• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Story smells of bs.

There will be no vital training drills during international week so I can't imagine why he wants to train over playing for his country.

The international break is an excellent chance for players that aren't selected to spend time on the training ground with Poch and the coaches. Perhaps take some steps in the right direction.

Could be something more like people are mentioning, but could just be that he thinks he'll get more out of two weeks with our coaches at our training ground than flying around and training with the England U21...

Anyone else think he might benefit from a loan move in January? Looks very short on confidence and was outright poor against Palace, already essentially 4th choice at right back at the moment and we have Yedlin arriving in January. Jan and Fazio are forming a good partnership and Dier looks far away from regular football. Without regular football it's going to be difficult to regain that confidence...

Anyone else think he might benefit from a loan move in January? Looks very short on confidence and was outright poor against Palace, already essentially 4th choice at right back at the moment and we have Yedlin arriving in January. Jan and Fazio are forming a good partnership and Dier looks far away from regular football. Without regular football it's going to be difficult to regain that confidence...

He's 1st choice to cover for Jan and Fazio I reckon!

He's 1st choice to cover for Jan and Fazio I reckon!

Based on what? He's started one game at centre back in the league (where he was moved to full back early on). I can't remember him starting there in the EL either, but I might be wrong. He has gotten worse at right back as the season has progressed.

Based on what? He's started one game at centre back in the league (where he was moved to full back early on). I can't remember him starting there in the EL either, but I might be wrong. He has gotten worse at right back as the season has progressed.

Based on the fact both Kaboul and Vlad scare the living begeezers out of me!!!

We need him to cover for Jan when he decides to be less committed. Also I suspect Jan will be off as soon as a champions league team comes in for him, so good for dier to hang around and be part of the Poch revolution.

Based on the fact both Kaboul and Vlad scare the living begeezers out of me!!!

And Dier doesn't at the moment? How did you think he did against Palace?

We need him to cover for Jan when he decides to be less committed. Also I suspect Jan will be off as soon as a champions league team comes in for him, so good for dier to hang around and be part of the Poch revolution.

Obviously not saying he should be sold. Massive talent. But to keep developing I think he needs some game time, and a loan could do that for him.

It's pretty obvious he's a cb and Vlad,Naughton,Walker and potentially Yedlin are ahead of him at RB. I think Poch always had in mind Fazio would be first team Cb eventually with Verts so that's why he hasn't had more opportunities and I doubt he will be loaned. We will have injuries then who is back of Cb? We would be back to Kaboul....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

It's pretty obvious he's a cb and Vlad,Naughton,Walker and potentially Yedlin are ahead of him at RB. I think Poch always had in mind Fazio would be first team Cb eventually with Verts so that's why he hasn't had more opportunities and I doubt he will be loaned. We will have injuries then who is back of Cb? We would be back to Kaboul....

I think we'll be in the market for a new centre back come January. If we can't trust Kaboul or Vlad we should be.

they were all utter gash. I only see him as an emergancy Right Back at best - he's much better at CB.

Thought Fazio was good, Vertonghen and Davies at least decent. Dier was shocking though.

I agree that he looks a more natural centre back, but I don't see what makes people think he's ready to start in that position for us now.

I think we'll be in the market for a new centre back come January. If we can't trust Kaboul or Vlad we should be.

If we get another Cb then I wouldn't mind loaning Dier. We are still strongly being linked with Moreno. I'd still keep Vlad for his versatility - can cover RB as well as cb...

Chiriches is a compulsive risk taker, I'm not Poch or any manager can curb that. Dier for me has more potential.

Chiriches is a compulsive risk taker, I'm not Poch or any manager can curb that. Dier for me has more potential.

I agree that Dier probably has more potential than Vlad, primarily because of his physical size though which will be helpful. Vlad will always have to compensate and play next to someone more physical to be successful I think.

Right now (at right back) Dier is so risk averse it's more of a problem for us than Vlad's risk taking. Remember Poch said after the Chelsea game that he wouldn't blame Lloris for the second goal because it was him (Poch) that wanted them to play out from the back.

I do think Dier is very talented, including his talents on the ball that were pretty clear earlier this season. He just looks very short on confidence to me right now and in obvious need of experience.

As he matures I think dier will find that rb won't be suitable for him anymore and that his best and only position will be at cb. I think dier is more capable than jan in aerial interceptions, and will be a regular starter for us within a year or so.

Where is he? a little stat the other day show that so far this season he has been only second as the fastest player on the pitch. HE needs a chance back as cover for Fazio and Verts. Has pock fallen out with him also?

Where is he? a little stat the other day show that so far this season he has been only second as the fastest player on the pitch. HE needs a chance back as cover for Fazio and Verts. Has pock fallen out with him also?

Confidence, possibly?

Have been impressed with him at centre back last 2 games. Really hope he gets a good run of games to help with his development. He's got all the attributes to be a top class centre back.

Has a big future. Like an old fashioned centre half, yet cultured. Very good first choice where I don't mind him coming in to do a job

Back