• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Hasn't hampered Alli or Dier so far.

They're still only making a fraction of what the likes of Bendtner and Frimpong got. As long they're performing, we keep rewarding them. I do believe there are limits to how much we can increase our spending on wages from season to season.

'RobertReed1
This is such an obvious plant by United to a friendly journo at The Express. It is based on a comment he made years ago before he moved to Spurs about it being hard to turn down an offer from United. A blatant attempt to unsettle the player and nothing more.'

It has now evolved: Eric Dier has reportedly told Tottenham he wants to leave the club and join Manchester United, amid reports the Red Devils have made a improved £50million bid.

That's the headline, further down they clarify that it's based on what's in the Guardian. Teamtalk is owned by Sky IIRC.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/dier-to-ask-spurs-to-leave-as-man-utd-close-on-double-100m-deal

It has now evolved: Eric Dier has reportedly told Tottenham he wants to leave the club and join Manchester United, amid reports the Red Devils have made a improved £50million bid.

That's the headline, further down they clarify that it's based on what's in the Guardian. Teamtalk is owned by Sky IIRC.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/dier-to-ask-spurs-to-leave-as-man-utd-close-on-double-100m-deal

Its the quotes that dont come with any of these reports that amazes me

Even the talk of him being a Unite fan... yet no quotes even behind that

We can certainly pay more just with the new tv money

I made the comment previously that we should have fist team players almost on a flat structure so there all "in it together" on say £100k

I know that goes against the grain of what other clubs do but i can't think of a better way of creating a team (which we have) by having everyone on a similar wage... almost like a unionised set up

It would give anyone out of the team a carrot to improve but give everyone a sightline
With the likes of Trippier who has mainly been second-string up to now on £68k-a-week at the same time as long-established, key players like Eriksen are on around £80k we have something not so very far away from that already. Even Harry Kane's basic is reportly a mere(!) £90k. I'd have thought it's practically impossible to get any more even-handed than that in this day and age.

David Pleat was on bbc 5live last night rubbishing the idea that Dier could leave. We all know he has an inside track to Levy.

Sorry but I dont think you can be so confident about that. Everyone has their price, and if true that Dier supported Utd as a youngster and demonstrates a willingness to leave he will in all likelihood end up going. The only thing you can be sure of is that if he does, United will massively overpay.....

Sure I might be proven wrong in the end but I can be confident and I AM

Who wants to listen to sense even if it is coming from David Pleat

I listened to the whole show and interesting when there was talk early in the show about Walker and City he said nothing to suggest it might not happen but he was quick to say Dier was going nowhere. Remember Pleaty still has the ear of Daniel Levy and talking about Spurs he said "us

Nope, that just too conspiratorial. Its all about generate clicks and selling ads, and all text including the words "Manchester United" gives move of that. Simple facts.

That's why they're happy to run anything passed to them from people connected to United. There's more to this than just click bait. Most United fans don't even want Dier and how many clicks can you get from running the same story over and over?

Back