• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Am i the only one a bit underwhelmed by him? His signings have been fairly solid so far. But i was hoping for more. It might take more time. Bentancur and kulu were good signings. But i want a modric, bale, berbatov, walker, carrick. These were signings that brought us to the next level. I've not seen that yet.

I wonder if he can keep working for us if he gets banged up. Antonio can hide a mobile in his bum and give it to him at visiting time.

Am i the only one a bit underwhelmed by him? His signings have been fairly solid so far. But i was hoping for more. It might take more time. Bentancur and kulu were good signings. But i want a modric, bale, berbatov, walker, carrick. These were signings that brought us to the next level. I've not seen that yet.

You as a fan don't get to want anything ... its a case of shut up, pay the money, enjoy.

Do you not see direct comparisons between Walker and Spence, or Bentancur and Carrick/Modric, or Kulu with Eriksen? Remember you are judging Comolli and cos. signings with 10 years perspective, whereas we are only 6-12 months in with Paratici's.

Do you not see direct comparisons between Walker and Spence, or Bentancur and Carrick/Modric, or Kulu with Eriksen? Remember you are judging Comolli and cos. signings with 10 years perspective, whereas we are only 6-12 months in with Paratici's.

That is why i said it might take more time.

Yes and no, hard to tell yet on alot of his and in my opinion his role can only be a real success if all ships sail together which at the moment does not seem the case yet. I can't judge the success of a signing if the manager decides to not play them and people may say thats a sign of the success but for me you can't judge the likes of a Richarlison who has done it at Prem level when he is not being played (for example)

We might have a Carrick, Walker and Bale (or close as that is a huge ask) but lets also remember Walker had a long loan period out and Bale was nearly sold, I actually see some similarities between that and the fact we have players yet to develop in his catch, but of course jury is out yet on them, but we won't know till we know.

I think for any greenshoots to turn into something substantial he needs more time to be judged, people want a Hakimi and judge him for not delivering that level of player, I would say they are out of his wheelhouse than him not delivering for example

Rumours today that PSG are considering getting rid of both Galtier and Campos following their exit from the Champions League. If that happens then the club would be absolutely mad to pass up a second opportunity to get in Campos as our DoF.

Rumours today that PSG are considering getting rid of both Galtier and Campos following their exit from the Champions League. If that happens then the club would be absolutely mad to pass up a second opportunity to get in Campos as our DoF.

Good option. I guess his relationship with Poch is probably neutral, as they effectively passed in the revolving doors at PSG.

But Michael Edwards is still the one I'd go for first

Good option. I guess his relationship with Poch is probably neutral, as they effectively passed in the revolving doors at PSG.

But Michael Edwards is still the one I'd go for first

Didn't Campos do something crazy recently? I'm sure I read something, need to check. He was the 1st choice DOF for many here wasn't he?

EDIT: Yeah he went down to the pitch and started giving instructions to the players lol

I am getting confused, is he getting a ban? Talk is we are looking at new dof, he wants one manager, levy, wants someone else. What in the name of every thing that is holy, is going on.

And how long did it take from the time they came to when they were seen as a really top player? Berbatov possibly straight away, the rest? Years?
Definitely not six months after being bought.

He looks like a smooth operator (apart from the financial malpractice stuff!) but really I think the DoF is more about the network of contacts he has working for him rather than the individual himself. Plus I’m not sure how transferable it is between clubs. Monchi was hailed as a genius in Seville but didn’t last long in Italy (Roma?)

Romero - Top level, and honestly we shouldn't have got him and to your point of next level, look at our defense with/without him
Bentancur - A fudging steal, I think he's our next great player, same, instant impact, midfield with/without him
Decki - very good player, again, pretty high ceiling

- In those three there probably can be one of those Walker/Carrick/Berbatov level there (Modric and Bale are another level altogether)
- Gil, Sarr, Spence are very promising youngsters, again we should be able to translate one of those at least into a top player

Porro, Richi are solid players that the work was probably more getting the deal done vs. identifying
Emerson has turned out to be a lot better than most people realized, solid squad player.

I'd argue that the alternate view of Paratici is how many outright misses has he made? vs. the buys in the previous 3-4 years?

It's true that we haven't gotten any Modric-tier, transformative talents yet but that requires great scouting and quite a bit of luck. Not necessarily a lot of money depending on which league these players might be in. Like @Raziel said, not too many duds which at least will help our bottom line when it comes to the players retaining their value unlike Ndombele or Lo Celso. We've had so many years of buying mediocrity like Njie and Nkoudou so at least we seem to be heading in the right direction.

And I know it's still not completely possible to judge Destiny Udogie, but I really do think we'll have a good player there. He just needs to work on developing the defensive side of his game but ultimately time will tell if he can handle the PL.

Players like Perisic though... I thought were smart moves but in hindsight turned out to be the wrong choice.

It's true that we haven't gotten any Modric-tier, transformative talents yet but that requires great scouting and quite a bit of luck. Not necessarily a lot of money depending on which league these players might be in. Like @Raziel said, not too many duds which at least will help our bottom line when it comes to the players retaining their value unlike Ndombele or Lo Celso. We've had so many years of buying mediocrity like Njie and Nkoudou so at least we seem to be heading in the right direction.

And I know it's still not completely possible to judge Destiny Udogie, but I really do think we'll have a good player there. He just needs to work on developing the defensive side of his game but ultimately time will tell if he can handle the PL.

Players like Perisic though... I thought were smart moves but in hindsight turned out to be the wrong choice.

Perisic is a dud, but it's also the most clearly Conte buy in the entire squad, blaming that on Paratici is a bit of a stretch

Perisic was a cheap gamble. It didn't pay off. The issue is continuing to play him.

In a role thats clearly beyond him now....at least play him up further where his assists reflect he still has a left peg and get him away from the defence....would be too easy though that

Perisic is a dud, but it's also the most clearly Conte buy in the entire squad, blaming that on Paratici is a bit of a stretch
True, I guess I was just talking about any transfer/signing that happened under Paratici, which is in overall agreement with your prior post that our transfer strategy has improved quite a bit since Paratici came in.

how good are they if they can’t put a decent squad together with unlimited funds

PSG have gone backwards in recent years

Back