• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

But as ive said before, players who play for Mourinho win trophies. They will put up with the anti football if it guarantees success, and under him it does.

But players will look at Mou focussing on the lesser trophies and the way he threw games.

And what he has done in the past doesn't guarantee anything for the future

But as ive said before, players who play for Mourinho win trophies. They will put up with the anti football if it guarantees success, and under him it does.

It's a bit like quitting your job as chief recruiter for nubiles.com, because you've always wanted to work for Mike Ashley.

For me signing for United right now, would be like signing for Liverpool in c.1992-4

I've changed my mind from not caring as long as we get serious money to wanting to make a statement by not selling anyone.

Agreed. I can live with Walker going, abroad, because he's given us 8 years and that's a good stint for anyone. To go and strengthen a league rival I wouldn't accept unless we got absolutely ridiculous money, and frankly £50M is no where near.

But Dier? Not a cat in hells chance. None of this 'if he goes we'll get good money'. No. He is one of the poster boys for the Poch revolution. He's got the mentality. We gave him his chance as a regular. He's on a long contract. He has some of his best friends at the club. Absolutely under no circumstances do we sell him to United, not for any money whatsoever. United can learn to develop a player like they used to, or maybe sign someone from the lower leagues like we did. Maybe apply some actual coaching into their player development. Who knows? it just might work.

A club of the stature we are at does not let a player like Dier go.

I really think though, we should be fine with most players. I think regular cash flow increasing means we should start scaling up the pay structure pretty soon. The stadium is coming up. We should be quietly confident we should keep our players and they should be really happy to stay, knowing that we will soon be the type of club that is trying to sign them anyway. No need to move.

I can live with any or all of them going, but doesn't make me happy. But I don't start railing at the world as it's just modern day sport/show businesses!

This whole idea that with Levy, 'every player has his price' is just nonsense. Modric was a massive turning point for us. I remember that summer. We faced the full onslaught of the press, of Modric's advisors, of the Chelsea spin machine, Modric on strike, literally everything that could have been thrown at us, and he still didn't move. Literally articles in The Sun painting Levy as a monster for not letting little Luka 'follow his dream' and join Chelsea. John Terry coming out and being quoted that he fully expected Modric to be at Chelsea's training ground and was surprised it wasn't done yet. Hilarious.

Yes, we eventually sold Modric, but we sold him because he put a shift in that season and was able to secure a move to the biggest club in the world and become a multi-time CL winner. It wasn't about the money when we sold him, it was because we argued fairly that he was happy to sign a long contract with us when things were going well and that if he gave us another season, our platform would secure him an even better move. It wasn't because Real somehow gazumped Chelsea in the money stakes, it was because we did the right thing.

Same with Bale. He went, probably ahead of our schedule, but improved beyond any expectations and earned his move to the biggest club in the world. He came a multi-time CL winner, and we didn't stop him. If players really want to follow their dreams, we will let them, but it has to work for the club.

What absolutely does not happen anymore, is getting bullied by the likes of United, City and Chelsea. We are not a top-6 'happy to be here' club that is happy for the money. We are a better team than the Manchester clubs and pushed Chelsea to the wire. The idea that Dier is open to the move and the articles are written like its an inevitability are hilarious to me. We would sooner sell any of our players abroad than sell to a league rival and I don't think Levy gives a toss about the money. He could probably pay off the stadium by selling the right players this summer and he'd be sorted but that isn't the point. He wants us to be successful. We're in an era where Leicester can win the league, where Spurs have been the most consistent team in the league over the last 2 years and where every club is rich. The idea that anyone should give a toss that United are 'stepping up negotiations' is just baffling.

Amen brother.

But players will look at Mou focussing on the lesser trophies and the way he threw games.

And what he has done in the past doesn't guarantee anything for the future

Focusing on the lesser trophies? He is a manager that has always focused on winning any trophy. He is a winning machine, his teams are terrible to watch on the whole but they win

So he won trophies in the past and last season he won trophies again. I think that shows he does guarantee trophies.

I can understand the dislike of him as a man and his methods, I don't like him at all, but come on let's not belittle the fact that he does know how to win and he delivers trophies, lesser or major, in the past and right now

Still in the minority though

Well to be honest i find the opposite, most sensible fans i talk to nowadays regard most papers fit only for bog paper. They are still a fair number who swear by the crap they read on blogs but again even that number is dropping.

Mind you i tend to stay away from the ' chicken Licken" type of fans so i may be wrong. ;)

Well to be honest i find the opposite, most sensible fans i talk to nowadays regard most papers fit only for bog paper. They are still a fair number who swear by the crap they read on blogs but again even that number is dropping.

Mind you i tend to stay away from the ' chicken Licken" type of fans so i may be wrong. ;)

Mr posh over here!

Focusing on the lesser trophies? He is a manager that has always focused on winning any trophy. He is a winning machine, his teams are terrible to watch on the whole but they win

So he won trophies in the past and last season he won trophies again. I think that shows he does guarantee trophies.

I can understand the dislike of him as a man and his methods, I don't like him at all, but come on let's not belittle the fact that he does know how to win and he delivers trophies, lesser or major, in the past and right now

Mou has never thrown games like he did last season and so far their signings have not impressed IMO

The Mou of 5 years ago was the man. He doesn't lose big games and I'll stand by that but I'd say now he has lost his edge

Mou has never thrown games like he did last season and so far their signings have not impressed IMO

The Mou of 5 years ago was the man. He doesn't lose big games and I'll stand by that but I'd say now he has lost his edge

I agree that he doesn't have the edge he had before. Throwing games? They had horrendous injury problems and he had to play weakened teams in the PL in order to win the EL and qualify for the CL......he made winning the EL a priority and he succeeded.

He is a horrible creature though. I can't wait till he fecks off out of Utd the PL. The only problem with that is that they will most likely go full out to get Poch

I agree that he doesn't have the edge he had before. Throwing games? They had horrendous injury problems and he had to play weakened teams in the PL in order to win the EL and qualify for the CL......he made winning the EL a priority and he succeeded.

He is a horrible creature though. I can't wait till he fecks off out of Utd the PL. The only problem with that is that they will most likely go full out to get Poch

By the team he leaves they will have blown every penny they have chasing shadows and every decent youngster will have gone.... I hope

They had injury problems but they also had the largest and most expensive squad in the league. Mou used the injuries as an excuse to get what he wanted and to focus on the lesser comps

They were higher in the league than us for a decent chunk of time don't forget. Their problem was and is that under him there more defensive than attacking and a such can't get the edge they need against half decent sides

I think he'll be lucky to survive the season without being sacked. Guardiola too I think

We can certainly pay more just with the new tv money

I made the comment previously that we should have fist team players almost on a flat structure so there all "in it together" on say £100k

I know that goes against the grain of what other clubs do but i can't think of a better way of creating a team (which we have) by having everyone on a similar wage... almost like a unionised set up

It would give anyone out of the team a carrot to improve but give everyone a sightline
If I were Kane and found out my salary was the same as Sissoko's I'd walk tomorrow.

Back