• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Re: Daniel Levy isn't stupid...

Modern fans, mate.

Sense of entitlement. Short memories. No patience. Easily panicked.

I don't think it's entitlement and my memory is longer than most on here I expect

the way I see it is you have to have a plan to compete, we always had that before, even under sugar and scholar we tried, obviously incompetently but the idea was there

I don't think we have that anymore, I think the plan is to be exactly what we are right now

Because revenues are still rising.

Not to mention that other clubs haven't just spent £100m on buying up property for a new stadium and £45m on a new training facility.

we always break even - give or take season by season. when that allows us to spend high on transfers we do - as evidenced by our transfer activity over the years. no different to other clubs

Because revenues are still rising.

Not to mention that other clubs haven't just spent £100m on buying up property for a new stadium and £45m on a new training facility.

neither of those count against ffp, a billionaire white knight could have funded them themselves and put all the operating profit on the pitch

obviously that begs the question "why should they?" and it's a good one, I don't know, what i do know is that football is now like F1, if you want to be successful you have to throw money at it

I don't think it's entitlement and my memory is longer than most on here I expect

the way I see it is you have to have a plan to compete, we always had that before, even under sugar and scholar we tried, obviously incompetently but the idea was there

I don't think we have that anymore, I think the plan is to be exactly what we are right now

i disagree with that statement as much as it's possible for someone to agree with something :lol:

we have our plan, youth/potential and maximizing our potential. we're just experiencing a few seasons where the plan hasn't run smoothly

Err.............what????

You're probably right that the current plan is for us to be best of the rest, with an occasional chance of breaking into the top four.

But comparisons with Scholar are meaningless. Spurs were operating on a level playing field in those days. We're operating at a huge disadvantage now.

Comparisons with Sugar............well, let's just say that you're not going to get far with that argument!

neither of those count against ffp, a billionaire white knight could have funded them themselves and put all the operating profit on the pitch

obviously that begs the question "why should they?" and it's a good one, I don't know, what i do know is that football is now like F1, if you want to be successful you have to throw money at it

Where is this billionaire white knight? He / she has had plenty of time to show himself / herself.

In the meanwhile we have to deal with reality, which requires some tightening of the belt while the club's infrastructure is massively upgraded.

I don't have all the answers, ****, I don't have any of the answers, but i'm fed up, and I'm having a rant, we change everything regularly and nothing changes, I've got nothing else to moan about except the ownership

it's all made worse by just how good we were a couple of years ago, I'm incredibly frustrated and all I can do is moan on here

sorry for ****ing on the chips

I don't have all the answers, ****, I don't have any of the answers, but i'm fed up, and I'm having a rant, we change everything regularly and nothing changes, I've got nothing else to moan about except the ownership

it's all made worse by just how good we were a couple of years ago, I'm incredibly frustrated and all I can do is moan on here

hmmm wonder how much worse it has to get before others start to see it galeforce

That every time he employs a director of football we end up with a lop sided team.

I don't think that we have a lopsided team. We are well set up for 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. I think that our problem is that we have inexperienced youngsters and not good enough senior players. We'll be fine but it is going to take two or three windows to move on and replace the players that don't cut the mustard.

no need to apologize, it's a message board though and you're opinions will always get countered...

it seems to me for people to not be moaning right now we would have had to have continued the arc of progression we saw between '04 and '12 - on one hand everyone seems to be in agreement our rightful position is around the 5th/6th/7th bracket but then when that is where we find ourselves many of those same people (yourself included?) get frustrated and complain - it all comes across rather contradictory to me if im honest.

not regressing would be enough for me, imo we are a million miles from where we were 2 years ago

Levy has got Moyes or Pulis in his sights imo. The win today was very important to help buy Poch the time he needs. We could do with a few more flukey ones, coz Levy will boot him if we are around the relegation places by 20 games in.

not regressing would be enough for me, imo we are a million miles from where we were 2 years ago

you have to allow for some regression.

no matter how good or well run your club is it will reach a point where it hits a bit of a ceiling and then takes a step back - are there any examples of clubs where this hasn't been the case? Bayern Munich possibly...

are there any clubs in England outside of the established top tier or those with bags of money that have consistently been in the top 6 for as long as us?
Everton, Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine - all had periods where they looked like breaking the top 4 only to fall way off the chase, we have WAY outperformed them and i think you're setting unrealistic targets if you expect us to reach a certain point in the table and then never regress from it.

even Chelsea with the White Knight you crave recently spent a year outside of the top 4

Levy has got Moyes or Pulis in his sights imo. The win today was very important to help buy Poch the time he needs. We could do with a few more flukey ones, coz Levy will boot him if we are around the relegation places by 20 games in.

This is based on?

a step or two back to find your feet is one thing, we've sprinted back to where we were in 2002

I really don't think so, a lot of similarities, a squad full of young players with potential signed for big money under pressure to step up quickly, not a great amount of quality in the side, a defence that couldn't defend and a manager struggling to get players playing the way he wants to

I really don't think so, a lot of similarities, a squad full of young players with potential signed for big money under pressure to step up quickly, not a great amount of quality in the side, a defence that couldn't defend and a manager struggling to get players playing the way he wants to

similarities yes, but we're off the back of a 4th 5th 6th run in the league and unless anything dramatic happens id expect to see us finishing around there come the end of the season - looking forward we won't need as much work on the squad to get us back on track for pushing for the top 4 again. in 2002 pre Arnesen/Jol that was a long way off from being a reality. not to mention all the other aspects of the club which have improved greatly outside of first team matters.

i assume you've already come to the conclusion this is the best that Pochettino can offer and we're not likely to see an improvement over the course of the season?

Back