• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Re: Daniel Levy isn't stupid...

I'd bite your hand off for top 6 now, I think there are 7/8 more effective sides than us

I'm not laying any blame at Poch's door really (his faith in ade and kaboul concerns me mind), he has a lot of average players to work with, quite a few of whom seem a bit stupid as well, my lack of faith stems from the players, other than Lloris there really isn't much there

I don't think we'll be troubling the CL places again for quite some time, seasons rather than months

i wasn't hinting at you blaming Pochettino - I was just interested to see if you had seen enough in the 10 league games so far to decided that we aren't going to get any better?

you seem pretty certain we're in for a mid table finish, seems a bit early to be drawing that conclusion to me, which in turn means it's early to write off the bulk of the squad

Yeah I think I have, because week to week there is nothing new from any of them, there isn't any real progression, nothing to hang my hat on today, we were lucky that a very very poor villa side pushed the self destruct button.

Whenever we've played anyone remotely organised we have lost.

if that's how you see it fair enough, i don't yet think all hope is lost for us in terms of building a team from the players here.

if that's how you see it fair enough, i don't yet think all hope is lost for us in terms of building a team from the players here.

I agree. Other than two teams at the top and a handful at the bottom, I think that the league is pretty flat in quality this year.

This is based on?

The Ramos tenure. When it looked like we might be in trouble, Levy turned to a boss with a different approach -- he went British, experienced, he got Harry.

Levy has always been trigger happy. If we get 20 games in and we are flirting with the relegation places (hopefully we won't be!) then I think you will see him act, and then target a boss with a different approach to avoid trouble. The 2 names that could do that and who are out of a job are Pulis and Moyes.

I hope that while we are mis-firing, we can jam a few more wins like today to buy Poch time with Levy. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could really struggle this season if we take a long time to click, when you look at some of our results so far. There are no games at the moment where we can confidently think "that's 3 points." I hope Poch gets given time, I think it's about time Levy let a good coach get on with the job and supported him. Hopefully he will.

Levy has got Moyes or Pulis in his sights imo. The win today was very important to help buy Poch the time he needs. We could do with a few more flukey ones, coz Levy will boot him if we are around the relegation places by 20 games in.

Nah.

The Ramos tenure. When it looked like we might be in trouble, Levy turned to a boss with a different approach -- he went British, experienced, he got Harry.

Levy has always been trigger happy. If we get 20 games in and we are flirting with the relegation places (hopefully we won't be!) then I think you will see him act, and then target a boss with a different approach to avoid trouble. The 2 names that could do that and who are out of a job are Pulis and Moyes.

I hope that while we are mis-firing, we can jam a few more wins like today to buy Poch time with Levy. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could really struggle this season if we take a long time to click, when you look at some of our results so far. There are no games at the moment where we can confidently think "that's 3 points." I hope Poch gets given time, I think it's about time Levy let a good coach get on with the job and supported him. Hopefully he will.

If it happened and I hope it does not as I am in favour of sticking with a manager and giving him time, but I think he would go for steve bruce.

Levy hasn't been trigger happy, he has given our managers more time than some of them deserved. Ramos situation was getting rather precarious though.

This season feels very different to Ramos' second season to me.

I'm also not sure that I agree that Levy has been trigger happy. I struggle to think of a manager under him that deserved more time than they got.

9 managers in 13 years is hardly a record to be proud of.

which ones do you think were fired too soon? each and every one had a sizable amount of the fan base calling for their head - maybe not Jol, though my memory is hazy from that time. i don't think we can't call the chairman trigger happy if we don't display patience ourselves

which ones do you think were fired too soon? each and every one had a sizable amount of the fan base calling for their head - maybe not Jol, though my memory is hazy from that time. i don't think we can't call the chairman trigger happy if we don't display patience ourselves

I'd been calling for Jol's head for a year when he finally went. Decent coach, but poor manager. Can't keep falling out with all your players. And then there's his inability to learn from mistakes or sort out our defending.

I would say Jol. It's up for debate whether he had taken us as far as he could have, but we weren't in real danger of being relegated and I feel he deserved to at least see out that season.

I am about to light the touch paper with this, but I personally feel Redknapp was fired too soon. Yes I know a large number on this forum hate him and I admit he did himself no favours whatsoever by flipflopping over his contract, but I do feel he acted largely because we missed out on the CL, the contract stuff was just the last straw that pushed him over the edge. I honestly he believed he would have been our manager going into 2012/13 had Chelsea not fluked that competition in the spawniest way imginable. I think he deserved the mother of all *******ings, but also one more season to rectify the mistakes he made.

As I've said before, I don't think this forum necessarily represents how most Spurs fans feel about x player or manager, most Spurs fans I know were quite gutted he was sacked and even more so when AVB was appointed :lol:

it's not just a case of the mood when he fired them, how much did he contribute to it being time for them to go

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but I don't think he did enough to keep AVB in the job

it's not just a case of the mood when he fired them, how much did he contribute to it being time for them to go

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but I don't think he did enough to keep AVB in the job

i was as big a AVB man as there was on the board during his time, but taking everything in to account it certainly looks like he brought about his own demise

It wasn't Levy's fault that AVB fell out with everyone at the club.

I would say Jol. It's up for debate whether he had taken us as far as he could have, but we weren't in real danger of being relegated and I feel he deserved to at least see out that season.

I am about to light the touch paper with this, but I personally feel Redknapp was fired too soon. Yes I know a large number on this forum hate him and I admit he did himself no favours whatsoever by flipflopping over his contract, but I do feel he acted largely because we missed out on the CL, the contract stuff was just the last straw that pushed him over the edge. I honestly he believed he would have been our manager going into 2012/13 had Chelsea not fluked that competition in the spawniest way imginable. I think he deserved the mother of all *******ings, but also one more season to rectify the mistakes he made.

As I've said before, I don't think this forum necessarily represents how most Spurs fans feel about x player or manager, most Spurs fans I know were quite gutted he was sacked and even more so when AVB was appointed :lol:

If Redknapp had taken the contract extension when it was on the table, after his court case had finished, he would have got more time.

If we'd lost today, Levy would have been lamenting letting Redknapp go! At times it looked like we'd regressed to pre HR days. Thank fuk we turned it around, or this place would have been in melt down calling for Levy, Poch, Ade to be lynched.

If Levy can be criticised it is for appointing the wrong managers. Generally he seems to favour younger types - maybe trying to find the next Wenger.

I think Poch needs a lot more time. But if he chooses players, based on training or his professional opinion, and fans don't agree, the knives come out in no time. Now Poch has no choice but to start Kane, or else he will be vilified. Some of the responsibility lies with fans who don't let the Spurs manager get on with his job.

If Redknapp had taken the contract extension when it was on the table, after his court case had finished, he would have got more time.

I'm not so sure.

Just on AVB and falling out with everyone, Levy himself has fallen out with at least 3 managers that we know of.

Back