'm not really keen on the 'jobs for the boys' approach. The DofF should be around for 2,3,4 managers ideally.

When you think about it, we couldn't really announce a new head coach whilst Fab's position is under such uncertainty.

Who do people think would make a good replacement who has experience of both English football and a decent for the radar overseas markets?
I see Martin Edwards named often as a dream candidate? Realistic?

I think this is the best way to go. With the various avenues that Paratici can still come a cropper, it's best to remove those doubts and potential disruptions and start with a clean slate.
He has done well with his player signings BUT offering up the likes of Nuno, Gattuso and now hearing Enrique is his favourite from the list, I'd say his manager radar is not so well tuned.

Any new manager might have ideas of whom he'd like to work with. Although it has to be justified, as I'm not really keen on the 'jobs for the boys' approach. The DofF should be around for 2,3,4 managers ideally.

Definitely we need someone who can give us their full attention, a court case then maybe an appeal dragging out several years doesn't sound great. We need a DOF and manager who are here for the long term to get the setup right.

Who do people think would make a good replacement who has experience of both English football and a decent for the radar overseas markets?

Isnt he more of a chief executive type rather than DoF. No idea who would be a good replacement for Paratici, but at least with his case being adjourned til May he should be able to oversee all the ground work for the summer window. I'm sure Levy will ensure that Paratici's number 2 will be well plugged in in case Paratici is banned too

When you think about it, we couldn't really announce a new head coach whilst Fab's position is under such uncertainty.

I see Martin Edwards named often as a dream candidate? Realistic?

The Old United Exec? If so he must be about 80 now

The head coach and DOF are two key positions for the club if we want to move forward in a structured and well-define way.

Having a DOF in place to help identify the coach and players we want to target in the summer is key imo if we want o avoid the randomness of coaching and playing styles we've seen in recent times post Poch...

Isnt he more of a chief executive type rather than DoF. No idea who would be a good replacement for Paratici, but at least with his case being adjourned til May he should be able to oversee all the ground work for the summer window. I'm sure Levy will ensure that Paratici's number 2 will be well plugged in in case Paratici is banned too

I personally reckon he is a goner, not sure who would replace him, not up to speed on the world of football execs

I think our DOF is both an executive and a person who overseas the football operations, which is what a DOF is....

If Paratici goes it's not a position that can be taken lightly, i,e. it is a position we need in our organisation. Hopefully, as you say, his number 2 is heavily involved and can help smooth over operations whilst we appoint a successor.

Any of Jorge Campos, Ralph Rangnick or Rui Pedro Braz would make me happy.

Tim Steidten at Leverkusen is also considered to be a very good operator.

Giovanni Sartori would be a more leftfield pick, but he did a great job at Atalanta and is now at Bologna so, one would assume, that he is reasonably easily gettable.

Dan Ashworth from Brighton would've been worth a look but Saudi Sportswashing Machine poached him last year.

Back