• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Nope, that just too conspiratorial. Its all about generate clicks and selling ads, and all text including the words "Manchester United" gives move of that. Simple facts.

Not really I have a mate who works on the sport desk at the Mirror and the press work hard to try and manufacture things that will see a wobble at a club or with a manager. We have been off the hook in recent years but once they get a sniff they will go for it, provocative language like "Exodus" being used already.

Its not in media interest to produce the facts, all about trying to break our ship

Our ship is clearly sinking

Were losing all our British players to these superior clubs and we can't afford to pay anyone

Clearly we can't run a tinkle upon a brewery and the last 3 seasons progress has been a fluke :(((((

Our ship is clearly sinking

Were losing all our British players to these superior clubs and we can't afford to pay anyone

Clearly we can't organise a *tinkle-up in a brewery and the last 3 seasons progress has been a fluke :(((((

We are doomed.............FIFY

Not really I have a mate who works on the sport desk at the Mirror and the press work hard to try and manufacture things that will see a wobble at a club or with a manager. We have been off the hook in recent years but once they get a sniff they will go for it, provocative language like "Exodus" being used already.

It's why Walker absolutely has to stay. It will open the floodgates of 'same old selling club'.

I don't belive in that. They need Spurs and they need Levy. Imagine how many articles that wouldn't have been written if Levy wouldn't been around. They really need "Levy Time", that´s generate 10 articles instead of 2.

Things that are broken have a tendency to disappear.

I don't belive in that. They need Spurs and they need Levy. Imagine how many articles that wouldn't have been written if Levy wouldn't been around. They really need "Levy Time", that´s generate 10 articles instead of 2.

Things that are broken have a tendency to disappear.

You dont have to believe in it, its called paper arrogance, believing they have the power to make or break things.

There may well be no truth in the Dier stories, so lets go with that, the papers would love to cause so many ripples that it turns heads and comes off, then they can move onto the next story about Spurs....it happens if you believe it or not

This whole idea that with Levy, 'every player has his price' is just nonsense. Modric was a massive turning point for us. I remember that summer. We faced the full onslaught of the press, of Modric's advisors, of the Chelsea spin machine, Modric on strike, literally everything that could have been thrown at us, and he still didn't move. Literally articles in The Sun painting Levy as a monster for not letting little Luka 'follow his dream' and join Chelsea. John Terry coming out and being quoted that he fully expected Modric to be at Chelsea's training ground and was surprised it wasn't done yet. Hilarious.

Yes, we eventually sold Modric, but we sold him because he put a shift in that season and was able to secure a move to the biggest club in the world and become a multi-time CL winner. It wasn't about the money when we sold him, it was because we argued fairly that he was happy to sign a long contract with us when things were going well and that if he gave us another season, our platform would secure him an even better move. It wasn't because Real somehow gazumped Chelsea in the money stakes, it was because we did the right thing.

Same with Bale. He went, probably ahead of our schedule, but improved beyond any expectations and earned his move to the biggest club in the world. He came a multi-time CL winner, and we didn't stop him. If players really want to follow their dreams, we will let them, but it has to work for the club.

What absolutely does not happen anymore, is getting bullied by the likes of United, City and Chelsea. We are not a top-6 'happy to be here' club that is happy for the money. We are a better team than the Manchester clubs and pushed Chelsea to the wire. The idea that Dier is open to the move and the articles are written like its an inevitability are hilarious to me. We would sooner sell any of our players abroad than sell to a league rival and I don't think Levy gives a toss about the money. He could probably pay off the stadium by selling the right players this summer and he'd be sorted but that isn't the point. He wants us to be successful. We're in an era where Leicester can win the league, where Spurs have been the most consistent team in the league over the last 2 years and where every club is rich. The idea that anyone should give a toss that United are 'stepping up negotiations' is just baffling.

I've changed my mind from not caring as long as we get serious money to wanting to make a statement by not selling anyone.
Absolutely agree 100% A good close season for us will be to have the same squad we had last season at the end of the current transfer window minus Sissoko. (so long as Lamela is going to be fit this year)

I would give my right arm to be in the levy house when he picks up the papers in the morning.

It must be hilarious to see him chuckle as he dances around the breakfast room table ...

Sell who? To who? The whole world is counting on this transfer as the "evidence" gets stronger by the day.

When there is no news putting a sensational Man U heading will generate income.

If Levy holds out people will still deny us as the club that is in the champions league, or as the club that gives you the finger.

The Star started it this morning with Dier supposedly telling friends that he wants to play for Mourinho (doesn't sound like the type of thing he would say), only to later run a piece stating that he is actually happily settled at Spurs with Poch.

Only a complete retread would want to play for Mourinho. An anti-football manager who destroys young players

But as ive said before, players who play for Mourinho win trophies. They will put up with the anti football if it guarantees success, and under him it does.

Back