• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Eric clearly not a natural at playing RB or at time keeping #-o

@MailSport: Eric Dier on living in England and how he thought the clocks going back was some sort of joke http://dailym.ai/1nGFjYU

@JacquiOatley: Dier came out of dressing room v late, high-fived Kaboul, in position only as game re-started, not focused, ball over his head to Ameobi 1-1

If you captain high fives you are you going to tell him off and focus on the game :)

Kaboul is a poor captain, and has a distorted view of his leadership qualities .

Well if Eric had come out for the 2nd half along with his teammates then he'd have had plenty of time to high five Kaboul before getting into position!

As it was he had literally just ran straight across the pitch before the whistle was blown and was caught on his heels by a simple ball over the top.

Obviously it doesn't help that Vertonghen was strolling over to high five / chat with Rose as the whistle was blown, leaving Kaboul trying to cover the whole middle of the pitch which he clearly does not have the pace to do.

I said it about 8 weeks ago.... He plays square on any winger so is easier to beat and it doesn't help him read the game
Personally with the injuries we have there I'd play him central and Kaboul right back. Kaboul has always looked solid there for me and looks more comfortable going forward

I really don't want Diers rep to be tarnished being played out of position

Agree.

Kaboul on the right and for the CB , Fazio plays in league games , Dier plays in cup games.

The roaming of Lamela that always makes Dier being 1 vs 2 in defense has just made things worst TBH.

Last edited:
I'd play Chiriches RB. He has some pace and loves to bomb forward. Believe it or not he can defend despite some well below par performances of late...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I'd play Chiriches RB. He has some pace and loves to bomb forward. Believe it or not he can defend despite some well below par performances of late...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Good idea but only if dier takes Kabouls place.

He's not playing well at the moment. What he needs is a place on the bench for a while, not to be moved into a position with even more responsibility.

Not surprising that he's making mistakes. He's very young and new to the league and club. He got a fantastic start and some regression to the mean was bound to set in. We've seen it before and we'll see it again. Probably wouldn't have gotten this many minutes on the pitch already if not for Naughton's injury in addition to Walker's.

Whilst Eric primarily to blame for their equaliser, the rest of the back line have to accept some responsibility for leaving him so exposed.

As, when the whistle was blown to start the second half, Vertonghen was strolling over to Rose which caused Kaboul to shift a few yards to his left to fill the space in the middle. So when the ball was played over the top, Kaboul was too far away from Dier to help him when he was chasing down Ameobi.

ImpoliteAdmiredErne.gif

I'd like to see this goal from another angle. Was the Saudi Sportswashing Machine player in our half before tip off? He looks like he is in a very advanced position by the time the ball arrives.

That aside I think Steve's comments are spot on. Kaboul is in the centre of the pitch and can in no way cover for Dier. If he was lined up where he should have been then he could have covered with ease considering the shorter distance and head start.

Do we have a bit of history in not being ready at tip off? I seem to remember another incident where we got caught cold like this.

I'd like to see this goal from another angle. Was the Saudi Sportswashing Machine player in our half before tip off? He looks like he is in a very advanced position by the time the ball arrives.

That aside I think Steve's comments are spot on. Kaboul is in the centre of the pitch and can in no way cover for Dier. If he was lined up where he should have been then he could have covered with ease considering the shorter distance and head start.

Do we have a bit of history in not being ready at tip off? I seem to remember another incident where we got caught cold like this.

I posted a slightly longer clip of the kick-off and goal here http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showth...ville-on-Spurs?p=622025&viewfull=1#post622025 and the Saudi Sportswashing Machine players were just quicker out of the blocks.

A shame that Windy hasn't done his goals conceded analysis recently but this certainly ain't the first time we've conceded straight from a kick off (Navas after 14 seconds at the Etihad last season springs to mind) and we can but hope that Pochettino is working out how to make sure our players are more alert when the whistle blows.

We also have a fairly long history of falling asleep for throw-ins, corners, free kicks etc. Part of the mentality that isn't there that Poch (and everyone else) is talking about.

I thought Dier was a CB who can and has played RB? Im sure that's what was stated when he signed so trying to shift this on to him being played out of position isn't a correct summary (if it's true re him being a CB/RB) it could just be he's not up to starting premier league standard yet. But with both RBs in the squad injured our hand is being forced on this atm

He's what looks to be a very promising centre half who has been played at right back because he can play there and we have no on else who can due to injuries.

I think Dier just gets done by the flight of the ball.

Look at the angle he starts to run - diagonally back toward the player, but isn't quick enough and the player is around him. Meanwhile the ball is over him essentially.

If he retreated directly back to cover the space he likely would have been in a position to make a tackle.

Slack all around, really.

Yes he's done by the difficult angle but in other teams the centre backs are facing the right way and able to get to that end of the pitch faster. That's kaboul.

He has made a few big mistakes so far but is only young and probably wasn't expected to probably play as much as he did in his first year

He will be a quality player thats for sure, he definately has talent, looking forward to seeing him play at CB soon

Back