• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2024 - The European Football Championship

The lack of confidence from the players in the system is clear. We are chasing the game because the shape and setup isn’t quite right. That undermines the players ability.

I didn’t watch the qualifiers and friendlies, but you’d hope that you have a shape and players a bit more sorted.

I’d rotate Foden and Saka. Let Walker and Foden link up again, and play players in positions that they are used to. Only TAA played out of position covering LB. If Shaw is fit, he should get LB.

Kane

Eze Bellingham Foden

Rice Gallagah

TAA Gahil Stones Walker

Last edited:
They're going home
They're going home
England's going home

😜

In all seriousness, based on today's performance, I can see England losing to Slovenia Serbia and ending third with four three points. The Slovenians Serbs will certainly see there's an opportunity here, more so than before the Euros had started.

Edit: Unintentionally docked England a point and tried ro play them against Serbia twice. :grin:

Last edited:
Alternatively drop Bellingham back into midfield instead of Gallagher. Saka on the right and Foden behind Kane.

They're going home
They're going home
England's going home

😜

In all seriousness, based on today's performance, I can see England losing to Serbia and ending third with three points. The Serbs will certainly see there's an opportunity here, more so than before the Euros had started.
We beat them 1-0 in the 1st game

trent is an experiment. We don't have a natural replacement for kelvin Phillips.

fudging hell

I had the same reaction. Shows up Southgate’s limitations. Philips isn’t international quality. He’s a brick PEH.

We have Bellingham, Gallagher even Eze who could all play in midfield.

I had the same reaction. Shows up Southgate’s limitations. Philips isn’t international quality. He’s a brick PEH.

We have Bellingham, Gallagher even Eze who could all play in midfield.

Gallagher and Eze are brick too.

It’s a very weak squad, people keep banging on about talent, I don’t see it.

The lack of confidence from the players in the system is clear. We are chasing the game because the shape and setup isn’t quite right. That undermines the players ability.

I didn’t watch the qualifiers and friendlies, but you’d hope that you have a shape and players a bit more sorted.

I’d rotate Foden and Saka. Let Walker and Foden link up again, and play players in positions that they are used to. Only TAA played out of position covering LB. If Shaw is fit, he should get LB.

Kane

Eze Bellingham Foden

Rice Gallagah

TAA Gahil Stones Walker
Who is the playmaker here? Foden? Eze? Bellingham? Definitely not Rice or Gallagher. England's problem is the lack of a creative midfield general. The person to knit all the threads together. I can imagine if you had a Eriksen or a Vitinha...

Perhaps Eze can. He does bear some rep at Palace but will England allow him. Foden used to be dangerous. I didn't see him take games by the cuff when De Bruyne was injured (I mean top level games not matches against EPL fodder)

Gallagher and Eze are brick too.

It’s a very weak squad, people keep banging on about talent, I don’t see it.

They are no Zidane. But you don’t need them to be. We have Bellingham for that. You need them to be solid, play quick simple passes and know where to be on the pitch. Both are able on the ball and used to playing in midfield. TAA isn’t.

Last edited:
Who is the playmaker here? Foden? Eze? Bellingham? Definitely not Rice or Gallagher. England's problem is the lack of a creative midfield general. The person to knit all the threads together. I can imagine if you had a Eriksen or a Vitinha...
I dont think so. It’s a lack of comfortable system, more than missing a specific player.

There’s oodles of creativity if knitted together effectively. ATM there isn’t confidence in the shape and there’s no flow.

Perhaps Eze can. He does bear some rep at Palace but will England allow him. Foden used to be dangerous. I didn't see him take games by the cuff when De Bruyne was injured (I mean top level games not matches against EPL fodder)

Foden was a massive part of why Emirates Marketing Project won the league with KDB being injured for so long. Bellingham isn’t Modric but his passing his excellent.

I took from it that England are top of the group. Would that be right?
Please
He can talk all the gonads he likes that was terrible
There was nothing there, the passing was terrible, no creativity, everything was sideways or backwards
Some of the best attacking talent we've ever had and we're playing like we are

Why not? He carries thw ball probably better than Zidan did and his passing and finishing are well above most international players.
This game is all about opinions but for me you are either over rating Bellingham or underrating Zidane here.....

I dont think so. It’s a lack of comfortable system, more than missing a specific player.

There’s oodles of creativity if knitted together effectively. ATM there isn’t confidence in the shape and there’s no flow.

Big hole in the middle of the park. No proper CM.

Back